Old 08-31-2014, 12:50 PM
just here for the .gifs

Default Well someone finally broke in

Thanks gentrification! My new 20 year old neighbors left their $2000 bikes out on their enclosed porch (with windows), and only two weeks passed before someone took a crowbar to the back door and snatched them. I hope they didn't go up to the second floor and notice the boxes from my new 21 year old neighbors' 50" tv, and 27" iMac sitting on their porch.... In my head I've been calling these things burglar bait, but hoped I was wrong. *sigh*

Nothing of mine was taken, and the kids have insurance, but the whole thing sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebasser View Post
So wait, this guy is driving around in his jeep with his cat and his television in the back and he's got his favourite music blaring away and... I think I've missed the point.

Old 08-31-2014, 06:18 PM
Monkey News

Default Re: Well someone finally broke in

fucking naive idiots. I don't understand how some people are just so unaware about things like that. when people leave the boxes to their brand new whatever it is that they got out front for the trash to pick up. break that box up and toss it in the bin so no one can see it! common sense. people who don't lock their car doors and or keep valuable shit just laying out in their cars and wonder why they got broken into. dumb. Idiots that leave the house with the windows and shades wide open. LOCK THE FUCKING WINDOWS AND CLOSE THE SHADES WHEN YOU LEAVE. isn't doing that kinda stuff just automatic? stop inviting thieves to the neighborhood!

I keep my bikes in the basement locked to a fucking pillar and blocked out the tiny windows to the basement with cardboard. pawn shops in cities must be FILLED with stolen bikes.
Old 09-01-2014, 06:06 AM
repeat

Yeah totally naive - and now thats a lesson learnt. It totally sucks but like turd said it should be pretty much the norm to close your curtains/blinds/shades - otherwise you're just asking for trouble.

Quote:
Originally Posted by some korean pirate View Post
13 multilateral atomic arms reduction.

Old 09-01-2014, 04:56 PM
just here for the .gifs

Haha I'm glad y'all agree. I was thinking maybe I was too harsh in my attitude, but everyone I've told so far has been like "ugh, idiots!"

I mean, they're young, they don't know how to live yet. They come from money (I mean I'm guessing, but they own things that seem impossible for people that young to afford.), so they're a little soft. They're nice people though, much friendlier than the yuppie squares who moved out. I guess now they'll be more careful.

One of the bikes stolen was a beautiful bianchi. Oh man if I ever had a bike that sweet, I'd keep it in a locked velvet-lined case.

Anyway, we're getting a steel door now. That should do it, for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebasser View Post
So wait, this guy is driving around in his jeep with his cat and his television in the back and he's got his favourite music blaring away and... I think I've missed the point.

Old 09-01-2014, 06:05 PM
Monkey News

there's been rashes of break ins in the surrounding ultra suburban towns around my city. it's basically young and bored dirtbags and hoodrats from my city just walking around those towns and looking for cars and houses that are just UNLUCKED. they're just walking right in while everyone is at work and taking what they can.

how do you leave your house just wide open like that?

oh we live in a nice neighborhood! one of those neighborhoods where you don't have to lock your doors! it's great!

until your brand new 55 inch tv that you can see from the street through the windows while the front door is unlocked ends up going missing.

now these thieves and their friends know the people in this town are just plain stupid and go on a thieving spree.
Old 09-04-2014, 04:43 PM
MCA 1964 - 2012

now if they stole you Dorothy - that would've been a crime!

Just because you have one doesn't mean you have to be one