Default Re: occupy wall street

why yes it would be - and yes we know he was a Democrat

doesn't change the fact that this is business as usual

Just because you have one doesn't mean you have to be one

Old 10-31-2011, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planetary View Post
The way some of you are talking about this make it sound as if it's only happening on wall st. It's a protest against corporate greed, not the mis-treatment of americans.
can you define corporate greed? i mean are you wanting a some type of regulations put into place to limit how much profit a corporation can earn? and after that, then what? how much individuals can make? and then, how do you decide how much to reward for different levels of hard work and investment? and is corporate greed based on pure amount of profits, or profit margins, or ROI?

and when are protesting, are you protesting the actual corporations or the shareholders who are the real owners of the corporation.
thanks!

On August 10, 1944, Red Barrett of the Boston Braves pitched a complete game against the Reds with only 58 pitches.

Last edited by valvano : 10-31-2011 at 07:45 PM.
Old 10-31-2011, 07:32 PM
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turchinator View Post

to me, they are barking up the wrong tree. camping out on Wall Street or LA City Hall to rally against anything and everything possible just wont do it.
How many wall street protesters does it take to change a lightbulb? None, they can't change anything...... Get it?

Have any of you been down there? Its kind of a freak show. Here's a video starring some nice young woman, this made me laugh.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WBLnj2iTqw

Old 10-31-2011, 07:43 PM
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir SkratchaLot View Post
Look people, this "occupy wall street" is not an attack you meager conservatives. You will never be rich, you have no power, and you never will. You just think you will, which is kind of sad. You make the false assumption that the ultra-rich actually worked hard to gain their money, and that they did it fair and square, which is just naïve.
No but its more likely that I go from lower middle class to upper middle class.... cut out the "first in my family to get a degree" part of my story cause that means shit. I have the opportunity to grow a small business to a medium size business. To live well off, but not have my kids ride around in bentley's and ferraris. Who the fuck thinks they are going from dirtpoor to billionaire status... unless if your a pro athlete or a rapper. But for your sake, we'll ignore those people for you right now.

Old 10-31-2011, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiser soze View Post
why yes it would be - and yes we know he was a Democrat

doesn't change the fact that this is business as usual
unfortunately, this too is getting to be business as usual for the Obama administration, another failed green energy firm propped up by the US taxpayers

http://thehill.com/blogs/e2-wire/e2-...-goes-bankrupt

On August 10, 1944, Red Barrett of the Boston Braves pitched a complete game against the Reds with only 58 pitches.

Old 10-31-2011, 09:38 PM
MCA 1964 - 2012

and this is one of the reasons OWS exist

so where are you sitting on the fence?

Old 11-01-2011, 05:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiser soze View Post
and this is one of the reasons OWS exist

so where are you sitting on the fence?
then why isnt it named Occupy White House? 99.9% fo the problems OWS are protesting comes straight from govt policy.

Old 11-01-2011, 09:26 AM

Arrow Re: occupy wall street

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnout18 View Post
Quote:
Look people, this "occupy wall street" is not an attack you meager conservatives. You will never be rich, you have no power, and you never will. You just think you will, which is kind of sad. You make the false assumption that the ultra-rich actually worked hard to gain their money, and that they did it fair and square, which is just naïve.

The real story of the ant and the grasshopper is that the ant works super hard and he ends up in the same spot as the stupid grasshopper because the WASP came along, sold him false promises, and bled him dry. The ant was too doped up on dreams to realize that he's just an ant, that he could never really be a WASP, and that the WASP made all the rules to benefit the WASPs. The ant didn't want to hate the WASP, because he wanted to be a WASP, therefore, he took out all of his anger on the grasshopper, who was really no danger to him at all.
No but its more likely that I go from lower middle class to upper middle class.... cut out the "first in my family to get a degree" part of my story cause that means shit. I have the opportunity to grow a small business to a medium size business. To live well off, but not have my kids ride around in bentley's and ferraris. Who the fuck thinks they are going from dirtpoor to billionaire status... unless if your a pro athlete or a rapper. But for your sake, we'll ignore those people for you right now.
Is it more likely? That's the thing. That's what you'd like to happen, but the truth is that the gap between rich and poor is widening, not narrowing. The number of true "middle class" workers is getting smaller and smaller, while the ultra rich are getting richer and richer. It's no coincidence that the ultra-rich control the lobbies, and control the politicians to a large extent. Yet lower middle class conservatives somehow see "occupy wall street" movement as an attack on them.

You've got working poor conservatives and working poor liberals attacking each other while the ultra rich continue to rake in cash because they have learned how to manupulate the system to their advantage.
Old 11-01-2011, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Is it more likely? That's the thing. That's what you'd like to happen, but the truth is that the gap between rich and poor is widening, not narrowing. The number of true "middle class" workers is getting smaller and smaller, while the ultra rich are getting richer and richer. It's no coincidence that the ultra-rich control the lobbies, and control the politicians to a large extent. Yet lower middle class conservatives somehow see "occupy wall street" movement as an attack on them.

You've got working poor conservatives and working poor liberals attacking each other while the ultra rich continue to rake in cash because they have learned how to manupulate the system to their advantage.
what's the problem with people growing their wealth? should MLB have told the Yankees back in the 1960s that they didnt need to win any more titles?

Are you mandating a cap at which an individual can earn money or grown the money they have already earned? What's preventing you from reaching your fullest potential?

I thought America was the land of open opportunity, not capped opportunity.

Old 11-01-2011, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by valvano View Post
what's the problem with people growing their wealth? should MLB have told the Yankees back in the 1960s that they didnt need to win any more titles?

Are you mandating a cap at which an individual can earn money or grown the money they have already earned? What's preventing you from reaching your fullest potential?

Were in my post did you read that I was "mandating" a cap on earning?

I think I see where you're going with this putting words in other people's mouths thing though. Do you want to give rich people an unfair advantage? Should some major league players be allowed to take steroids so that they can win all the titles, while depriving other players of steroids? That's unamerican! You're advocating that we give drugs to little baseball playing kids so that you can rape them! You rapist!
Old 11-01-2011, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Were in my post did you read that I was "mandating" a cap on earning?

I think I see where you're going with this putting words in other people's mouths thing though. Do you want to give rich people an unfair advantage? Should some major league players be allowed to take steroids so that they can win all the titles, while depriving other players of steroids? That's unamerican! You're advocating that we give drugs to little baseball playing kids so that you can rape them! You rapist!
you seem to be critical of the ultra rich getting richer? that was the point of you ranting and whining above?

Old 11-01-2011, 01:17 PM

Quote:
you seem to be critical of the ultra rich getting richer? that was the point of you ranting and whining above?
Do you know what words mean?
Old 11-01-2011, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Do you know what words mean?

do you know how things work in the real world, not in some classroom taught buy an ex hippy econ professor?

Old 11-01-2011, 03:17 PM
Peace & Love

Quote:

Is it? Really is that what you were thinking? Millions of families are not being given that opportunity. Do you really expect the corporate structure to invest in the American dream? They've outsourced packaging, production, resources and materials. As if that isn't enough the banks and insurance companies lied to Americans about the ratings and values of their homes and mortgages.

You would have to be oblivious to not notice the sea change in this Country and the root causes. Even more oblivious to not notice the real causes of why your own families opportunity is capped.

That is why every major city has Occupy Wall Street currently.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YXKLqVCz8SA
I'm going dowwwwwn
[/url]

Old 11-01-2011, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeahwho View Post
Is it? Really is that what you were thinking? Millions of families are not being given that opportunity. Do you really expect the corporate structure to invest in the American dream? They've outsourced packaging, production, resources and materials. As if that isn't enough the banks and insurance companies lied to Americans about the ratings and values of their homes and mortgages.

You would have to be oblivious to not notice the sea change in this Country and the root causes. Even more oblivious to not notice the real causes of why your own families opportunity is capped.

That is why every major city has Occupy Wall Street currently.
so corporate america wants to keep you poor so you can't afford to buy their products?

car salesman lie every day, do we need to have an Occupy Detroit?

please tell me how corporate america has held you back.

as far as investing in the american dream. with the numerous layers of govt beaucracy, environmental laws, outdated labor laws (meaning they have not been updated to reflect the modern economy) high taxes, capital gains taxes, pending obamacare, the growing american deficit, the dumbing down of american kids by union controlled govt run education..... is it any wonder many US companies are outsourcing ? we are in a global economy today. its not the 1950s anymore. things have changed. get with the program or get left behind.

but I like the OWS mindset better. lets tear the rich down to the level of the poor instead of maybe encouraging the poor to advance on their own. but no, its in the govts and liberals best interest to keep the poor down, its one of their biggest voting blocks.

funny thing. the poor and minorities vote democrat year after year after year...hasnt gotten them very far based on OWS...

BTW, OWS needs to nominate this guy into a leadership position. hey's got the OWS playbook down pretty good. panhandle and when you get nothing, throw a raging fit against your corporate enemy

http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2011/...arbucks-store/

Last edited by valvano : 11-01-2011 at 04:54 PM.
Old 11-01-2011, 05:28 PM

Quote:
do you know how things work in the real world, not in some classroom taught buy an ex hippy econ professor?
Yes, in the real world I see people like you lose their homes and businesses every day by no fault of their own. When things were going well for them, it would not be uncommon for many of these people to to be very oppinionated about the lazy unemployed, union workers, etc. Then, a little later, when everything comes crumbling down, that attitude changes quickly and it's all very sad, embarassing, and eye opening for them.

I'm sure you'd love to find some way to pin it all on Obama though. I can't really blame you. The world is a complex and terrifying place and sometimes there's comfort in having one symbol of everything that scares you to blame everything on. Keep on living that dream though!
Old 11-01-2011, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Yes, in the real world I see people like you lose their homes and businesses every day by no fault of their own. When things were going well for them, it would not be uncommon for many of these people to to be very oppinionated about the lazy unemployed, union workers, etc. Then, a little later, when everything comes crumbling down, that attitude changes quickly and it's all very sad, embarassing, and eye opening for them.

I'm sure you'd love to find some way to pin it all on Obama though. I can't really blame you. The world is a complex and terrifying place and sometimes there's comfort in having one symbol of everything that scares you to blame everything on. Keep on living that dream though!
life is tough. you want a society with all winners and no losers. aint gonna happen.

Old 11-02-2011, 01:54 AM
Peace & Love

Quote:
so corporate america wants to keep you poor so you can't afford to buy their products?

car salesman lie every day, do we need to have an Occupy Detroit?

please tell me how corporate america has held you back.

as far as investing in the american dream. with the numerous layers of govt beaucracy, environmental laws, outdated labor laws (meaning they have not been updated to reflect the modern economy) high taxes, capital gains taxes, pending obamacare, the growing american deficit, the dumbing down of american kids by union controlled govt run education..... is it any wonder many US companies are outsourcing ? we are in a global economy today. its not the 1950s anymore. things have changed. get with the program or get left behind.

but I like the OWS mindset better. lets tear the rich down to the level of the poor instead of maybe encouraging the poor to advance on their own. but no, its in the govts and liberals best interest to keep the poor down, its one of their biggest voting blocks.

funny thing. the poor and minorities vote democrat year after year after year...hasnt gotten them very far based on OWS...

BTW, OWS needs to nominate this guy into a leadership position. hey's got the OWS playbook down pretty good. panhandle and when you get nothing, throw a raging fit against your corporate enemy

http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2011/...arbucks-store/
What a muddled response. Occupy Wall Street has really struck a chord with you.

You may as well keep thinking Corporate America (lol) is your buddy and stick up for them as best you can. With sharpies like you Occupy Wall Street will prosper greatly.

I have never had much of a problem with used car salesmen, in fact I'm pretty sure my car(s) are nicer than yours. One of them is actually from Detroit and 50 years old.

Government and liberals? This current administration is to the right of Reagan? WTF. We are living in a state of reduced taxes leftover from Bush. Government (Bush Years) did not regulate, prosecute or even flinch when a gun was put to their heads asking for a bailout.To this day our representatives still abet those who lied about the value and rating of the most important purchase each citizen of this country makes, their homes.

I could type it again, but you just don't get it... Occupy Wall Street is not a democrat, it is not a republican, it is a cross section you seem to have a hard time catergorizing. Which is excellent! Because while you try and define they make slow but steady progress keeping the dialouge alive about the ever growing 2 class society here in America.

Cheers!

I'm going dowwwwwn
[/url]

Old 11-02-2011, 05:48 AM

Quote:
life is tough. you want a society with all winners and no losers. aint gonna happen.
It's no wonder you're so scared and confused. You have a hard time dealing with the grey areas. Once you've had a chance to experience the real world, you may realize that everything is not black and white. Every news item does not need to be catorgoized into republican vs. democrat. People who you fundamentally dissagree with can make valid points. You don't have to try to pigeonhole everything into good and evil. Nobody is out to get you. People with money just have a built in incentive to do everything in their power to maintain their wealth. That makes perfect sense. To some though, that means they will bend the rules, break the rules, or pay people to make new rules that benefit them. Stacking the deck is not the same thing as the American Dream. It's when people feel that they've been unfairly beaten that the problem arises. Regardless of what you'd like to think to justify your opinion, a lot of these people are not lazy grasshoppers.
Old 11-03-2011, 01:37 PM
just here for the .gifs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mil Mascaras View Post
This is exactly what this whole Occupy movement is about, blaming others for your own mistakes.
No, I'm saying that predatory lending is wrong. I didn't have the means to pay back $5000, and they knew it, yet gave me the line of credit anyway. because they want to take people for a ride, to rack up interest and fees. I take responsibility for my overspending in my youth and all my debts are current now. I just think it was wrong that the opportunity was there in the first place, but I take responsibility for taking the bait. People haven't always used credit in such volume, you know? It's a game, loans and credit, constantly prodding people to spend more and take on more debt. It's a game that ruins people's lives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobMoney$ View Post
Every paragraph of Dorothy's "stream of conciousness" post began with "I"...It speaks volumes.

Me, Me, Me!
fuck off, if you'd actually read what I said, I wasn't blaming anyone. Besides, you're the goddamn mascot for selfishness and excess consumption. But you know, as long as you're living well, who cares about anything else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebasser View Post
So wait, this guy is driving around in his jeep with his cat and his television in the back and he's got his favourite music blaring away and... I think I've missed the point.

Old 11-07-2011, 08:07 PM
The Dude minds

THANKS!

Got 99 problems and they all bitches

Old 11-15-2011, 01:23 AM
Peace & Love

Triumph the Insult Comic Dog visits Occupy Wall Street

I'm going dowwwwwn
[/url]

Old 11-17-2011, 07:23 PM
USA

So after accomplishing nothing but polluting a park, these wanna-be revolutionaries decided they were going to try and physically shut down wall street. What a disgrace, the police cant arrest enough of you. You have no right to block roads, no right to prevent ppl from going to work. It's not just the brokers and bankers, but the building maintenance workers, middle class support staff, people living pay check to paycheck had trouble getting to work. Why? Why is OWS doing this? No logical reason.

Again, nothing accomplished. Actually. Wait. People who work downtown had to walk around downtown showing their ID cards all day to police and security guards. So there you go, occupy wall street is helping NYC to become a police state. Thanks for nothing!

The police have shown incredible restraint, I'm now hoping it rains mace.

Old 11-17-2011, 09:15 PM
Shake your RuMp...ahhh!

And lots of soap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorothy Wood View Post
.....I'm being self-righteous. because I am totally righteous .....

Old 11-19-2011, 04:35 PM
MCA 1964 - 2012

Quote:

incredible restraint - hahaha!

more like the protestors have shown incredible restraint against police brutality.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AdDLhPwpp4

Old 11-20-2011, 07:19 AM
MCA 1964 - 2012

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1HdK...ayer_embedded#!

SUCH incredible restraint

Old 11-20-2011, 09:36 AM
USA

Shoulda Moved! Simple enough! what right do any these protesters have to prevent people from getting to class or getting to work?

It's borderline pathetic that certain protesters are trying to hard to make themselves martyrs. Seriously.

How about the kid who was hitting cops with batteries and tried to knock an officers hat off his head, or the woman who was spraying cops with a vinegar based liquid?

Real peaceful this movement is

Old 11-21-2011, 05:42 AM

Quote:
Well said
Old 11-21-2011, 09:58 AM
Peace & Love

Be honest with yourself, people. If you saw young people protesting against unfair economic conditions in another country, and then saw them treated the way they have been here -- you'd call it for what it is -- police brutality. But you can't bring yourself to do it here.

I'm going dowwwwwn
[/url]

Old 11-21-2011, 10:25 AM

protests spawn police brutality, that seems like a whole other issue next to corporate and economic climates in America.

block the traffic all you want, you will be asked to move and in some cases, police will break procedures to remove you.

NYPD, Oakland, UC Davis police, they will all review their tactics, but how will this make any difference for the OWS movement?

do you think the chancellor will go back and change the tuition hike?

LAPD had an example last week where they peacefully arrested the peaceful protestors after clearing their camp downtown.

well, now what?