Old 08-13-2004, 01:49 PM
Rappin' Cracka'

Exclamation Re: Why I dislike the new album

If you don't like it don't post anything on a Beastie Boy fan website. NO ONE CARES!!!

I'm Benny Mac and I get respect. Clean kicks, bling-bling and the chrome Detroit hat.

Old 08-14-2004, 09:09 PM
-=Tezza-D=-

Default Re: Why I dislike the new album

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiny_salmon
word. it's always awesome when they switch off like that. hence why "paul's boutique" is my favorite. it makes the music that much more fun and attention-catching. the whole formula thing they've got going on is a little weak. however, that's the only thing that bothers me about the album, and it doesn't even bother me that much. i think "to the 5 boroughs" is awesome. i love the political lyrics and the beats...everything is great. except the predictability.
Do you think they don't know what they are doing? like they have done it all befor and they have picked their formula for a reason. You say it's too predictable? comon a song is supposed to build an atmosphere and their delivery has no weak holes init. What they are doing with this formula is makeing songs to the point and dense and no point in the song where there is a lull , it's constant flux within a framework. The only problem I have is with some of the brilliant songs like the bruhaha and crawlsapce and tripple trouble is that I just don't want the song to end. They could of made some 4-5-6 verse songs :P... Next album we will see the full range of their skills and this album will make a whole lot more sense to alot of ppl.
Old 08-17-2004, 12:25 PM
will turn the party out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=Tezza-D=-
Do you think they don't know what they are doing? like they have done it all befor and they have picked their formula for a reason. You say it's too predictable? comon a song is supposed to build an atmosphere and their delivery has no weak holes init. What they are doing with this formula is makeing songs to the point and dense and no point in the song where there is a lull , it's constant flux within a framework. The only problem I have is with some of the brilliant songs like the bruhaha and crawlsapce and tripple trouble is that I just don't want the song to end. They could of made some 4-5-6 verse songs :P... Next album we will see the full range of their skills and this album will make a whole lot more sense to alot of ppl.
what the fuck? this came from another thread i posted in.

anyways, chill pal. if it wasn't for "to the five boroughs" i wouldn't be posting 'cause i didn't know the first thing about the beastie boys before it. since purchasing it, i have purchased all the other albums and know them backwards and forwards. in my opinion, "paul's boutique" is their best cd, and part of why i like it so much is the switch offs they do. after listening to that it took away from "to the five boroughs" a little, 'cause they don't do it very much on that album. but i still love it. i'm not saying it blows or anything.

the girl is crafty like ice is cold!
the girl is crafty - she knows all the moves
i started playing records - she knew all the grooves.

Old 09-17-2004, 01:55 PM
dont go up there

I love TT5B

over

A day in paradise

Old 09-19-2004, 06:17 PM
oh yeah what now

shut up.
noone cares why u dislike the album.
now go away

"Cause handjobs are the newest handshakes maaan"
-Stefan <3

If its too loud, youre too old

Old 03-18-2005, 04:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by B_Mackin'
If you don't like it don't post anything on a Beastie Boy fan website. NO ONE CARES!!!
now thats jus plain unfair. The whole point of a message board is for people to post their views and opinions on stuff and discuss it with everyone else, Not to give a fair opinion and have everyone who doesnt think that way bicker and squable like school kids. this has happened on every board ive ever bin a meber of, and theres always been a post like this, reminding people what a board is and that other peoples opinions count even if u dont share the same view...but hold up...if i dont like it then dont post here, correct?