Old 12-15-2019, 12:38 AM

Default New Bootleg: Hip-Hop Sampler

I assume this is new since I've never seen it on Beastiemania. Looks like someone in England is pressing up some more colored vinyls.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/BEASTIE-BOY...AOSw1nVd9Zm S
Old 12-16-2019, 12:34 PM

Arrow Re: New Bootleg: Hip-Hop Sampler

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuc70021 View Post
I assume this is new since I've never seen it on Beastiemania. Looks like someone in England is pressing up some more colored vinyls.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/BEASTIE-BOY...AOSw1nVd9Zm S
Glad its easily discernible from the original. The funny thing about this release is that originals often look worse that the bootlegs because the stickers seemed to just get slapped on the sleeves whereas the boolegs tend to have printed sleeves.
Old 12-16-2019, 02:11 PM

Default Re: New Bootleg: Hip-Hop Sampler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir SkratchaLot View Post
Glad its easily discernible from the original. The funny thing about this release is that originals often look worse that the bootlegs because the stickers seemed to just get slapped on the sleeves whereas the boolegs tend to have printed sleeves.
Agreed - when the bootlegs are really close to the legit copies it's more of a drag.

I still can't figure out why the Hip-Hop Sampler has been bootlegged so many times. There was a clear vinyl bootleg of this LP - also from the UK - last year as well, not to mention a bunch of black vinyl bootlegs for years before that. I mean, it's a nice compilation, but it has 4 version of Sure Shot and nothing past Ill Communication.
Old 12-17-2019, 09:14 AM

Arrow Re: New Bootleg: Hip-Hop Sampler

My suspicion about it's popularity it's (sort of) the same concept as the In Sound From Way Out except its rap songs instead of funk instrumentals. I think there was a lot of interest in that type of thing, especially when it came out. But yeah, 4 versions of Sure Shot is a pretty weird choice!