Go Back   Beastie Boys Message Board > Non-Beastie Boys > Beastie-Free General Discussion

Old 10-22-2005, 11:50 AM
feeder

Default There's so much stuff I didn't know I need

Mr.peachy and I went to a baby convention today, one of those big jobbies with loads of exhibitors and it was all stuff for pregnant people/people with new babies. Of course there was loads of stuff I expected, the stuff we went looking for - cots, pushchairs, diaper services, etc - but then there's all this other stuff I didn't have any clue I'd need.

Do you have any idea how many different brands of breast pads there are? Do you???
Old 10-22-2005, 11:57 AM
even when i sleep

Default Re: There's so much stuff I didn't know I need

I'm not surprised, they'd sell shit on a stick if they thought people would buy it! Actually some people probably would buy it if it was marketed right...

But no, I have no idea how many brands of breast pads there are. I'll hazard a guess and say 27.

Quick, before I'm famous

Old 10-22-2005, 12:19 PM
feeder

We bought one of these and one of these.

Mr.peachy particularly enjoyed the "buggy assault course". Most dads seemed to, actually.
Old 10-22-2005, 12:23 PM
smesharik

awww i love the baby shopping. i went with my aunt when she was pregs with kiara. it's the most fun EVER. baby things are so terribly cute.

i love buying little shoes in particular.

thank you for your honesty now fuck off and die.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul jones View Post
Anything that covers up tits must be bad

Old 10-23-2005, 01:19 AM

Most of my friends had kids in the past few years. You will get a lot of conflicting advice. Some babies like swings and others hate them. The only universal thing I've noticed is that babies stop crying when they're in this Fisher Price baby bouncer. My friends all have the aquarium one but it looks like there are variations.
Old 10-23-2005, 01:50 AM
BEAZTIE BOYZ #1 FANZ!

Our house is starting to look like a miniature amusement park with all the different contraptions throughout the living room, family room and dining room. There's a swing, a matching high chair that looks like a big toy, a bumper jumper hanging in one of the doorways, a little rocking chair swing thing, an Intellitainer and various small toys scattered in her playpen, on blankets on the floor, on the kitchen counters etc.

KILLA

Your mom busted in and said, "What's that noise?"
Aw, mom you're just jealous, it's the Beas-tie-Boys!!!

Old 10-23-2005, 04:45 AM
Bill Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Documad
Most of my friends had kids in the past few years. You will get a lot of conflicting advice. Some babies like swings and others hate them. The only universal thing I've noticed is that babies stop crying when they're in this Fisher Price baby bouncer. My friends all have the aquarium one but it looks like there are variations.
That thing was a damn life saver. I used it till the metal got so fatigued it just snapped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echewta View Post
Bob is laying pipe. Thats about it.

Old 10-23-2005, 05:13 AM
feeder

What kind of stroller have you got, Mike? Are you happy with it?

We're a bit torn at the moment between the Bugaboo Cameleon and the Stokke Xplory.

I like the seat height on the Xplory, but the Cameleon has the adjustable handle height. The Xplory can be broken down without having to take the kid out, but it seems kind of a pain in the ass. The Cameleon folds up easily, but you've got to take the 'kid unit' bit off the frame to do it. But then, we don't have a car, so I don't know if that all matters so much, since I won't be having to fold and unfold it so much to get it in and out of a car.

We want to try and decide on something fairly soon though, so we can order it and have it shipped to our place in the US, since it will cost us shockingly less to buy it in the US than the UK.
Old 10-23-2005, 10:50 AM
smesharik

where are you planning on having the baby? here or there? and what influences such a decision?

i think about that a lot, actually. it's that damn multi-nationality thing that gives you unnecessary choices.

thank you for your honesty now fuck off and die.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul jones View Post
Anything that covers up tits must be bad

Old 10-23-2005, 01:12 PM
BEAZTIE BOYZ #1 FANZ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms.peachy
What kind of stroller have you got, Mike? Are you happy with it?

We're a bit torn at the moment between the Bugaboo Cameleon and the Stokke Xplory.
Ours was a gift from my parents. I can honestly say that I hate its guts, though. Its the bulkiest, heaviest, most impractical chunk of plastic and recycled metal I've ever had the displeasure of owning in my life. I wouldn't recommend the Graco CoachRider® "Travel System" to anyone unless I absolutely hated them with every ounce of my heart and soul.

But yes, I've heard really good things about Bugaboos, particularly the Cameleon.....if you're a millionaire. Seriously though, we may need to look into getting one. I think they're kinda pricey, but it's worth it. And since you won't need to upgrade, you'd probably end up sort of breaking even. I can't manoeuver the piece of crap we have around in stores and it's a total bitch to fold up. Trying to put it in the car trunk (or the boot, as you might refer to it) requires intense physical labor. I know you don't have a car, but you'll still want the option, in case, I'm sure. Our close friends ordered a Cameleon. But their baby's not due for another few weeks, so I haven't gotten any real valid feedback yet.

The other one you're considering looks like something Dr Evil would push Mini Me around in. But that's cool.

KILLA

Old 10-23-2005, 03:04 PM
feeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickill
But yes, I've heard really good things about Bugaboos, particularly the Cameleon.....if you're a millionaire.
Yeah they're not exactly giving those things away are they. But from what I've heard, the carry cot that comes with the Camelion is incredibly practical; for example, some people have said they haven't even bought a bassinet or cot for the first few months because the baby's so happy in the carry cot, and it's quite long so they don't outgrow it too quickly.

If we buy it in the US, standard retail is $879. In the UK it's £599, which works out to $1058. We'll be coming to the US over the holidays, so it seems to me to make sense to buy it there, eh?

Quote:
The other one you're considering looks like something Dr Evil would push Mini Me around in. But that's cool.
I told mr.peachy you said that and he said "Yeah!" Clearly, he considers this one of its plus points.
Old 10-23-2005, 03:55 PM
BEAZTIE BOYZ #1 FANZ!

I don't know if this is still available, but I think it's priced a little more reasonably than the average Bugaboo, while maintaining the same sleek design and versatility. It also comes in blue. Not that there's anything wrong with allowing your husband to push an ice pink stroller with matching diaper bag around the city.

KILLA

Old 10-23-2005, 04:10 PM
feeder

Quote:
Not that there's anything wrong with allowing your husband to push an ice pink stroller with matching diaper bag around the city.
I somehow think he may not feel the same.
Old 10-23-2005, 04:16 PM
BEAZTIE BOYZ #1 FANZ!

I'm sure he'd come around if you told him about the free matching footmuff. Come on, it's LIMITED EDITION. That should have sold you right there.

KILLA

Old 10-23-2005, 04:23 PM
feeder

He says he's only got use for one kind of muff, heh heh, wink wink, say no more.