Go Back   Beastie Boys Message Board > Beastie Boys > General Beastie Boys Discussion

Old 03-25-2006, 02:19 PM
*razzle dazzle*

Default Re: Awesome, I Fucking Saw That!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja
I was in the middle at the bottom but I could hear people singing softly and clapping. I was the first on to get the t-shirt from the buzz girls. I was sporting my adidas jacket.
oh yes i remember you, i made a comment about your adidas jacket to my friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkyHiFi
When the 94.5 Buzz girls at our theater were describing the prize giveaway, they said something like "We're giving these shirts and other stuff out for this special presentation by N-Sync of the Awesome I Fuckin Shot That movie". Then they quickly realized what they said since we were all snickering & said the Beastie Boys.

they did that at the marq*E edwards too...what's up with that?

'cause I'm mellow like jell-O, cool like lemonade

Old 03-25-2006, 06:41 PM
Legoland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Documad
Quote:
Originally Posted by King PSYZ
I wonder if they could have 50 alternate angles on a DVD, or if need be on Blu-Ray or HD-DVD so you could watch the whole show from one filmers camera if you wanted or mix your own version of AIFST?
I think that given the cool things they've done with alternate angles before, they could work something special out here. It should be cool.
Once the ThinkFilm page said the dvd would have angle stuff on it just as the Criteron Collection, but I can not find that now...
Old 03-25-2006, 07:24 PM
on probation erm vacation

the radio station i saw at my theater was KROQ it was 2 guys with a box but i didn't bother to see wut they had

your shits weak!.

Old 03-26-2006, 12:03 AM
Johnny Ryall

from the disconnected, not-important information file:

Has anyone noticed that on the website for the movie, the original poster had the video cameras with little R2-D2's on top, but all the posters at the movies had them removed. Is George Lucas really that anal about people using his shit?

equinox symmetry and the balance is right, smokin and drinkin' on a tuesday night.

Old 03-26-2006, 01:59 AM
long burn the fire

Default Re: Awesome, I Fuckin Saw That!

Ahh.. hubby and I enjoyed the film and screening immensely! (I only wished it was louder.) It was great to see the movie surrounded by Beastie heads and have the guys pop in after.

As for the film, too many highlights to mention (a copout, I know).. the music, the fans, the love, all the little humorous touches (Hornblower film included). There's so much to absorb in this dense movie. I foresee a few hours spent with the DVD - I'm glad it's coming out in the summertime when I'll (hopefully) have more time to play.

all I ever really wanna do is get nice

Department of Peace..........................................wwoz

Old 03-26-2006, 02:12 AM
Da Pranksta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadrach

Has anyone noticed that on the website for the movie, the original poster had the video cameras with little R2-D2's on top, but all the posters at the movies had them removed. Is George Lucas really that anal about people using his shit?
Yes he is. I'm suprised they used the Star Wars font.

"The chocolate easter bunny is like crack cocaine to a child."

-Mike D

Old 03-26-2006, 12:52 PM
1% klepto, 99% MANIAC!

fuck i wanted to make a thread with the same exact title!!! (without the "g")

i went with my mom, dad and best friend. i thought the theatre would be empty, like seriously, but i was wrong! it wasn't full but there were some people already there when we arrived so me and my friend sat in the very back, center.

we came in about two minutes late, so i hope i didn't miss anything too awesome! (my dad is such a last minute person ) as expected, my friend talked through most of the movie and asking me who everyone was and whatnot but that didn't ruin the awesome time i had. i was like the only one in the theatre who had the nerve to sing aloud to the songs and clap and cheer i guess! it was so incredible, i loved it and wanted to watch it OVER and OVER again i swear to god. it suuucked that my parents made us leave before the credits were over, i wanted to stay until somebody kicked us out or something.

my parents still make fun of me for dragging them along to see it, but i'm almost positive that the movie had some kind of effect on my "beastie-hating" friend because afterwards she asked me to copy some songs for her. of course i told her that would be hard but i managed somehow to put together 2 cds of songs that i picked out. i'm thinking of making a third one for her too...but hey! i converted somebody! i'm so awesome. no wait. the beastie boys. they're awesome.

i'm not gonna nitpick my favorite parts of the movie or try to describe how AWESOME it was because nothing i say would do it justice (wow that sounded so cliche) but maaan i can't wait for the dvd to come out now! where is it???!! c'mon!

okay that's my longwinded story that nobody's gonna read
it could be longer though. that was just the condensed milk version..so now i'm gonna read everyone else's "experiences" i guess!
Old 03-26-2006, 01:32 PM
1% klepto, 99% MANIAC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtydan11
hey admins this should be a sticky thread
GOOD IDEA!

i'm still on a AIFST high...
Old 03-26-2006, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by King PSYZ
I wonder if they could have 50 alternate angles on a DVD, or if need be on Blu-Ray or HD-DVD so you could watch the whole show from one filmers camera if you wanted or mix your own version of AIFST?
Actually, I asked Alex from ThinkFilm that same question at the screening for the camera operators, and he said they were going to try to do that very thing! My guess it that it wouldn't be all 50, but maybe a few. They were trying to work out the technical details.

BTW, here's a great review of the movie from the NY post, and I happen to be the camera dude quoted...

http://www.nypost.com/entertainment/66026.htm
Old 03-26-2006, 06:10 PM
Rest in Peace Yauch

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzagar
Actually, I asked Alex from ThinkFilm that same question at the screening for the camera operators, and he said they were going to try to do that very thing! My guess it that it wouldn't be all 50, but maybe a few. They were trying to work out the technical details.

BTW, here's a great review of the movie from the NY post, and I happen to be the camera dude quoted...

http://www.nypost.com/entertainment/66026.htm
Thanks for posting. That's a great article.

Thank You Adam Yauch

Old 03-27-2006, 04:12 PM
W58St & Beastie Boys Blvd

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungRemy
did anyone notice the most minor detail...

in between "A Day In The Life..." and AIFST, the Th!nkFilm logo came up, the "!" and the "i" were dotted to the sounds of the Xylophone from "Girls"

Yes!!!!! As soon as I heard that I turned to my boyfriend to explain lol.

aka Shadrock since 1997

Where's my sando?

Old 03-27-2006, 04:44 PM
Banned

shadrach; best movie review ever! - good movies inspire good reviews!
Old 03-28-2006, 04:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaselite
don't forget guys, you've got movie critic reviews here: http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/awes...kin_shot_that/ couple more been added this week, 8 reviews total, none negative so far.

following on from that, the first officially negative review popped up today >_> 6/10, so it's sitting at 90% on the tomato meter. I think it'll stay fresh
Old 03-28-2006, 07:24 AM
tujeche

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungRemy
did anyone notice the most minor detail...

in between "A Day In The Life..." and AIFST, the Th!nkFilm logo came up, the "!" and the "i" were dotted to the sounds of the Xylophone from "Girls"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadbells
Yes!!!!! As soon as I heard that I turned to my boyfriend to explain lol.
I noticed that too. I noticed other little things that, while I was watching, I thought I was sure to remember but in the haze of all of everything on-screen, it all blurred. I have to see it several times. Maybe take notes.

PS: I edited this post and hit the "Go Advanced" button but I have no idea of what that does. I'm probably posting this in every existing thread or something.

Action expresses priorities.
--Gandhi

Last edited by enree erzweglle : 03-28-2006 at 07:26 AM.
Old 03-28-2006, 09:34 AM
NYC Brouhaha Division

ooooh, ooooh, what about the part where Money Mark flies off screen vertically...

Long Burn The Fire. Rest In Peace Adam.

Old 03-30-2006, 10:53 PM

Chuck D saw it : o
Old 03-31-2006, 12:06 AM
just sayin'

^Noice! Chuck's the man!

You guys are killin me with all your wonderful reports on the film. I purchased my tix for tomorrow night! Awesome; I finally get to fuckin' see it! I'm soooo excited I can't stand it.

What Would Yauch Do

Old 03-31-2006, 12:56 AM
Johnny Ryall

Do you really think that was chuck D posting about the movie? I am going to see the movie again saturday in philly, It will be like Deja Vu all over again. Also, has anyone heard any info about how many tickets were sold nationwide for the movie on the 23rd? It would be interesting to see how many people saw the movie.

equinox symmetry and the balance is right, smokin and drinkin' on a tuesday night.

Old 03-31-2006, 03:16 AM

Quote:
Do you really think that was chuck D posting about the movie?
Yeah, I don't think the PE Board would let anyone use the name mistachuck or impersonate Chuck D, plus he's made certain posts with stuff that only Chuck D would know, I think.
Old 04-01-2006, 02:10 AM
just sayin'

Indeed! Awesome; I FINALLY Fuckin' Saw That! It was well, nothing short of awesome.

I'm still high from having seen this... a few things that stand out in my mind -

During Something's Got To Give, I couldn't help but pay special attention to the camera shot involving the bass guitar and remembering that image Yauch treated us to on the Oscilloscope site. this one to be exact Proof that he was, in fact working dilligently on this film when we were all impatiently awaiting it's release.

I especially enjoyed the elevator scene before and after Intergalactic. I don't know why exactly, it was just such an interesting glimpse at the reality of what was happening at that very moment.

Afterwards, seeing them run back into the dressing room and begin to regroup was cool. I was like, oh yeah baby! Now we're post game locker room style! And sure enough, Mike's shirt came off and Horovitz was changing out of his britches! Crazy yo.

Oh! And lol, the clip of Mike dancing in sync with that girl and it was looped and then there was like a beach scene?! WTF! That shit was crazy funny.

I'd just like to take this opportunity to thank all you fabulous camera operators, you truly made this unique and special. I definately felt like this was created for me by fellow fans.

After the movie ended, a guy sitting right behind me said, "I definately have a new appreciation for the Beasties." Sounds as if this film is able to breathe new life into fans of days gone by.

God this was great! I cannot wait to see it again. (and again and again and again... ) Yet another masterpiece given to the world via the genius that is, Nathaniel Hornblower.

What Would Yauch Do

Old 04-01-2006, 02:35 AM
Johnny Ryall

the best quote from the movie is at the end when the girl is being filmed and I think she is asked what did you think about the show, and she just starts dancing and going buck wild. then she goes, "you need words? that's bullshit". I don't think that there is a better quote in all the

Old 04-01-2006, 11:09 AM
for your health

I can't to see it on dvd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echewta View Post
I've never been nor do I ever want to go to a party where dude takes his shirt off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DipDipDive View Post
I'm known to compliment a nice beard and I definitely have boobs and a vagina.

Old 04-01-2006, 10:27 PM
Rest in Peace Yauch

One lonely Beastie I be...in Evanston.

Thank You Adam Yauch

Old 04-02-2006, 03:43 PM
Stone cold rhymin'

there was some great footage. afterwards i asked for a poster. they wouldnt give me one though.

I guess you'd expect to catch the crew rhymin.

Old 04-02-2006, 05:21 PM
FEVER RECORDS

Quote:

I take it you never heard of "LUKE & THE 2 LIVE CREW"?

they used to be called "LUKE SKYWALKER & THE 2 LIVE CREW".

Lucas sent them a "cease & desist" letter. Probably did the same with the Beasties.

catch the FEVER! Get Fever t-shirts just like the ones the BEASTIE BOYS wore on the VH1 HIP HOP HONOR 2006 AWARDS!! www.FEVERRECORDS.com

Old 04-09-2006, 06:30 PM
NYC Brouhaha Division

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennygirl

During Something's Got To Give, I couldn't help but pay special attention to the camera shot involving the bass guitar and remembering that image Yauch treated us to on the Oscilloscope site. this one to be exact Proof that he was, in fact working dilligently on this film when we were all impatiently awaiting it's release.
i never thought of that pic before you mentioned it, great observation...

"The Scope is putting shit together.
Fools are walking around in lab coats over here. And that’s for real."

Long Burn The Fire. Rest In Peace Adam.

Old 04-09-2006, 06:49 PM
fiend

when will it be out on dvd?
Old 04-09-2006, 07:36 PM
say whaaa?

July 25th.

you gotta taste this soup

Old 04-09-2006, 08:50 PM
Johnny Ryall

Quote:
Originally Posted by KENNY GUIDO
I take it you never heard of "LUKE & THE 2 LIVE CREW"?

they used to be called "LUKE SKYWALKER & THE 2 LIVE CREW".

Lucas sent them a "cease & desist" letter. Probably did the same with the Beasties.
I knew about (and have their TAPES, not CD's) 2 live crew, but that was a little different. The beasties (or who ever designed the poster) just added a little blue and white dome on the cameras, It's not like they called the movie "Return of the Jedi" or something. That's a shame if they really got a cease and desist order. takes Lucas down a notch in my book. I can see why he did that with 2 live crew, but a poster? c'mon man, ease up. (and I am a huge star wars fan too, got my own stormtrooper armor to prove it).

Old 04-20-2006, 07:42 AM

I went with my mom (sadly) haha she was singing and movin' her head. I thought people should have gotten up and sang along and danced like the concert. That would have been really cool, but instead, everyone was very boring. I liked the idea of having multiple cameras film the concert. Very cool.