Old 12-10-2017, 09:42 PM
Music est. 1986

Default Online Archives Idea

Neil Young has recently added his entire catalogue and archives for free (until June 30th) on his website.

It has over 900 songs that you can listen to in either master quality or 320 kbps, linear notes, art and other rarities.

It would be awesome if Beastie Boys did something like this especially to coincide with their memoir. I know I would pay a small fee to have access to their vault and high quality recordings of some of their unreleased stuff or b-sides.

Last edited by brooklyndust : 12-10-2017 at 09:47 PM.
Old 12-12-2017, 12:17 AM

Default Re: Online Archives Idea

I think at one point Minor Threat put up a ton of live soundboard recordings for either a flat price or subscription fee. I know that They Might Be Giants have been really good about offering live content for sale. Pearl Jam with an authorized live recording of multiple tour stops for a reasonable fee rings a bell. Then of course NIN with all of the stems and high quality audio downloads has been pretty cool. The beasties have always been great at releasing a bunch of different and neat physical items. I think they were better than most at adding bonus content. I hope that one day they'll do something more on the scale of some of the bands mentioned above.