Go Back   Beastie Boys Message Board > Non-Beastie Boys > Beastie-Free General Discussion

Old 09-17-2008, 10:14 PM
slings poo

Quote:
Originally Posted by checkyourprez View Post
Do you find it reckless because the law says it is, or because you feel the action itself is? If the law was 18 here would you have a problem with it?
18 years old in Los Angeles? No fucking way.

You can't even drive alone legally here now until you turn 18.

Too many kids drinking and driving, in LA we don't have good public transportation, you have to drive everywhere.

So I would say the laws that are in place are fine.
Old 09-17-2008, 10:36 PM
give me head till im dead

Default Re: so i want to beat the crap out of one of my friends ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dharma View Post
18 years old in Los Angeles? No fucking way.

You can't even drive alone legally here now until you turn 18.

Too many kids drinking and driving, in LA we don't have good public transportation, you have to drive everywhere.

So I would say the laws that are in place are fine.
Honey, im going to be honest with you. I don't know too many (any) teenage kids that get drunk and use public transportation.

My point though is that if you see it as okay in Europe at 18 because the law says it okay, but here you don't just because the law doesn't say its ok, it is just a bit hypocritical.

Its one thing if you were just worried about your friends welfare, getting in trouble and her facing the consequences. Like you don't want her to loose her job or get in trouble with the law. But the way I see it you are more worried about the girl(s). But if you feel it was okay for Padster to drink in Europe at that age, I don't get why its not okay for these girls to drink here. On a moral level, because that is where I feel you have the problem with it. But the way I'm seeing it, you have the moral dilemma based on what the law says. Which is where I see a lack of justification. Morally one law would have to be right and one would have to be wrong.
Old 09-17-2008, 10:55 PM
slings poo

Quote:
Originally Posted by checkyourprez View Post
Honey, im going to be honest with you. I don't know too many (any) teenage kids that get drunk and use public transportation.

My point though is that if you see it as okay in Europe at 18 because the law says it okay, but here you don't just because the law doesn't say its ok, it is just a bit hypocritical.

Its one thing if you were just worried about your friends welfare, getting in trouble and her facing the consequences. Like you don't want her to loose her job or get in trouble with the law. But the way I see it you are more worried about the girl(s). But if you feel it was okay for Padster to drink in Europe at that age, I don't get why its not okay for these girls to drink here. On a moral level, because that is where I feel you have the problem with it. But the way I'm seeing it, you have the moral dilemma based on what the law says. Which is where I see a lack of justification. Morally one law would have to be right and one would have to be wrong.
I don't really give a shit about others countries, and whatever age limits they have or don't have.

I don't give a shit if Paddy started drinking at age 6, and started snorting blow at age 9.

Were talking about 15 year olds, not 18.

If there were a few beers in the fridge I would of said whatever, but we are talking liquor, not lite beer.

I was put in a situation I wasn't comfortable with and I went with what my heart told me to do. I couldn't just walk away, I still haven't I was supposed to go back to LA tonight and I am still here.

What would you have done?

Its interesting how the 20-24 year olds responses are the same, and those over 25 have pretty much agreed it's not right.
Old 09-17-2008, 11:13 PM
give me head till im dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dharma View Post
I don't really give a shit about others countries, and whatever age limits they have or don't have.

I don't give a shit if Paddy started drinking at age 6, and started snorting blow at age 9.

Were talking about 15 year olds, not 18.

If there were a few beers in the fridge I would of said whatever, but we are talking liquor, not lite beer.

I was put in a situation I wasn't comfortable with and I went with what my heart told me to do. I couldn't just walk away, I still haven't I was supposed to go back to LA tonight and I am still here.

What would you have done?

Its interesting how the 20-24 year olds responses are the same, and those over 25 have pretty much agreed it's not right.

What would I have done? I'm not sure, taking the booze? No. Telling my friend they are getting into some seriously risky behavior? Yes. If you take the liquor and they are seriously committed to what they are doing they just go buy more, and nothing has been accomplished (although you now have a sweet stash yourself). Although who knows, maybe it had an impact and she saw the error of her ways. It's way more difficult being a friend in this situation. If you don't know the person you can just call the cops or look the other way. But here you have a responsibility not only to those girls, but to your friend. That's where I see the bigger problem, she is really risking fucking her shit up. I don't have as big of a problem with 15 year olds drinking hard liquor. (A bit of a problem with some over age tutor type of person giving it to them though)

And I'll attribute the under/over 25 response to the fact that most people under are still partying and can remember that stage of 15 quite well. Plus they don't have as much to loose in life. The overs probably have kids, are more matured (or uptight, depends on who you ask, I'm not saying either or) and have a lot more responsibilities in life.
Old 09-17-2008, 11:28 PM
slings poo

My whole point is the excess of the situation.

Three times a week?
Hard liquor?
they are supposed to be getting tutored, your giving them shots instead?

No. No. No.

If she said it was birthdays, prom or graduation. I would of said whatever .... Been there, its a part of growing up.

Doing shots three nights a week? On school nights?

No. No.
Old 09-18-2008, 06:24 AM
Smart

Arrow Re: so i want to beat the crap out of one of my friends ...

I think you need to chillax. Get the old crackpipe down from the attic and leave those poor kiddies alone.

I'm going off, getting paid and I don't ask why

Old 09-18-2008, 08:26 AM
Basic As Fuck.

yeah just look away and the problem will disappear like a magican in a cloud of weed smoke

-------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Gus
The friendship ended when I wiped my arse on his pillow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pres Zount
I don't really love you! Lyman zerga is on my ignore list, but you don't deserve it, you swine!
-------------------------------------

Old 09-18-2008, 11:28 AM
Smart

Or a magician in a hot spoon of smack.

Old 09-18-2008, 01:51 PM
slings poo

I'm done with this situation, I am leaving Santa Barbara tonight.

Thanks for everyone's input.
Old 09-18-2008, 02:00 PM
Smart

No problem. Let me know if you need anything else, pills, coke etc.