Old 12-09-2004, 10:45 AM
Muff moomin

Default Re: Wembley Review - Sort of!

oh right,
i didn't get my tickets through pre-sale though
Old 12-09-2004, 10:48 AM
micky4fingaz

Thumbs up Re: Wembley Review - Sort of!

TOP NIGHT!!ITS A SHAME TALIB KWELI HAD TO PERFORM TO (AT THE TIME!) A FLAT AUDIENCE,COS TALIB CAN RAP!!! BUT THEN AGAIN NOT ALL BEASTIE FANS ARE STRAIGHT HIP HOP HEADS AND HAVE MAYBE NEVER HEARD OF HIM??? I WAS KINDA IN A DREAMLIKE STATE SEEING THE BEASTIE BOYS LIVE FOR THE FIRST TIME AND SO CLOSE!! AND COULDN'T PUT THE CAMERA DOWN (SORRY NOT EVERY PIC IS QUALITY, STILL PLAYING WITH SETTINGS!) BUT I ALSO HAVE A FEW 15 SEC MOVIE CLIPS WHICH I WILL ADD ASAP....ONCE I HAVE WORKED OUT HOW! (ANY SUGGESTIONS???) MIXMASTERMIKE WAS AMAZING...ALONG WITH THE REST OF THE CREW. MY ONLY NEGATIVE COMMENT IS THE ARENAS POOR SOUND, I SHOULD HAVE LEARNT FROM JAY Z GIG,BUT HOW COULD I MISS BEASTIES N TALIB!!! BRING IT TO BRIXTON NEXT TIME.......

Last edited by micky4fingaz : 12-09-2004 at 10:57 AM.
Old 12-09-2004, 10:55 AM
watcha want!?!

I couldnt really get any decent photo's on my phone, the lights behind the boys were too bright even with the contrast turned right down, got a few good ones in their orange gear with the green strip lights behind them though!

If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made of meat!?

Old 12-09-2004, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by micky4fingaz
TOP NIGHT!!ITS A SHAME TALIB KWELI HAD TO PERFORM TO (AT THE TIME!) A FLAT AUDIENCE,COS TALIB CAN RAP!!! BUT THEN AGAIN NOT ALL BEASTIE FANS ARE STRAIGHT HIP HOP HEADS AND HAVE MAYBE NEVER HEARD OF HIM??? I WAS KINDA IN A DREAMLIKE STATE SEEING THE BEASTIE BOYS LIVE FOR THE FIRST TIME AND SO CLOSE!! AND COULDN'T PUT THE CAMERA DOWN (SORRY NOT EVERY PIC IS QUALITY, STILL PLAYING WITH SETTINGS!) BUT I ALSO HAVE A FEW 15 SEC MOVIE CLIPS WHICH I WILL ADD ASAP....ONCE I HAVE WORKED OUT HOW! (ANY SUGGESTIONS???) MIXMASTERMIKE WAS AMAZING...ALONG WITH THE REST OF THE CREW. MY ONLY NEGATIVE COMMENT IS THE ARENAS POOR SOUND, I SHOULD HAVE LEARNT FROM JAY Z GIG,BUT HOW COULD I MISS BEASTIES N TALIB!!! BRING IT TO BRIXTON NEXT TIME.......
the link dont work man! make it work! heh heh

ahiiiiiiiiii'm doin alright cos Ad-rock said he'll take care of me :)

Old 12-09-2004, 11:02 AM
watcha want!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophie025
the link dont work man! make it work! heh heh
...thought it was just my shite works computer!

If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made of meat!?

Old 12-09-2004, 11:20 AM
Dear New York

Im only 5" 9" so as Ad-rock came up to us I was looking up his t-shirt!!!..lol....as for Peter clamp..about 6" 5" so he could get a more of a level pic...lol.......

www.musicfanclubs.org/beastieboys

If I had a car it would be a cadalac, Rockin on the mic, I'm not the wacky wack!

The name Praying Mantis

No problem with cameras unless you had a pro looking one (or pro looking to the untrained eye of security, ask Damaja about that one!), I guess they figure that most people are so far back that a pocket camera wont take decent pics...however we were virtually on the stage with the Beasties so hence the reasonable pics! Miramanee, Prodigy, really!! They are ok but instead of a 1 tour every 6 years Beastie concert!
Still, James B mentioned you when I spoke to him, said he saw you at Manchester I think!
I do have some more onstage pics i've not yet posted, I will try and get them up soon!

Pete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miramanee
I am the worst Beastie Boys fan ever. Instead of going to the London concert as I meant to do, I attended a different concert. I'm the worst fan because of who it was that I saw. Umm...err...it was The Prodigy. My friend really wanted to go to the show, so I went for him. I must confess that The Prodigy put on a fine show.

I was obnoxiously dressed in Beastie Boys apparel to make up for the indiscretion of being there instead of the Beastie Boys' show.

It sounds like I missed a good show in London. Yay for Timmie and Peterclamp! Thanks for posting the pics, guys. No one hassled you about having a camera? Earl must have been sleeping. Tisk-tisk. Timmie's photos labeled mmm14.jpg and mmm15.jpg make Horovitz look like he can fly. Superadrock. Funny...

Hey! For Europe, they should be wearing the names of comic book characters on their t-shirts instead of the names of games. That would be fun.

Great pics, Peterclamp! Especially the one labeled CNV00013.jpg.
4thbeastieboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupid
I know it was really great, best gig ive been to. I think it was made better for me as me and my mates got dressed up. The pagent tour is a genius idea shame more didn't dress up.
I'm determined to get on the screen with my tutu in milan

feeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beckalina
why did you get seats, didn't you fancy standing?
I've got a story like venus's; I bought through presale and all the standing were gone so I got seats. At first I was a bit disappointed but on the night me and my mates were actually quite glad to have a place to put or stuff down and sit down for a few seconds now and again. (We're old, what can I say LOL - I've put in my time at the front of many stages; it's someone else's turn now!)

My poor husband is so gutted to have missed this. I talked to him on the phone yesterday night for the first time since the show and he sounded so sad Stupid business trip. He tried so hard to get it rescheduled, but no.
Old 12-09-2004, 11:27 AM
woooooo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shazam_21
I'm determined to get on the screen with my tutu in milan
did u dress up at wembley
Old 12-09-2004, 11:34 AM
4thbeastieboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupid
did u dress up at wembley
no, and i wish i had now, i wore beasties t-shirt and jeans, so boring! I'm sorting out my attire now for milan, i don't care how stupid i look!

Old 12-09-2004, 11:52 AM
Dear New York

I have a ton of pics still to put up here!! of the boys on stage!!

If I had a car it would be a cadalac, Rockin on the mic, I'm not the wacky wack!

Old 12-09-2004, 11:54 AM
Dear New York

I know if you want to see the pics!! just PM me & I'll email you the pics....As I dont have a great deal of time to put them up here! I will however start putting them up on my site in a few days....but in the meantime just give us a holla!!

Old 12-09-2004, 12:02 PM
4thbeastieboy

ok, so the tutu was a hideous idea, you seen the price of a new one?! so my thoughts are now trained towards santa outfit, a priest or maybe a sailor in all white tropics?

Old 12-09-2004, 12:03 PM
woooooo

all are cool ideas you could make a tutu yourself its not that hard
Old 12-09-2004, 12:07 PM
Muff moomin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shazam_21
ok, so the tutu was a hideous idea, you seen the price of a new one?! so my thoughts are now trained towards santa outfit, a priest or maybe a sailor in all white tropics?
hey stupid was a fairy at the wembley gig, and she left her tutu at my house, i'd be willing to let you borrow it, as long as stupid don't find out
Old 12-09-2004, 02:26 PM

pageant pit huh? hmmm.. eventhough I was in the cheap seats,( corner rear upper tier..waaaayyy back) I had a SPANKIN good time myself.
I could see the beasties real well too from where I was, much too my surprise..everybody in my block was standing, dancin',havin' a ball..oddly enough it felt as though I was the only one spitting beastie boys lyrics..weird. new fans maybe?How could anyone not know paul revere?? I was hoping they'd play posse in effect, but they made it up more than enough wit the new style..i felt the show was really short even tho it lasted for more than 90 minutes..but it was a friggin goood 90 minutes.
I was completely floored when they did the encore with intergalactic.. at the seating area sooo close to my block! Now why cant they climb the stairs to get to where i was at?
talib, mixmaster mike,adam,adam and mike.top notch.
Old 12-09-2004, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miramanee
I am the worst Beastie Boys fan ever. Instead of going to the London concert as I meant to do, I attended a different concert. I'm the worst fan because of who it was that I saw. Umm...err...it was The Prodigy. My friend really wanted to go to the show, so I went for him. I must confess that The Prodigy put on a fine show.

I was obnoxiously dressed in Beastie Boys apparel to make up for the indiscretion of being there instead of the Beastie Boys' show.

It sounds like I missed a good show in London. Yay for Timmie and Peterclamp! Thanks for posting the pics, guys. No one hassled you about having a camera? Earl must have been sleeping. Tisk-tisk. Timmie's photos labeled mmm14.jpg and mmm15.jpg make Horovitz look like he can fly. Superadrock. Funny...

Hey! For Europe, they should be wearing the names of comic book characters on their t-shirts instead of the names of games. That would be fun.

Great pics, Peterclamp! Especially the one labeled CNV00013.jpg.
nah the Prodigy are awesome live. they're probably the only band i'd consider seeing instead of the beastie boys, although i'd probs go with the beasties instead. then again that's only cos wembley was my first show. but regarding the Prodigy I very muh doubt anyone on this board could watch them play live for real and slag them off afterwards.

thinking about the concert, well just so much amazing shit went on, i loved every bit of it, it was hard to take it all in and i wish i could see them every night. but i can't believe the beasties have been doing this all along this tour, throughout the last 20 years even! i didn't think i could respect and love them anymore (built up over the last 5 years, since I was 10) but i totally do.

thanks beasties for such an awesome night!! it's a bit of a omedown being at skool so soon after though!
Old 12-10-2004, 01:07 PM

Yeh u gotta dress up... that nasa hat was the best 12.99 ive ever spent
Old 12-10-2004, 04:53 PM

hey i've got a couple of pics from the stands that came out quite well, i feel like sharing them cos you get an ace view of the crowd on a couple of them.

i'm not really sure how to go about putting them up though, as I don't have my own site or anything. any ideas?

sorry if i sound a little stupid, my expericance as far as getting pics over the net is very limited!
Old 12-10-2004, 04:59 PM
Dear New York

send the pics to mather_tim at hotmail.com I'll post them for you

Old 12-10-2004, 05:12 PM
Meddles

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmie

Yeah, quick. Send 'em to timmie. I want to see them, and help send this thread into it's 6th page!

ICA - May 15th 2004
Wembley Arena - Dec 7th 2004
Rock Werchter - June 28th 2007
Wembley Stadium - July 7th 2007
Brixton - Sep 4th 2007
Brixton - Sep 5th 2007
Roundhouse - Sep 6th 2007

Old 12-10-2004, 08:39 PM
Dear New York

Neil!

You need to PM me if you would like more pics with your email addy

Old 12-11-2004, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmie
cheers man, i'll try and send them tonite. they're not like amazing quality, and the boys do look like ants, but kinda nice all the same.
Old 12-11-2004, 06:23 AM
Dee Dee

People can PM me if they want to see a short, yet very cool, vid of the Bboys running on stage at Wembley. I was right next to them. I could smell Mike D's cologne. Not great.

The vid quality is not the best, I took it with my phone, but still......

Woo-hoo!..6 pages, good work people.

Precisely how many pickles can a pickle man pickle if a pickle man pickle pickle pickle pickle?

Old 12-11-2004, 07:23 AM
don't bother diallin'

Stumbled across a review of the Wembley show on the XFM site:

Quote:
Originally Posted by http://www.xfm.co.uk/Article.asp?id=57573
Beastie Boys, Wembley Arena, December 7 2004

Boom! Boom! Shake the flats! Much respec' for the breakbeat, urban, underground straight outta da hood sound of three greying thirtysomething millionaires playing an aircraft hanger sized arena. But even though The Beasties might not care about the bills anymore, they've still got the skills to pay them...

When the Beastie Boys made their first assault on the UK 18 years ago, there was apparently discussion in Parliament about whether they should be allowed in the country, such was the notoriety of their live shows, famed for inflatable penises and rioting punters. There’s neither comedy genitalia nor riots tonight, but numerous young professionals in spacesuits. For these days, the B-Boys are hip hop’s cuddly old uncle with a past he’d rather not talk about.

But they’re uncles who still love to paaaaar-teeeee! with a catalogue of anthems which could induce involuntary head-banging and air-punching in the comatose. Age sinks into irrelevance when you realise they’re far cooler than anyone else here. Ad Rock purposely fluffs lines and grins widely at his partners’ efforts to keep it together. Gravel-throated MCA remains largely in the background whilst Mike D is as wide-eyed and jittery as he was in ’87.

But in truth, its Mixmaster Mike’s world, the three MCs only live in it. For he has charisma enough to fill this enormodome alone - a virtuoso who transposes fresh cuts from deep funk, electro and instrumental oddities into well-loved tunes, making them EVEN FUCKING BETTER. He even flicks into the Beasties’ inter-song banter with wryly-chosen samples, like the immortal ‘If it’s going to be that kind of a party, I’m going to stick my dick in the mashed potatoes’.

The Beastie Boys have been at least four bands in their lifetime, so it’s only fair that we get them all tonight. Band Three, resplendent in 70’s tuxedos, comes ferried in on a tasteful mini-stage complete with twinkling lights. As wedding bands go, they’re funky. Ad Rock rocks as a lead singer, but depends too much on the pedal named Wah Wah to be taken seriously as a guitarist. But MCA is impressive, even taking on a double bass for a cleansing ‘Sarbrosa’.

They show less respect for “caveman” (MCA’s words) songs like ‘Brass Monkey’, which don’t bear up as well as the new old skool of ‘Triple Trouble’. Even so, when scrawny feminist Mike D claims “I get respect, you’re cash and jewellery is what I expect”, the irony is delicious.

‘Egg Man’, ‘Body Moving’, ‘So Wat’cha Want’, ‘Intergalactic’, ‘Gratitude’… mosh-inducing rap-missiles every one. And closing with a scruffy-yet-with-feeling ‘Sabotage’ (dedicated to George W. Bush), the sight of Money Mark doing handstands on his keyboard is worth the entry fee alone.

So no ‘Fight For Your Right’ and no riots, but still the greatest paaaaar-teeeee going.
Bit patronising and cynical in my opinion, but thought I'd stick it in here anyways.
Old 12-11-2004, 08:29 AM
when laces were pphat....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moorish

Bit patronising and cynical in my opinion, but thought I'd stick it in here anyways.
that reveiw reminds me of what the guy on the opening track of kool keith and kutmasta kurt- masters of illusion, is going on about(if you'd heard it you'd know)
that is very partonising, im a 30 odd b-boy uncle father husband, and in the past year me and a whole host of my 30 summat year old mates have seen the likes of beasties, ugly duckling, skinnyman, jurassic 5, GLC, dj format, klashnekoff and all that, we be b-boy for life, we still exist, we dont just disappear and buy dido cd's.

been hip hop for 25 years.

and still lovin hip hop when their fillin my grave in y'all.
Old 12-11-2004, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moorish

yeah and a tad ignorant at times
Old 12-11-2004, 01:48 PM
id like to order one

Thumbs up Re: Wembley Review - Sort of!

im 17 and have older bro and sis who are huge fans of the mighty beastie boys and led me in to the beastie boy world and tuesday was the first time id seen beastie boys adn i loved every min of it 17 yrs ive been waiting to see them! now i have cant wait to see them again i hear rumours of them at glasto which would be EXCELENT!
i dnt think anty of the records really did much justice 4 mix master mike live he is amazing! mind boggling!
Old 12-11-2004, 03:57 PM
feeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave790
yeah and a tad ignorant at times
It's just kinda typical of the stupid crap that "music journalists" write to justify their own existence and pretend like anything they say actually matters, so that their expense accounts don't get cancelled and they actually start having to pay for their own cocaine. Phoey on the lot of them.