Old 05-08-2012, 01:13 PM
Music est. 1986

Default Re: Adam Yauch - 1964-2012

I think everyone who is a fan wants to be a beastie boy. Or wants to have the life of a beastie boy.

When I was a teenager, I looked up to them. I wanted to be like them when I got to be 30 and 40.
Old 05-08-2012, 02:03 PM
The Illest Jew-O-Rican!!!

Word of advice: Don't watch the "Ricky's Theme" music video when you're trying to cheer yourself up by watching Beastie Boys music videos. Fuck.

We Love You MCA!

Old 05-08-2012, 02:44 PM
The Illest Jew-O-Rican!!!

Licensed To Ill is probably going to end up back in the Top 10 of the Billboard 200 this week.

Quote:
Beastie Boys Albums Storm iTunes Following Adam Yauch's Death
Band's debut, Licensed to Ill, shoots up to #3 following MCA's death.

In what has become a modern digital mourning ritual, fans of the Beastie Boys swarmed onto iTunes over the weekend to snatch up copies of the trio's albums in honor of the passing of member Adam "MCA" Yauch.

The rapper, who died on Friday
 at age 47, left behind a legacy of eight studio albums with partners Adam "Ad-Rock" Horovitz
 and Michael "Mike D" Diamond. With everyone from Madonna
, to the B-Boys' longtime DJ, Mix Master Mike and Justin Timberlake
 paying homage, as well as in-concert shout-outs from Coldplay, the Red Hot Chili Peppers and fun. over the weekend, Yauch's memory was clearly on the minds of his peers.

But fans were feeling nostalgic as well, since all of the trio's studio albums featuring their intricate rhymes rocketed onto the iTunes charts since the news broke friday. As of press time on Monday morning (May 7), the group's 1986 debut, Licensed to Ill moved up to the #3 position on the iTunes album chart, with the sample-thick 1989 follow-up, Paul's Boutique, on the chart at #13. A 1999 anthology charted at #26, followed by 1994's Ill Communication at #27, 1992's rock and rap hybrid Check Your Head (#38), their final studio effort, last year's Hot Sauce Committee Part Two (#42), the Boutique re-issue (#83), 2004's To the 5 Boroughs (#174) and the Head re-issue (#184).

The sales surge followed the pattern of rush buying that accompanied the recent deaths of Whitney Houston
, Amy Winehouse
, Etta James and Michael Jackson

It's likely that a number of the albums will make it onto the Billboard 200 chart this week as well when it is released on Wednesday.

Share your memories of Adam on Twitter using the hashtag #RIPMCA.
--http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/168...ch-death.jhtml

We Love You MCA!

Old 05-08-2012, 04:03 PM

hope it does

" Elevated platform never gonna conform "

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...&content=music

Old 05-08-2012, 04:04 PM

Rest in peace Yauch, christ I can't believe I'm writing this.....
Thanks for all the great music, videos, interviews, awareness of the plight of the less fortunate, everything. I feel like I've lost a family member.
Old 05-08-2012, 04:34 PM
Basic As Fuck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklyndust View Post
I think everyone who is a fan wants to be a beastie boy. Or wants to have the life of a beastie boy.
not really

-------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Gus
The friendship ended when I wiped my arse on his pillow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pres Zount
I don't really love you! Lyman zerga is on my ignore list, but you don't deserve it, you swine!
-------------------------------------

Old 05-08-2012, 04:54 PM
Pocho

I posted this Friday morning on my Facebook...I wanted to to share it with my BBMB fam...I've been on these boards for 12 years, and had to speak my mind...

This morning when I got in the car, it had a Beastie Boys sticker in the window, and I was rockin' my Beastie Boys shirt. Believe it or not, I was even scrolling through my ancient iPod to put on some Beasties. Then I hopped on my phone for a quick second while I waited for Steph, and read something that tore me apart. MCA, Adam Yauch, 1/3 of the Beastie Boys, has passed away.

I remember the first time I ever heard the Beasties....it was twenty years ago, and I was seven years old. Every kid on the playground was rappin' "So What'cha Want". When I was twelve or thirteen, I convinced my mom to pick the Licensed To Ill cassette up for me at the local video store. I played it until it broke, and I memorized every rhyme. As the decade went on and my musical golden era hit (the late 90's) the Beastie Boys dropped my favorite album of all-time, along with my favorite song (Hello Nasty, and Intergalactic).

In 2004 they released To The 5 Boroughs, it blew me away and was my soundtrack for summers to come. It came for me during a big change in my life, and just like before, their music was a lamplight for me during rough times.

Last year I lost my abuela....it was the hardest thing I've ever gone through. But just like someone out there arranged it all, the new Beastie Boys album came to the rescue. It was released almost to the day that she passed...without it I don't know what I would've done.

Most of you that really know the big dorky Messican named Spencer know the most important thing to me in life (next to my girl) is MUSIC. Above all else....it's what keeps me going. The Beastie Boys have always been, and will always be my favorite act in music. MCA was always my favorite Beastie...I admired him for his values, social stance, and commitment to making a difference in the world...while making you laugh the whole time

This isn't just the death of a wonderful person, but the end of an era, and the end of the Beastie Boys. They'll set their mics down just like Run DMC did years back. To be honest, I wouldn't have it any other way. They're a set....you can't have one without the other.

Thank you to the Beastie Boys for making me who I am today....for exposing me to hip hop...for inspiring me to make a difference...and for giving me the greatest gift of all....MUSIC. I leave ya'll with my favorite MCA rhyme....thanks for reading...

"Like a bird floatin' down on a New York breeze Every thought in the mind is a planted seed So watch the mind or the thoughts will stack Before you know it they're boomerangin' on back."

-MCA of the Beastie Boys

Rest Well homie.....
MCA Adam Yauch
August 5th, 1964 - May 4th 2012

BEASTIE BOYS 1979 - 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lo_Lyfe
yo i fukked a girl wit hooves mayne the other night. like no fingers an toes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickill View Post
bear rape.
Have Faith