I Love Adam Yauch.
I truly lost apart of myself.
Rap in peace my beautiful friend.

Old 05-05-2012, 10:31 AM
Adrock

Default Re: TMZ : "YAUCH DEAD"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Presentable View Post
tpk is there any chance we can change the title of the thread? Yes it's true, but it's a fucking hammer between the eyes to read. No dramas if not, just wondering.
True. Even a lot of the news headlines. So blunt about it.

Back On The Mic Its The Anti-Depressor

www.youtube.com/lauriehammy

Old 05-05-2012, 10:33 AM
Current Member

Default Re: Adam Yauch - 1964-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpk View Post
changed it.
Thank you, man.

Shout at the Devil!

Old 05-05-2012, 10:37 AM
Toe tapper/hand clapper

This sucks. My bro came over and we partied till around 5. I played all my beastie vinyl - from cookie puss to hot sauce. Today I feel no better. Reading all the twitter feeds to watching Jimmy Fallon it's a mindfuck really. The article below states Adam went into the hospital right around the HOF induction and then things moved rapidly. I have no idea what my point is but I'm sad and this hurts.

http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/20...-boys-dies/?hp
Old 05-05-2012, 10:38 AM
I'm flowing prose to cons

He was admitted to the hospital the day of the ceremony.

Thanks for the thread title change. omg my heart is broken. i am not sure what i will do this weekend. I am glad my best friend is crashing over at my place with me.

I luv you Adam.

I'll never turn back 'cause that's the way I've got to live.....

https://twitter.com/beastieboysnews

Old 05-05-2012, 10:41 AM
crazyobessionw/bboys

Did anyone see Showbiz tonight? it was on at 11:00 pm, and they did a nice memorable for MCA.
But something stuck out to me...
The little piece they showed of Mike D getting interviewed about why Yauch wasnt at the RNRHOF ceremony, and Mike was stumbling over his words to come up with the appropriate thing to say. It was hard to watch.... really hard.

I Love Adam Yauch.

Old 05-05-2012, 10:47 AM
I'm flowing prose to cons

Quote:
Originally Posted by beasties#1fan View Post
Did anyone see Showbiz tonight? it was on at 11:00 pm, and they did a nice memorable for MCA.
But something stuck out to me...
The little piece they showed of Mike D getting interviewed about why Yauch wasnt at the RNRHOF ceremony, and Mike was stumbling over his words to come up with the appropriate thing to say. It was hard to watch.... really hard.
I am only reading news online or here on this board. I can't watch anything on TV. I think it would be too much. It's nice to see so many people in the media showing so much love and respect for him. FLEA'S comment was my favorite. FLEA is just a wonderful person. I don't know but the Chili Peppers have been saying so many great thinks about Yauch. I love them for that.

I'll never turn back 'cause that's the way I've got to live.....

https://twitter.com/beastieboysnews

Old 05-05-2012, 10:52 AM
crazyobessionw/bboys

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoLovesMCA View Post
I am only reading news online or here on this board. I can't watch anything on TV. I think it would be too much. It's nice to see so many people in the media showing so much love and respect for him. FLEA'S comment was my favorite. FLEA is just a wonderful person. I don't know but the Chili Peppers have been saying so many great thinks about Yauch. I love them for that.
My dad was watching it and I walked in, I'm too weak to look up anything online. I've only been on twitter, fb, and this message board... I can't watch videos of him on YouTube, I can't look up articles... Seeing pictures of him breaks my heart more. I can't go in my room

I Love Adam Yauch.

Old 05-05-2012, 10:55 AM
Adrock

Dos anyone have any video from the Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame ? Iv seen a short youtube clip of the speech. Is there whole show out yet ?

Old 05-05-2012, 10:59 AM
Scientist

So very very sad. He had a kindness that was one of a kind, a gentleman, a role model and an important artist. It is difficult to put into words how I feel. I can only imagine how difficult it must be for his family and closest friends.
Old 05-05-2012, 11:02 AM
Super Villain

It's on HBO tonight.
Old 05-05-2012, 11:09 AM

Thanks for changing the thread title KP & TPK...

thank you Adam.

Old 05-05-2012, 11:11 AM
I always get my sin

Yeah, it had been bugging me as well...

Pussy Galore's Flying Circus

Old 05-05-2012, 11:12 AM

ditto on changing the title... thanks

and yes... please - can someone please get the HBO Rock N' Roll Hall of Fame show tonight online for us?
Old 05-05-2012, 11:28 AM
NYC Brouhaha Division

been mourning and grieving this awful news all day and all night.

one Adam Yauch story-

I was working with a youth group and they were taking group ice skating lessons at Chelsea Piers. I was freeskating around the rink and lo and behold, Adam was doing the same.his daughter was taking a private lesson.

this was post 9-11 NYC. it was a Friday in March 2003. In A World Gone Mad had just been released on the band's official website that very week.

I skated around the rink a couple of times after spotting him and I stopped and called a friend on my cell phone- I was really nervous! I had always hoped to bump into a Beastie Boy on the streets of NYC, but man, this was Adam. MCA in the flesh just going solo around an ice rink.

after building up the nerve, I just skated right up to him, said "Hey Adam" and extended my hand for a handshake. I went right into to telling him that I loved the new track (this was their first new song release in quite some time) and to keep doing what they were doing. he was so kind and genuine.

the next Friday, it was the same story all over again. this time he gave me the old head nod and showed me approval for what I was doing- he saw I was trying my best to supervise these rugrats and keep my composure talking to one of my idols, heroes, legends...

we said what's up again and went about our own business.

he was such an amazing and loving father.

Long Burn The Fire. Rest In Peace Adam.

Old 05-05-2012, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungRemy View Post

one Adam Yauch story-

I was working with a youth group and they were taking group ice skating lessons at Chelsea Piers. I was freeskating around the rink and lo and behold, Adam was doing the same.his daughter was taking a private lesson.

this was post 9-11 NYC. it was a Friday in March 2003. In A World Gone Mad had just been released on the band's official website that very week.

I skated around the rink a couple of times after spotting him and I stopped and called a friend on my cell phone- I was really nervous! I had always hoped to bump into a Beastie Boy on the streets of NYC, but man, this was Adam. MCA in the flesh just going solo around an ice rink.

after building up the nerve, I just skated right up to him, said "Hey Adam" and extended my hand for a handshake. I went right into to telling him that I loved the new track (this was their first new song release in quite some time) and to keep doing what they were doing. he was so kind and genuine.

the next Friday, it was the same story all over again. this time he gave me the old head nod and showed me approval for what I was doing- he saw I was trying my best to supervise these rugrats and keep my composure talking to one of my idols, heroes, legends...

Old 05-05-2012, 11:40 AM

I'm so thankful for all of you who are posting your thoughts and stories. I still can't do it.
Old 05-05-2012, 11:41 AM

I wish I had something that could possibly be a fitting tribute to him. I'm just so, so sad that he's gone. My sympathies to his family, the other Beasties and his friends.
Old 05-05-2012, 11:42 AM

Quote:

one Adam Yauch story-

Man, these stories are gut wrenching. But I love learning more about the kind of man he was.
Old 05-05-2012, 11:42 AM
rebel in black

Quote:
changed it.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-ren View Post
My son, Noah (who I wanted to name Adam, but my husband wouldnt have it), loves the Beastie Boys. I was in the car explaining to him that Yauch had died which led to a long conversation about death and dying and people not coming back once they are gone. Then we turned up one of our favorite Bboys tunes after which the four year-old profoundly tells me: "Mommy, him voice is still alive" ....well said, Noah. Peace out, my man
Sometimes the kids say the best things!

I have been totally numb all day, was supposed to work, but couldn't do anything, been sitting by my computer, going through photos and videos, crying every now and then and been horrified the amount of stuff that has turned up on eBay, horrible T-shirts and "autographed" photos. One record shop that was selling Paul's Boutique color vinyl box for $99 a month ago want $250 for it now...

There's gonna be a hugest full moon tonight so guess I won't get any sleep tonight either...

So This Is What I've Got To Say To You All
Be True To Yourself And You Will Never Fall

Old 05-05-2012, 11:44 AM

Default Re: TMZ : "YAUCH DEAD"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pesto pizza View Post
I've only ever given a fuck about 3 famous people.
People i've not seen in years contacted me last night,because when people think of me they think of the Beastie Boys.
This will change my life,just like when I first heard the Beastie Boys.
Same with me mate on the whole thing.
Old 05-05-2012, 11:51 AM
Adrock

Quote:

one Adam Yauch story-

Amazing. Yet another perfect thing about Adam. He was just so 100% modest an normal. I can almost see his exact face with that head nod. What a guy.

Old 05-05-2012, 11:56 AM

SO sorry to hear of Adam's passing. Far too young; life is so unfair.
Old 05-05-2012, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacemac9000 View Post
WTF REALLY ???
wow when I read & think about how much the loss of MCA impacts my fellow peer fans on this board and how much it impacted myself as well, my heart truly goes out to MIKE D, ADROCK, and ADAM's family and friends who must really feel this loss in a profound way.

MCA thanks for having a positive impact on my life and helping me survive some difficult times and helping me enjoy some happy times.

" Elevated platform never gonna conform "

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...&content=music

Old 05-05-2012, 12:00 PM

Nothin but Love and Gratitude...

I am so sad, but looking at old pics and talking to friends I realized how lucky I am to have experienced and remember so many wonderful moments of my life through your music and presence.... such a huge part of me since the begining,

sometimes my friends tease me about how much I love/miss the 80's, but the truth is it was the greatest time the music was so new and fresh. I was young and free with no worries, and no one I knew had died yet, especially of cancer. It seems the past ten years the people I love and value so much have all been devoured by this monster. It is truly heartbreaking. I can't understand..

I stop myself when I feel this way and I remember I am so lucky to have had each and everyone of these extrodinary people in my life, and I only feel happiness and gratitude.

Thank you Adam for being such huge part of my life. It truly was a pleasure meeting you.

To all of you.... much love you were as much a part of him as he was you. I hope you all celebrate his life always.

Peace
T
Old 05-05-2012, 12:02 PM
Rest in Peace Yauch

Not sure if this has been posted...sorry if it has.

Originally Posted by Chuck D

"Last night, I took a 14 hour flight to Sydney, Australia from LA, embarking on PE's 80th tour in 25 years. I just landed to 65 texts with the news. Adam and the Boys put us on our first tour 25 years and 79 tours ago. They were essential to our beginning, middle and today. Adam especially was unbelievable in our support from then 'til now, even allowing me to induct them into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. I consider myself a strong man and my father says be prepared to lose many in your post-50 path of life. Still, I'm a bit teary-eyed leaving this plane. R.I.P. Adam aka MCA."

Thank You Adam Yauch

Old 05-05-2012, 12:08 PM
Hero

Quote:

one Adam Yauch story-

That's awesome. My favorite memory is from a show in Miami at Crobar during VMA weekend. It was August and TT5B had just dropped. They did a 45 minute all hip-hop set. 21+ show on a stage that was waist high with a single velvet rope and no security. I was dapping all 3 of them the entire show. It was amazing.

Anyway, the beginning of Open Letter starts and when the beat drops I just threw up a peace sign, held it there, and began bobbing my head. It just felt right. It was my way of showing the boys that I understood the vibe of that track.

Yauch made eye contact with me and gave me that same nod you got Jeremy, the "Yauch Nod." Head kind of half-cocked, like he was agreeing with me.....acknowledging me, saying, "I feel ya man." Never forget it.

Long Burn the Fire

Adam Yauch

1964 - 2012

Old 05-05-2012, 12:19 PM

Quote:
changed it.
Thank you. I didn't even want to post in this thread but wanted to pay my respects as this is likely the only way that I will be able to do so.

You know how when something awful happens, and you wake up the following day and the awful event pops into your head and you're like "oh fuck, it's still true." That's how I felt when I got up today.

Sad.

"MCA, where have you been?"

In our hearts, and he always will be.

Old 05-05-2012, 12:22 PM

Yes I too felt the thread needed a proper title change, i was in shock when i started it and the news had really just broken ... I think part of me was hoping it was wrong ... not to mention the tmz blurb was inaccurate ...

This must be so hard for the people most close to him. They are in my thoughts and well wishes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Presentable View Post
tpk is there any chance we can change the title of the thread? Yes it's true, but it's a fucking hammer between the eyes to read. No dramas if not, just wondering.
Quote:
i know right. i was just thinking about it too.
Quote:
changed it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by beasties#1fan View Post
Thanks, thats better
Quote:
Originally Posted by laurie_hammy View Post
True. Even a lot of the news headlines. So blunt about it.

" Elevated platform never gonna conform "

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...&content=music

Last edited by spacemac9000 : 05-05-2012 at 12:26 PM.
Old 05-05-2012, 12:39 PM

When I think about why I am so devasted...well it's Beastie Boys songs listed as "music of the day" in my firstborn's baby book 28 years ago, lyrics to their songs were some of her first words, hardly a day has gone by during those years that I haven't listened to their music, never tiring of the def jams, still can't listen to Intergallactic without getting a smile on my face. That I relate to this music on so many levels, but in the end it is all about the beats. They helped define my life but what now? Time will heal, but it will never be the same.

Last edited by jlarsen : 05-05-2012 at 12:46 PM.