Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-26-2020, 05:23 PM

Default Re: Bonnaroo YouTube

^^^ re: Mike D, I always thought he completely bossed Too Many Rappers as well. But Long Burn The Fire is his moment, absolute fire.

Absolutely loved the Bonnaroo show incidentally. As much as I dig the AIFST concept and execution, I’d rather have a hard copy of this sort of show filmed normally etc any day. Even the sound is preferable for me. My dream is for some sort of multi-disc live release covering all eras.

While it’s a shame they didn’t throw in any Mix Up or 5 Boroughs material, they did at the other shows around this time. I think the Baltimore show for instance is a latter day holy grail of sorts if any recording exists - 30 song set list, intimate setting, and as Bonnaroo demonstrates: the Beastie Boys performing arguably better than ever.

All of this is very bittersweet obviously. First and foremost the world was obviously robbed of a great man (and specifically husband, father, son etc). But from a more selfish point of view, we lost a great late golden era for the group we love.

Quote:
DIAMOND: He wishes he could be here right now. So do we.