Go Back   Beastie Boys Message Board > Beastie Boys > General Beastie Boys Discussion

Old 05-05-2012, 05:22 AM

Default The email from Yauch a few years ago

Hi everyone, I'm wondering if anyone has saved the email Yauch sent to us when he came back from the hospital (I think it was a few years ago), I deleted mine and now I regret it.

If anyone still has a copy of theirs, please share it in this thread. Thanks in advance.

RIP Adam :'( <3

And for a moment I knew what it was all about...

Old 05-05-2012, 05:28 AM

Default Re: The email from Yauch a few years ago

From April 20 2010, subject header "meditation":
Quote:
hello,

wanted to send this out to you guys in case you were into it, or wanted to give it to anyone who you think might be.

a few friends and i are meditating at the same time twice a day. 9:30am and 6:30pm eastern standard time, for about an hour and half.

we are picturing smashing apart all of the cancer cells in the world.

we are visualizing taking the energy away from the cancer, and then sending it back at the cancer as lightening bolts that will break apart the DNA and RNA of the cells. if you have the time, please join us in whipping up this lightening storm. mind over matter......

if you prefer to sit then sit, but if you are not used to meditating, or sitting quietly doesn't sound like fun, put on some music and dance while you do the visualization, and if you want to do it at some other time, or picture curing some other illness that's fine too. yoko will be joining the meditation by visualizing all of us dancing with joy to celebrate the world without cancer. all variations are welcome. this is really just being done with a wish for all beings to be cured of all illnesses and to find true lasting happiness.

i'll also be saying prayers for the earthquake victims in tibet, so join in on that if you can too.

please feel free to pass this onto anyone who you think may find it interesting.

with all my love,

adam yauch

That girl ain't nothing but the blue plate crab special at Woodman's in Essex, MA

Old 05-05-2012, 05:30 AM

Subject header "what i did over my summer vacation":
Quote:
aug 5 2009

hey all,

hope you are doing well.

so i'm about a week and a half out of surgery now and rapidly recovering from it. i haven't taken any of the pain meds, which supposedly speeds along the healing process, or should i say, taking them slows it down. anyway, i spent 1 night at the hospital after the surgery. the hospital was too crazy to get any rest so i headed home to relax, have home cooked food and hang out with the family.

i'm pretty well detoxed from the anesthesia that they pumped me up with to keep me under for all that time. that took several days to get out of my system. my neck and jaw are still pretty stiff from the surgery, but it gets better everyday. had the stitches out this past monday... so things are moving along.

but no sooner am i on the mend from this first torture than are they lining up the next one. the next line of treatment will be radiation. that involves blasting you with some kind of beam for a few minutes a day, 5 days a week, for about 7 weeks. that will start in a few weeks...

saw the jay-z cover of no sleep, and the coldplay one of fight for your right from APW on youtube. good shit. and i heard karen o wore a "get well MCA" armband, and that q-tip gave a shout out too..... very kind of them.

just wanted to thank them and everyone else who sent positive thoughts my way. i do think that all of the well wishes have contributed to the fact that my treatment and recovery are going well.

much love back at all of you!

adam

That girl ain't nothing but the blue plate crab special at Woodman's in Essex, MA

Old 05-05-2012, 05:33 AM

Thank you very very much, it's heartbreaking to read but I want to save these messages from Yauch, because he personally wrote them <3

And for a moment I knew what it was all about...

Old 05-05-2012, 05:34 AM

i was thinking about if anyone would make a shirt like alexandra's icon. maybe Cey could do it and donate the money to charity...

thank you Adam.

Old 05-05-2012, 06:24 AM
Cheech Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj hood View Post
i was thinking about if anyone would make a shirt like alexandra's icon. maybe Cey could do it and donate the money to charity...
This.

Cool as a cucumber in a bowl of hot sauce.

Old 05-05-2012, 06:44 AM

Arrow Re: The email from Yauch a few years ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj hood View Post
Sadly, all sorts of stuff, including that shirt, was on eBay within hours of the news hitting yesterday. I don't think any of it was 100% charity.
Old 05-05-2012, 07:06 AM
Prince Of Scrabble

Here's a bit more of a beastie-ish idea, that could be done for charity.
Old 05-05-2012, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerd Fight View Post
Here's a bit more of a beastie-ish idea, that could be done for charity.
Hey i really like that one. Would def buy a couple.

Its like a Oo la la, Oo Oo la la, rhymin' over old breaks like a Mardis Gras