Go Back   Beastie Boys Message Board > Non-Beastie Boys > General Political Discussion

Old 01-12-2005, 07:45 AM

Default Re: A Challenge To Everyone...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeƱor Stino
you ADDED an 11th commandment Racer ?

pfft, and you said children can understand your vision of religion, well this will confuse their young souls ! they might run off into REAL christianity
What are you talking a/b? Maybe you should do a little reading.
Old 01-12-2005, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace42
What with you saying D_raay is my cheerleader, and Loppfessor saying it is Assman, I am practically ready to turn in my crown as least popular *sensible* poster (that excludes Sisko) on the forum.
So would it be possible that you have two cheerleaders?

Who is number one?
Old 01-12-2005, 07:52 AM

I'll let them fight it out amongst themselves.
Old 01-12-2005, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mae
wait....are you implying sisko is *sensible* ?
No, I am stating that by using the qualifier "sensible" I am expressly excluding Sisko.
Old 01-12-2005, 07:59 AM
you fucking lemmings...

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_Raay
Get off that fence Q!!!!
the fuck are you talking about?...
please explain....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuzz
...to stretch your capacity for compassion for other people? Then again, I don't think you value that very highly. Not as highly as telling it like it is.
-----
Qdrop HipHop Mix

Old 01-12-2005, 08:01 AM
you fucking lemmings...

Quote:
That is absolute drivel of the first order. Firstly, you do not "have to respect everyone's opinions." - I certainly do not respect Hitler's opinions on the whole genocide issue, and I certainly do not think anyone should respect them.

Secondly, there is "true and false" - so acting like we can't say "that's bullshit" to someone believing in a lie is not only unproductive, but actively dangerous. Stupidity kills. It is the ignorance of the US citizenry at large which has resulted in hudnreds of thousands of innocent Iraqis being killed.

Thirdly, as Socrates would point out, opinions are not some untouchable enshrinement of imaginative virtue. Opinions are discrete concepts, and as such as subject to criticism of the most intellectual and scientifically rigorous kind. If an opinion is not consistant with Socratic method, if it is not based on objective fact or sound logical reasoning, the opinion is either wrong, or worthless.

There are no two ways about it. No matter how much you'd like to pat people on the back for being able to type out enough words to actually illicit a comprehensible response, it doesn't mean there is any merit in it whatsoever.

As Socrates DID point out, it is the duty of every member of a democratic society to challenge preconceptions with rigorous and clinical scientific thinking to ensure that all the components of a democracy (all members of the society) are working correctly.

A misinformed ignorant voter is like a cancer cell to a democratic nation. Even if they are a benign tumour, they are unwanted and unnecessary. Shielding these people from criticism is NOT helpful to anyone, not even them.

Yours is an argument for stupidity, and I cannot see how you can make a clever argument for stupidity, even if you were both competent enoguh a debater to do so, and had the inclination.
man, this thread got good after i left work....damn.
but i appreciate people (even those who don't care for me) debating in favor of....well....debating.

that is, after all, the primary reason for having a section like this one, is it not?

i, too, must tip my hat to Ace (*shudders*)...
my sentiments exactly....

even if my stances tend to put me at odds with both sides!!
right, D_Raay?

Centrist till I die, bitches!

Quote:
...to stretch your capacity for compassion for other people? Then again, I don't think you value that very highly. Not as highly as telling it like it is.
-----
Qdrop HipHop Mix

Old 01-12-2005, 08:04 AM

Quote:
I'll let them fight it out amongst themselves.
Will you not declare the winner?
Old 01-12-2005, 08:10 AM
you fucking lemmings...

Quote:
What with you saying D_raay is my cheerleader, and Loppfessor saying it is Assman, I am practically ready to turn in my crown as least popular *sensible* poster (that excludes Sisko) on the forum.
No, ASsman is still you're #1 cheerleader.....followed by Whois......

D_Raay will jump on anyones wagon occasionally, when you say something he likes....

then gets fustrated if you don't continue pleasing him.....or *gasp* look at both sides of an argument/debate/issue equally and take the most practical solution.

Quote:
-----
Qdrop HipHop Mix

Old 01-12-2005, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer5.0stang
Will you not declare the winner?
What would Jesus do?
Old 01-12-2005, 08:32 AM

Quote:
What would Jesus do?
Ask him, he is your imaginary friend.
Old 01-12-2005, 08:41 AM

So you are renouncing your Christianity? I am disappointed. I hoped to force you to reconcile a faith based belief structure with observable fact. But, I guess you accepting the inherant unreliability of something that cannot be backed up with fact, and thus disregarding the dogmatic nonsense you have been espousing up to this point is still progress.
Old 01-12-2005, 08:47 AM
Fruit striped gum

For it is written, I will destroy the Wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent. Where is the wise? Where is the disputer of this world? Hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?

For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God

.http://www.deathclock.com/view_pdc.c...b=1/1/1973&s=M
Old 01-12-2005, 08:51 AM

Yeah, good point ill. A God for which there is no evidence for, and thus is not particularly likely to exist (and certainly not in the manner you describe) is going to magically change the world so that the laws which govern the universe in which we live no longer apply. Well, won't all those scientists who have spent their lives studying the world as it *is* feel stupid then, when it all changes.

Unless of course, that deathclock ticks down to 0 before that occurs, in which case you'll still be the dumbass who is wrong. Why not get your deathclock out, and start counting the days. If the world isn't magically changed before you croak it, it'll be you who is the fool.
Old 01-12-2005, 09:07 AM
The Burning Midgets

you people give me headaches.

On a traffic light yellow means yield, and green means go. On a banana, it's just the opposite, yellow means go ahead, green means stop, and red means, where'd the fuck you get that banana?
-Mitch Hedberg

Old 01-12-2005, 09:08 AM
you fucking lemmings...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac D
you people give me headaches.
then you probably shouldn't come to this section anymore.

Quote:
-----
Qdrop HipHop Mix

Old 01-12-2005, 09:09 AM
The Burning Midgets

well i respect your opinion, but this section makes me laugh a lot from all the morons.

On a traffic light yellow means yield, and green means go. On a banana, it's just the opposite, yellow means go ahead, green means stop, and red means, where'd the fuck you get that banana?
-Mitch Hedberg

Old 01-12-2005, 09:18 AM
you fucking lemmings...

Quote:
well i respect your opinion, but this section makes me laugh a lot from all the morons.
yeah.....we're morons.

we could debate you into the ground in a few posts.

if you ain't got nuthin to add to this section.....get to steppin....

if you want to sit on the sidelines and throw rocks occasionally.....go for it, you'll just be torn up....

"YOU AIN'T NEVER BEEN TO THE GENERAL POLITICAL DISCUSSION SECTION, YOU WOULDN'T UNDERSTAND THE GENERAL POLITICAL DISCUSSION SECTION, SO STAY THE FUCK OUT OF THE GENERAL POLITICAL DISCUSSION SECTION!"

Quote:
-----
Qdrop HipHop Mix

Old 01-12-2005, 09:21 AM
Grand Wizard

So you do respect my non-respecting opinion opinion. I mean if you really did, you wouldn't have started this thread. It offends me.

"Any dictator would admire the uniformity and obedience of the U.S. media." - Noam Chomsky

Old 01-12-2005, 09:21 AM
Fruit striped gum

Quote:
Unless of course, that deathclock ticks down to 0 before that occurs, in which case you'll still be the dumbass who is wrong. Why not get your deathclock out, and start counting the days. If the world isn't magically changed before you croak it, it'll be you who is the fool.
To be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord.

http://www.nramemberscouncils.com/lifeclock/

Last edited by 100% ILL : 01-12-2005 at 09:24 AM.
Old 01-12-2005, 09:25 AM
The Burning Midgets

sorry qdrop. i just wanted to say i'm sorry for posting in this forum. i just don't know what i was thinking. you probably could debate me in the ground. i don't care. i shouldn't even be allowed on beastieboys.com when you are on. all hail the king of the beastie boy forums qdrop, for he is the greatest and everything he says is right. i still don't know what i was thinking making a post in a thread i started. plus political discussion is the forum im in the most. what am i thinking? although the reason i don't post is possibly is that i might actually have a life and check out the boards once in awhile and don't live on the board like a moron. hell, the reason ive been posting the past days is because i have half days at school b/c of finals. qdrop i bow down to you. i will come be your servant, but first i must go study for my pre-calc final.

-Mitch Hedberg

Old 01-12-2005, 09:29 AM
Grand Wizard

Actually, I think hes a dumbass. Funny how you think he's not, really says a lot about you. And if you capitalize every first word of a sentence, it really breaks down your thoughts into readable dribble.

"Any dictator would admire the uniformity and obedience of the U.S. media." - Noam Chomsky

Old 01-12-2005, 09:35 AM

Urm, yeah. Unless your Christian belief structure is wrong (and there is no reason to believe it is right).

So, as we have to assume you are wrong (you are unable to give us a single reason to assume it is correct) then your point is moot.

No matter how much you want to pretend that your *personal preference* is somehow indisputable Truth, there is no reason to believe such. And as such, there is not a single reason why anyone should believe you.

I don't see how I can explain this any clearer... Without supportive objective evidence, or a sound logical reasoned argument, your religious basis for arguments in this (political, NOT theological) forum are *superstition* - no more no less.

Your own article on the nature of "truth" and "knowledge" stated that even if your statement is actually correct, unless it is based on rational thinking and factual evidence, you do not *know* it.

As your religious beliefs are not based on the above, then clearly you do not *know* (like I said, according to your OWN post on the matter) what you are talking about, and thus not only should no-one be listening to you, but more importantly, you shouldn't even be posting here.

But then, gross hypocrisy is inherant in fundamentalism, despite them being convinced it is a damnable sin.

You are not going to be "with the lord" when you die, even if your particular beliefs are *coincidentally* correct (and it will be coincidence, not because of any sound judgement on your part) - you are guilty of numerous sins for which you are unrepetant. You'll be roasting in hell with the other idiots who are too stupid to justify their position.

You can't justify yourself to us, you think you can justify yourself to God? Hahahahaha.
Old 01-12-2005, 09:37 AM

Quote:
qdrop i bow down to you. i will come be your servant, but first i must go study for my pre-calc final.
Why not learn how to use the shift key first? It will certainly help with your schoolwork.
Old 01-12-2005, 09:45 AM
you fucking lemmings...

Quote:
sorry qdrop. i just wanted to say i'm sorry for posting in this forum. i just don't know what i was thinking. you probably could debate me in the ground. i don't care. i shouldn't even be allowed on beastieboys.com when you are on. all hail the king of the beastie boy forums qdrop, for he is the greatest and everything he says is right. i still don't know what i was thinking making a post in a thread i started. plus political discussion is the forum im in the most. what am i thinking? although the reason i don't post is possibly is that i might actually have a life and check out the boards once in awhile and don't live on the board like a moron. hell, the reason ive been posting the past days is because i have half days at school b/c of finals. qdrop i bow down to you. i will come be your servant, but first i must go study for my pre-calc final.

well, alright then.

my god, i've become an Ace clone. *gasp*

dude, i'm being somewhat tongue in cheek here.
post what you want, whenever you want.....the fuck do i care.
you reserve that right.
we just reserve the right to rip on you and each other at will.

i just hate it when people from other sections pop on this section and start whining "why do you guys have to argue? why can't we just respect each other...blah blah....unity....blah blah....respect opinion....blah...blah..."

that is monumentally annoying.

the point of this section is discusion and debate.

Quote:
-----
Qdrop HipHop Mix

Last edited by Qdrop : 01-12-2005 at 09:52 AM.
Old 01-12-2005, 09:45 AM
you fucking lemmings...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASsman
Actually, I think hes a dumbass.
you fuckin love me.

Quote:
-----
Qdrop HipHop Mix

Old 01-12-2005, 10:05 AM

Quote:
So you are renouncing your Christianity? I am disappointed. I hoped to force you to reconcile a faith based belief structure with observable fact. But, I guess you accepting the inherant unreliability of something that cannot be backed up with fact, and thus disregarding the dogmatic nonsense you have been espousing up to this point is still progress.
I did not renounce my beliefs. I pointed out the fact that you do not believe in Jesus, there for making him imaginary in your eyes.

In no wise did I state my belief(s).

Your mastery of the English language has escaped you.
Old 01-12-2005, 10:07 AM
Fruit striped gum

Quote:
You are not going to be "with the lord" when you die, even if your particular beliefs are *coincidentally* correct (and it will be coincidence, not because of any sound judgement on your part) - you are guilty of numerous sins for which you are unrepetant. You'll be roasting in hell with the other idiots who are too stupid to justify their position.

You can't justify yourself to us, you think you can justify yourself to God? Hahahahaha.
Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus. Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to decalre his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past

If we confess our sins he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrightousness

For God hath not appointed us unto wrath, but to salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ, who died for us, that, whether we wake or sleep, we should live with him.

http://deathclock.com/view_pdc.cfm?n...=10/6/1973&s=M

http://www.deathclock.com/view_pdc.c...b=1/1/1973&s=M
Old 01-12-2005, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer5.0stang
I did not renounce my beliefs.
I know, I was being facetious. If you weren't such a monumental cretin, you'd've seen what I was doing.

Quote:
I pointed out the fact that you do not believe in Jesus, there for making him imaginary in your eyes
Except, as a Christian, I do believe in Jesus. So, yet again you make wild assumptions which have NO BASIS IN FACT, and end up looking like a fucking tit for getting the wrong end of the stick *AGAIN*

Just because I don't ignorantly pretend that my beliefs are *fact* rather than *faith* - and make the equally ignorant and *wrong* assumption that because I have faith in something it *must* be The Truth, doesn't mean I am not a Christian, or I don't believe in Jesus, God, the Bible, etc.

It just means that I am not an ignorant moron who is incapable of seperating my hopes and personal preferences with *objective fact*.

Quote:
In no wise did I state my belief(s).
We both know I was referring to the Jesus that you believe is depicted as the son of God in the bible, etc etc.

Or are you trying to tell me that you *actually* believed that I have an imaginary mexican friend called "Jesus" who moves my keys around, despite it being you who came up with the imaginary friend hypothesis?

Quote:
Your mastery of the English language has escaped you.
Your inability to understand it is no way indicative of a flaw in my use of it. Just like your inability to understand evolutionary (or any other scientific) theory is no way indicative of a flaw in it.

Really, take a close look at yourself. You are monunmentally stupid. There are so many things that it has been proven that you do not understand, surely there must be a point where you have to accept that the reason it doesn't make sense to you is because YOU ARE TOO STUPID TO GET IT. Not because there is something wrong with *it*.

It isn't even funny... Everytime you say something is so, nearly without exception there is immediate evidence to prove conclusively you are wrong. But no, you don't go "oh, look how stupid I am, perhaps I should shut up." you just keep going.

You don't even know that monkeys have opposable thumbs ffs. Let me guess, it is the rest of the world that is wrong. Hundreds of thousands of photographs of monkeys are all wrong. My memory of seeing monkeys in the zoo is wrong. Everyone who has even seen or read about a monkey ever is wrong, and racerstang, the world's most incompetent moron is yet again magically correct, in the face of total 100% evidence to the contrary.

Really, you don't deserve a voice to be heard, you waste it with lies and drivel.
Old 01-12-2005, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100% ILL
Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus.
No it doesn't, because he does not exist. Sorry, you are wrong. Keep typing, it doesn't change how wrong you are.
Old 01-12-2005, 10:33 AM
you fucking lemmings...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mae
What does being from another section have to do with it?
meaning people who usually hang out on the beasties section or the general discussion sections...places where debate is rare and short winded.....relying mostly on humor and relative good nature. (care bear shit).

this section is very differant....and by design.
you're not gonna find alot of hugs and kisses on this board (except for Assman kissing Ace's ass)...it's mostly debate...and hostile debate at that.
the topic of discussion here is Politics (and religion), which are obviously the hottest of hot buttons.
so others come on this section and are practically shocked at what they see....and proceed to try and spread thier care bear cheer and rodney king pleas (can't we all just get along) and it's really annoying.
i mean....you gotta know what you're getting into.

it's like running into a boxing ring and yelling "hey, why are you guys fighting?...this isn't what i came here for!....can't you just get along"
why the fuck did you go to the boxing match then?

Quote:
It's because Im black isnt it?
see, this is why you rule.

Quote:
-----
Qdrop HipHop Mix