Old 09-25-2020, 03:43 PM

Default Re: Bonnaroo YouTube

I have tomorrow night pencilled in to watch this with a few cold ones, as long as it’s still available!

Great to read the reports. As if there was ever any doubt Mario C would deliver. Am I right in thinking this is first work with the B-Boys in any capacity since 1998?

Also loving the Mike D appreciation. Sandwiched between Yauch (most technically gifted of the 3 and arguably one of the best voices in hip hop) and Horovitz (instantly recognisable, high energy on the mic) he has always been slightly undervalued. But as time has gone he’s probably become my favourite Beastie - his rhymes grew stronger with every record, his delivery is always inch perfect and in interview he is capable of being both goofy and insightful in the same sentence. I also think he was the best thing about the book (unpopular opinion I know). Only downside is he was slightly cold when I met him, but I’ll forgive that given he must have been signing the 2000th book that day and listening to the 2000th person explain how he’s helped change their life etc. Respect to the Jewish Brad!

Quote:
DIAMOND: He wishes he could be here right now. So do we.

Old 09-25-2020, 03:48 PM
Music est. 1986

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave790 View Post
Also loving the Mike D appreciation. Sandwiched between Yauch (most technically gifted of the 3 and arguably one of the best voices in hip hop) and Horovitz (instantly recognisable, high energy on the mic) he has always been slightly undervalued. But as time has gone he’s probably become my favourite Beastie - his rhymes grew stronger with every record, his delivery is always inch perfect and in interview he is capable of being both goofy and insightful in the same sentence. I also think he was the best thing about the book (unpopular opinion I know). Only downside is he was slightly cold when I met him, but I’ll forgive that given he must have been signing the 2000th book that day and listening to the 2000th person explain how he’s helped change their life etc. Respect to the Jewish Brad!
Agreed! I felt he had some many great moments on Hot Sauce Committee. Especially Long Burn the Fire. The whole song is just building up for him to take it down.
Old 09-25-2020, 04:20 PM
R.I.P. Brooklyn

This was great.

A little shocking to see them open and rip through time for living and super disco breaking to a rather subdued crowd, boisterous but not rowdy just how I like it
Old 09-26-2020, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklyndust View Post
Agreed! I felt he had some many great moments on Hot Sauce Committee. Especially Long Burn the Fire. The whole song is just building up for him to take it down.
Yes! Mike D consistently improves his game on each album. You can tell he puts the work in. on the off season.

I really love his performance on SAY IT as well. That has become my favorite deep cut by the band, and I think he is the glue on that track.

message board

Old 09-26-2020, 05:23 PM

^^^ re: Mike D, I always thought he completely bossed Too Many Rappers as well. But Long Burn The Fire is his moment, absolute fire.

Absolutely loved the Bonnaroo show incidentally. As much as I dig the AIFST concept and execution, I’d rather have a hard copy of this sort of show filmed normally etc any day. Even the sound is preferable for me. My dream is for some sort of multi-disc live release covering all eras.

While it’s a shame they didn’t throw in any Mix Up or 5 Boroughs material, they did at the other shows around this time. I think the Baltimore show for instance is a latter day holy grail of sorts if any recording exists - 30 song set list, intimate setting, and as Bonnaroo demonstrates: the Beastie Boys performing arguably better than ever.

All of this is very bittersweet obviously. First and foremost the world was obviously robbed of a great man (and specifically husband, father, son etc). But from a more selfish point of view, we lost a great late golden era for the group we love.

Quote:
DIAMOND: He wishes he could be here right now. So do we.

Old 09-27-2020, 12:53 AM

Quote:
^^^ re: Mike D, I always thought he completely bossed Too Many Rappers as well. But Long Burn The Fire is his moment, absolute fire.

Absolutely loved the Bonnaroo show incidentally. As much as I dig the AIFST concept and execution, I’d rather have a hard copy of this sort of show filmed normally etc any day. Even the sound is preferable for me. My dream is for some sort of multi-disc live release covering all eras.

While it’s a shame they didn’t throw in any Mix Up or 5 Boroughs material, they did at the other shows around this time. I think the Baltimore show for instance is a latter day holy grail of sorts if any recording exists - 30 song set list, intimate setting, and as Bonnaroo demonstrates: the Beastie Boys performing arguably better than ever.

All of this is very bittersweet obviously. First and foremost the world was obviously robbed of a great man (and specifically husband, father, son etc). But from a more selfish point of view, we lost a great late golden era for the group we love.
I agree with all that you wrote

"I don't wanna go to a health farm,I just wanna have a good time"

Old 09-27-2020, 07:02 AM
Music est. 1986

Quote:
Agreed. Instead of releasing another greatest hits album, I would rather own a mastered hard copy of this show. An official live album with great sound quality. It would be great if they had some kind of DVD package with this show and Beastie Boys story. Maybe add extra scenes that didn't make the documentary.
Old 09-27-2020, 12:09 PM

has anyone ripped the audio and shared for this jawn yet?
Old 09-27-2020, 01:23 PM
rebel in black

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulb View Post
Blocked here as well....

Anyone have a rip as my computer's on the blink I can't watch it properly, and I'd like to have it for forever...

So This Is What I've Got To Say To You All
Be True To Yourself And You Will Never Fall

Old 09-27-2020, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklyndust View Post
Agreed. Instead of releasing another greatest hits album, I would rather own a mastered hard copy of this show. An official live album with great sound quality. It would be great if they had some kind of DVD package with this show and Beastie Boys story. Maybe add extra scenes that didn't make the documentary.
It might be hard to release an official live album with all the samples Mix Master Mike uses during the shows.

I also noticed that the new greatest hits album is not being released by Capitol records. It's being released by a different record company.
Old 09-27-2020, 11:46 PM
CANADA'S BIGGEST BBOY FAN

Well Bonnaroo made the video private, so I tried mine again, I guess it will work until its pulled: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Elxp4u6YMkY

http://mic-to-mic.blogspot.com/

Old 09-28-2020, 10:37 AM
NYC Brouhaha Division

Quote:

As much as I dig the AIFST concept and execution, I’d rather have a hard copy of this sort of show filmed normally etc any day. Even the sound is preferable for me. My dream is for some sort of multi-disc live release covering all eras.

I think I may have had this same sentiment for the first time ever once I watched Pass the Mic at Bonnaroo. that's the song in AIFST that they take a piss in the urinal and the audio cuts out from the song on stage.

this last weekend was such a great way to connect with fans and friends and with Beastie Boys and their music again. I was blasting Hot Sauce 2 for the first time in a long time and just loved going back in time as bittersweet as this has all been.

it's all been so cathartic, leading from the book, to the shows, to the movie, to this wonderfully presented and brilliantly performed final gig.

whatever comes next I'm looking forward to looking backwards.

Long Burn The Fire. Rest In Peace Adam.

Last edited by YoungRemy : 09-28-2020 at 10:39 AM.
Old 09-28-2020, 01:54 PM
hip!

I have it in 1080p, but it's over 2GB so not that easy to share.

well, that's just awesome then

Old 09-29-2020, 07:51 AM

Enjoy!

http://www.mediafire.com/file/owj8ou...e+Bon.mp4/file