Old 12-26-2019, 01:43 PM
space cake cookie

Default Re: 50 Cal Getdown

well that escalated quickly, and lot's of dicks and heads talk and that's always nice to hear around the miracle zombie season. speaking of zombies we watched Double Tap on the eve of xmas day and it was glorious.

....madison.....

you two behave yourselves now.

thank you adam adam & mike

Old 12-26-2019, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dust monkey View Post
well that escalated quickly, and lot's of dicks and heads talk and that's always nice to hear around the miracle zombie season. speaking of zombies we watched Double Tap on the eve of xmas day and it was glorious.

....madison.....

you two behave yourselves now.
haha yeah, whatevs. dude is light work. he’s been trying to vote me off the island for years now. i’m not worried.

on to important matters, Double Tap and Ready or Not are my two favorite horror comedies of the year. i thought both were pretty great.
Old 12-30-2019, 10:31 PM

I collect MMM so I would have bought it with or without MCA on it. I was like most everybody who would even read this thread in that I hoped it was something monumental. It turned out to be less than that, and I'm OK with that because imo it was not marketed in a way that led me to believe that it was more than a verse on a mix tape.

Given that MMM spent some time with Mike and Adam on the book tour, and looked them in the face every day for weeks if not months, it doesn't really make sense that he'd dick them over for a cash grab. That is not what this is about. He's not a cash grabber. I can't even get Magma Chamber on vinyl or CD. It seems more like a tribute from him to the guy he worked with on music for over a decade.

The track itself is cool. To me, the album is fantastic. I don't want to say that anybody is wrong for their opinion.

In my mind... MMM put out a record that you can only get from one retailer and limited it to 1,000 copies on vinyl because people like me wanted a physical copy. He's not going to make dick off of this release by selling vinyl. Rough Trade sold it at a reasonable price, and (by the way) added a free promo CD that included an hour long mix of the album plus lots of bonus material. Just over 2 minutes of that free bonus CD contained a track that featured MCA playing fuzz base and a very small sample of lyrics we haven't heard. I'm good with that.

In the woodshed working on my chops to hide the pressures coming out the box
Old 12-31-2019, 02:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfatlove06 View Post
I collect MMM so I would have bought it with or without MCA on it. I was like most everybody who would even read this thread in that I hoped it was something monumental. It turned out to be less than that, and I'm OK with that because imo it was not marketed in a way that led me to believe that it was more than a verse on a mix tape.

Given that MMM spent some time with Mike and Adam on the book tour, and looked them in the face every day for weeks if not months, it doesn't really make sense that he'd dick them over for a cash grab. That is not what this is about. He's not a cash grabber. I can't even get Magma Chamber on vinyl or CD. It seems more like a tribute from him to the guy he worked with on music for over a decade.

The track itself is cool. To me, the album is fantastic. I don't want to say that anybody is wrong for their opinion.

In my mind... MMM put out a record that you can only get from one retailer and limited it to 1,000 copies on vinyl because people like me wanted a physical copy. He's not going to make dick off of this release by selling vinyl. Rough Trade sold it at a reasonable price, and (by the way) added a free promo CD that included an hour long mix of the album plus lots of bonus material. Just over 2 minutes of that free bonus CD contained a track that featured MCA playing fuzz base and a very small sample of lyrics we haven't heard. I'm good with that.

In the woodshed working on my chops to hide the pressures coming out the box
Sounds good, l heard a sample of another track on instagram which was really good.
So is the MCA track him rapping over the fuzz bass or two separate tracks?

"I don't wanna go to a health farm,I just wanna have a good time"

Old 12-31-2019, 02:57 AM

Bigfatlove06 that was a good enough review for me, l just went and bought the double CD off rough trade, cheers.

Old 12-31-2019, 06:00 AM

Arrow Re: 50 Cal Getdown

Mine showed up yesterday. It's pretty much exactly what you'd expect out of Mike. High adrenaline, spaced out, sonic onslaught.

100% agree with Bigfatlove's perspective on the MCA track. Mike's music career doesn't have much in the way of fan pandering or compromise. He's always been savagly unique and independent. It's hard for me to think of another artist who has the same amount of integrity as him.
Old 01-04-2020, 06:19 AM

Just the heard the track. Its good but not what l thought it was going to be.
l remembered there being more vocals on that instagram clip that he released last year
On 50 cal getdown there is only about two lines of vocals
It is a good album very b-boy hip hop meets todays music.