Go Back   Beastie Boys Message Board > Beastie Boys > General Beastie Boys Discussion

View Poll Results: Favorite band photographer
Ricky Powell 4 28.57%
Glen E. Friedman 8 57.14%
Ari Marcopolous 1 7.14%
Danny Clinch 0 0%
Other? 1 7.14%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-31-2018, 05:38 PM
R.I.P. Brooklyn

Default Favorite bboys photographer

Clinch, Friedman, Powell, Marcopolous, other

Powell and Friedman have the classics, Powell I think has more of them. Marcopolous has some nice CYH/IC era photos, and While Clinch doesn’t have as many as the others he does have nice ones. My personal favorite is his backstage photo of them connected in arms.
Old 06-01-2018, 05:51 AM
repeat

Default Re: Favorite bboys photographer

Uncle Sloppy for sure

Quote:
Originally Posted by some korean pirate View Post
13 multilateral atomic arms reduction.

Old 06-02-2018, 12:25 AM
Pass Me The Peas

Hornblower

Old 06-21-2018, 04:10 AM

Speaking of photos, I was wondering if anyone has or knows of an old pic from the PB era that crossed my mind recently. From what I can remember it was in a magazine that had a short feature talking about them recording in LA and preparing to release Paul's Boutique. Could have been Spin or Rolling Stone maybe, not sure.

It was taken on what looked like an outside apartment balcony, probably in LA. I remember there was a turntable out there and someone had a bottle of beer. Probably from 88 or early 89. Not sure who shot it but probably Ricky Powell if I had to guess. I know this is totally random but just wondering if anyone knows the pic I'm referring to. Haven't seen it in years. Thanks guys.

It makes me think of how there are tons of old pics just from magazines back in the day that you never see anymore. You would think they would have been scanned and posted online by fans, but there are lots that you just never see anymore.
Old 06-22-2018, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3stooges View Post
Speaking of photos, I was wondering if anyone has or knows of an old pic from the PB era that crossed my mind recently. From what I can remember it was in a magazine that had a short feature talking about them recording in LA and preparing to release Paul's Boutique. Could have been Spin or Rolling Stone maybe, not sure.

It was taken on what looked like an outside apartment balcony, probably in LA. I remember there was a turntable out there and someone had a bottle of beer. Probably from 88 or early 89. Not sure who shot it but probably Ricky Powell if I had to guess. I know this is totally random but just wondering if anyone knows the pic I'm referring to. Haven't seen it in years. Thanks guys.

It makes me think of how there are tons of old pics just from magazines back in the day that you never see anymore. You would think they would have been scanned and posted online by fans, but there are lots that you just never see anymore.
it's in the anthology Sounds of Science vinyl/book. it's a fish-eye shot by uncle Rick.
Old 06-27-2018, 12:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micodin View Post
it's in the anthology Sounds of Science vinyl/book. it's a fish-eye shot by uncle Rick.
Ok cool, I never saw that. I will have to look for it. Do you know what magazine that was in?
Old 06-22-2018, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoffel79 View Post
Hornblower
same