Old 09-29-2020, 08:47 AM

Default Re: Bonnaroo YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by brmanuk View Post
Thanks, grabbed! Great to have a copy in case this never pops up ever again. But I'll buy it if they sell it at some point.

If this is gonna be that kind of party, I'ma stick my dick in the mashed potatoes!

Old 09-29-2020, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brmanuk View Post
good looks! thank you.
Old 09-30-2020, 09:02 AM

Curious... what's the "Sabotage" edit during the 2009 Bonnaroo show I keep reading about?
Old 09-30-2020, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdan2276 View Post
Curious... what's the "Sabotage" edit during the 2009 Bonnaroo show I keep reading about?
I haven't watched the original version in about a decade, but during Yauch's bass solo, he messes up, and then Mike can't figure out when to come back in with the drums and the whole band grinds to a halt.

They pick it back up, and I think Ad-rock might mess up the vox, so they start it again.

It's a pretty glorious mess! And you can almost not tell by the way it's edited. They did a pretty good job cleaning it up, but you can till see Mke & Yauch looking at eachother like "eeeeeshhh"

and AdRock talks some smack about how "there are no backing loops up here. no iPods. just live musicians."

message board

Old 09-30-2020, 11:42 AM

Explaination is much appreciated! Thank you
Old 09-30-2020, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Explaination is much appreciated! Thank you
No problemo! It's worth looking up though.

message board

Old 10-01-2020, 03:47 AM
The name Praying Mantis

I loved every moment of this concert. Sound quality was awesome too, luckily I managed to grab a copy which I've watched again and again!

I hope they eventually release this on Blu Ray, maybe as a double disc along with Beastie Boys Story, I'd happily pay good money for it!
Old 10-01-2020, 11:48 AM

I have a good quality mp4 rip of the video and a 320kbps mp3 if anyone wants/needs? And I was trying to chop up the full length mp3 into individual tracks, but the program I was using sucks. Anyone either willing to cut it up with whatever better software you have or can you recommend a good working free program I can use?

This does not look good for Homestar Runner.

Old 10-02-2020, 06:13 PM
Current Member

I really hope against hope that this gets a vinyl release.

Is there even a remote chance the artists sampled could get on board if, say, all proceeds went to charity?

Bah.

Shout at the Devil!

Old 10-02-2020, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Presentable View Post
I really hope against hope that this gets a vinyl release.

Is there even a remote chance the artists sampled could get on board if, say, all proceeds went to charity?

Bah.
Do they need clearance when it’s live? I always live recordings had different rules

Yes Adam yauch was very spiritual yes he raised awareness about the situation in Tibet yea he was a great father , husband and friend but most of all he was a dope MC one of the greatest to ever pick up a mike his voice will be missed- Chris Rock

Old 10-02-2020, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesleyOHSnaps! View Post
Do they need clearance when it’s live? I always live recordings had different rules
if they are selling the live recording, yeah they have to clear the samples.
Old 10-03-2020, 05:56 AM
Online Since 1999

I'm not DJ expert, but they probably need permission just to play de samples in the live shows. I don't know the agreements MMM or BB have to make to play another people's beats in live shows, but I guess that same agreement settles what you can and can't do, like recording and later distribute the concert.

I mean, they sold AIFST, why not another shows?

beastiemixes.com

Old 10-03-2020, 07:31 AM
Current Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uru-Nitro View Post
I'm not DJ expert, but they probably need permission just to play de samples in the live shows. I don't know the agreements MMM or BB have to make to play another people's beats in live shows, but I guess that same agreement settles what you can and can't do, like recording and later distribute the concert.

They made some changes to AIFST. Hendrix samples, Pass that Dutch, the Apache break (or whatever it is on Root Down).

The long bow I’m drawing for this show is a deal along the lines of ‘hey, this band is no longer a going concern, cut us some slack’ but I realise it doesn’t work like that.

Shout at the Devil!

Old 10-03-2020, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uru-Nitro View Post

they DON'T have to pay if they are using someone's beat or sample at a live show. it's the same loophole that DJ's have when DJ'ing other artists music at live events. rappers have been rapping over other artists beats at live shows since the dawn of hip-hop.

they DO have to pay if they are selling that live recording that contains other artists beats or samples.
Old 10-03-2020, 07:47 AM

Arrow Re: Bonnaroo YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micodin View Post
they DON'T have to pay if they are using someone's beat or sample at a live show. it's the same loophole that DJ's have when DJ'ing other artists music at live events. rappers have been rapping over other artists beats at live shows since the dawn of hip-hop.

they DO have to pay if they are selling that live recording that contains other artists beats or samples.
That's the right answer. There are royalties for playing other people's music in public but they are very small and typically paid by the venue.
Old 10-05-2020, 11:52 PM

I watched AIFST recently and they definitely listed all the samples used for the live versions during the credits.

If this is gonna be that kind of party, I'ma stick my dick in the mashed potatoes!

Old 10-06-2020, 07:22 AM
Registered Lurker

Quote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oH7b3LHdV-A
Old 10-06-2020, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tt5brevisited View Post
Thanks for posting - I'd never seen that.

I saw them just after The Mix Up came out and MCA biffed the opening of Triple Trouble twice, but the second time they just rolled with it. Makes the set just that more memorable.

Watching live hip-hop, especially Beastie Boys, gave me so much more respect for tour DJs. Maybe it's easier nowadays, but when rappers would blow their lines, come in late, come in early, etc., the DJ had to figure out how to draw a break out/cut it short, maybe had to scratch on one side while rewinding on the other, etc.
Old 10-06-2020, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tt5brevisited View Post
Mannnnnn, it's not as disastrous as I recalled. And it makes me appreciate what Mario C did to weave it back together. All that said, I would still have prefered them leave it alone, but w/ a better mix. Oh well.

message board