Go Back   Beastie Boys Message Board > Non-Beastie Boys > Beastie-Free General Discussion

Old 12-09-2007, 10:09 PM
Campus Fuckface

Default Re: fucking poser 14 year old girls and their fucking up things that are actually coo

You might want to stay away from malls and stuff and/or posting about said experiences.

I learned the hard way.

http://www.beastieboys.com/bbs/showt...&highlight=HMV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob View Post
in the hip hop world, we call you a biter, and it's one of the most egregious things a person can do

Old 12-09-2007, 10:21 PM
Bacardi by Night

Default Re: fucking poser 14 year old girls and their fucking up things that are actually coo

Well, I wouldn't be too hasty to lump "all 14 year old girls" into the same category, INH. I don't know how many 14 year olds you know that you can make a statement like that, but I assure you there are plenty out there who probably do like them.

I mean, not many people know that I love Run DMC to death and if someone came up to me if I was wearing a shirt of theirs and told me I didn't like them and was being a poser, well, they wouldn't know what the hell they were talking about.

Just be careful about blanket statements.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwayne Alozando Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho
Shit. I know shit's bad right now, with all that starving bullshit, and the dust storms, and we runnin' out of french fries and burrito coverings. But I got a solution that will fix everything!

Old 12-10-2007, 12:56 AM
three steps ahead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebasser View Post
Dinnae lie! Your arse is huge!
Well, I've got that damn tattoo of WuTang on my ass already so of course I barely have no room.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DipDipDive View Post
You haven't lived until you've been pounded up against a flaming trash can.

Old 12-10-2007, 01:06 AM
Beasties#2fan

You're like one of those guys who finds some incredibly underground band, then as soon as they hit the big time, and EVERYBODY loves them, you stop liking them because you just aren't cool enough if you like something mainstream.

You have no idea what's in the hearts and minds of the RUN DMC t-shirt buying youth of today.

When I see kids wearing my favorite bands, it makes me smile, free advertising for good music. More people buy the good music. More good music gets produced. we all win.

RUN
DMC

Silence7

www.Beastiemixes.com
Beastie Boys Remix Hosting/Downloads, Rare Tracks. blah, Blah, etc...
---------------------------
www.Beastieboyslive.com
Live Show Downloads

Old 12-10-2007, 02:07 AM
Basic As Fuck.

rum dmc? aint those the guys who tried to copy the beasties? thats the only connection i can built SOWWY

well band shirts are gay anyway cause no one (but INH) gives a flying fuck about what shit youre into

in fact no one but 14- year olds should wear band shirts or it will look ridiculous

-------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Gus
The friendship ended when I wiped my arse on his pillow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pres Zount
I don't really love you! Lyman zerga is on my ignore list, but you don't deserve it, you swine!
-------------------------------------

Old 12-10-2007, 02:20 AM
voyeur

Favourite thread <3
Old 12-10-2007, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by insertnamehere View Post
why am i jealous of 14 year old girls? my life is way better than that of a 14 year old. i get to do things most 14 year olds can only dream about, like drive, drink excessively, stay up at late as i want, and eat ice cream for breakfast.
you truly are the king of kings...

Laurence Wells Music

Old 12-10-2007, 08:04 AM
Smart

Arrow Re: fucking poser 14 year old girls and their fucking up things that are actually coo

Quote:
you're right, they're not my personal band. i have nothing against anyone listening to them. if a 14 year old girl listens to them, good for her. 8 year olds? super. my issue is not that there are young girls listening to it. its that pretty much none of them do, yet they will wear something around that says they do. i WISH more people had the same taste in music as me, im not trying to stop anyone from listening to good music. i just want people who listen to shitty music to stay away from products that are meant to show appreciation of good music.

in related news, the only radio station ive been able to pick up in this city that i liked, they changed to a country station. cock.
You are such a fucking moron. Run DMC are NOT a niche band, pretty much anyone under 40 likes them. I have no idea where you've got this ignorant view of yourself as some kind of music expert because you like Run fucking DMC.

It's fair enough to get pissed off at people like RaZoRbLaDe_KisS who wear Sex Pistols shirts purely for the image but Run DMC are pretty much the most widely recognised black music group of all time. The fact your original post accused people of thinking "wow I have black people on my shirt" shows that you have some serious issues around their race. Stop being a fucking Nazi.

I'm going off, getting paid and I don't ask why

Old 12-10-2007, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenAdrock View Post
I don't know how many 14 year olds you know that you can make a statement like that, but I assure you there are plenty out there who probably do like them.
amen. deejayzap for instants.

Laurence Wells Music

Old 12-10-2007, 09:39 AM
Battletoad

No one could ever possibly understand. All of you. You just don't understand.
Old 12-10-2007, 10:00 AM
MCA 1964 - 2012

It pisses me off that people who weren't born when I was into RUN DMC act like they own them, fuck life and it's meandering mediocrities meddling in my RUN DMC-ness and shit yo MTV raps!!!!!

riffle ball bat!

Just because you have one doesn't mean you have to be one

Old 12-10-2007, 08:40 PM
Campus Fuckface

Here's the problem with you getting mad at the Run-DMC T-shirts going out of stock: how do you know who actually bought them?

You leaped to the conclusion that the 14 year olds went and bought them all (also leaping to the conclusion that each and every hypothetical 14 year old customer who is running around with the shirt is a genuine phoney). How do you know it wasn't all 20-somethings or 30-somethings who bought it?

Coming from someone who got too mad at 14 yr olds while at a corporate mega-store and being misguided enough to share it on a message board susceptible to anonymous pricks tearing you up a year and a half ago... just chill, yo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob View Post
in the hip hop world, we call you a biter, and it's one of the most egregious things a person can do

Old 12-10-2007, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DroppinScience View Post
Coming from someone who got too mad at 14 yr olds while at a corporate mega-store and being misguided enough to share it on a message board susceptible to anonymous pricks tearing you up a year and a half ago... just chill, yo.
lol owned

Laurence Wells Music

Old 12-10-2007, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmute rhyme View Post
I know how you feel. I feel the same way when I see kids wearing Beastie Boys shirts. What the fuck do they know about the Beastie Boys when they were born in 1986? Now if I wear any of my Beasties gear, I'll look like them.

Bunch of jackholes.
cmute officially wins

Quote:
Originally Posted by DroppinScience View Post
You might want to stay away from malls and stuff and/or posting about said experiences.

I learned the hard way.

http://www.beastieboys.com/bbs/showt...&highlight=HMV
at least i'm not the only one this has happened to before

Quote:
Originally Posted by silence7 View Post
You're like one of those guys who finds some incredibly underground band, then as soon as they hit the big time, and EVERYBODY loves them, you stop liking them because you just aren't cool enough if you like something mainstream.
did they just hit it big time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Padster View Post
You are such a fucking moron. Run DMC are NOT a niche band, pretty much anyone under 40 likes them. I have no idea where you've got this ignorant view of yourself as some kind of music expert because you like Run fucking DMC.

It's fair enough to get pissed off at people like RaZoRbLaDe_KisS who wear Sex Pistols shirts purely for the image but Run DMC are pretty much the most widely recognised black music group of all time. The fact your original post accused people of thinking "wow I have black people on my shirt" shows that you have some serious issues around their race. Stop being a fucking Nazi.
you say pretty much anyone under 40 likes them, but to be honest, ive never really heard anyone in real life mention them ever, save my dad, and one of my friends. i dont think im a music expert at all. i dont have tv and i dont listen to the radio, i just listen to the same ol' stuff over and over. i just discovered daft punk this summer, and aside from that, well i cant remember the last time i started listening to a new band. i really thought that this was in the same vein as the sex pistol shirt example that you mentioned. if run dmc is actually popular, then it's news to me.

so sorry i caused all this hullabaloo, but under this here rock, i dont know much of anything about whats going on in popular culture these days, and i didnt realize that, as you all make it sound, run dmc is a pretty big thing these days. you also have to remember that i live in a pretty hickish place, and as most of you are from more urban areas, the populace of your respective communities is probably more cultured and knowledgeable about these kinds of things. i just feel like your average north carolinian getting their major in cattle management woudlnt listen to run dmc.

now if you'll excuse me, i need to go listen to joy division and study for my beekeeping exam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurdBerglar View Post
FATASS

Old 12-10-2007, 09:38 PM
good reactions, etc?

Quote:
if run dmc is actually popular, then it's news to me.
lol yes, run dmc is unbelievably popular

anyway i know how you feel though, i just started listening to this new band i discovered, lead zeplin, but their shit is like all over the mall and i just don't know, i don't wanna be lumped in with these posers
Old 12-10-2007, 09:44 PM

i didnt just start listening to them. it's just, i didnt know other people listened to them too. like, i pretty much dont know anyone in my age range that listens to beasties, so i felt like it was a pretty safe assumption to make, you know? like, as far as beastie boys go, theres
1. my friend that never listened to them before that i took to a show this summer
2. my dad
3. some of my older relatives
4. a guy i work with thats like 30

actually when i told people i was going to a beastie boys concert this summer, the main response i got was "that's lame"

Quote:
FATASS

Old 12-10-2007, 09:49 PM
good reactions, etc?

Quote:
i didnt just start listening to them. it's just, i didnt know other people listened to them too. like, i pretty much dont know anyone in my age range that listens to beasties, so i felt like it was a pretty safe assumption to make, you know? like, as far as beastie boys go, theres
1. my friend that never listened to them before that i took to a show this summer
2. my dad
3. some of my older relatives
4. a guy i work with thats like 30

actually when i told people i was going to a beastie boys concert this summer, the main response i got was "that's lame"
and when you got to the concert and looked at your expensive ticket and saw the huge crowd it didn't occur to you "hey, the beastie boys are very popular and a lot of people have heard of them and like them"?
Old 12-10-2007, 10:00 PM

a lot of people have heard of them and like them that are in a different age range than me, it seems

drunk men that dont wear shirts apparently do not like them

i feel uncomfortable discussing this in this section of the board

Quote:
FATASS

Old 12-10-2007, 10:16 PM
three steps ahead

my doc told me that when he did an ultrasound on this pregnant chick, the fetus was wearing a de la soul shirt. How dare that fetus!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DipDipDive View Post
You haven't lived until you've been pounded up against a flaming trash can.

Old 12-11-2007, 12:22 PM
: /

Quote:
Originally Posted by russhie View Post
Favourite thread <3

fosho, I love this thread.
I hereby pass my public b1tching torch to 'insertnamehere'
well done sir! I will now step down from my position, but remain as an advisor to the board.
Old 12-11-2007, 12:23 PM
: /

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randetica View Post
rum dmc? aint those the guys who tried to copy the beasties? thats the only connection i can built

Oh jesus...
Old 12-11-2007, 01:27 PM

m 98% sure she was joking

Quote:
FATASS

Old 12-11-2007, 02:13 PM
Smart

Arrow Re: fucking poser 14 year old girls and their fucking up things that are actually coo

Quote:
if run dmc is actually popular, then it's news to me.
Well then why didn't you start a thread saying "OMG Run-DMC is one of the most popular bands ever? Why didn't anyone tell me?!"

Old 12-11-2007, 03:27 PM
bis

I listened to Run DMC when I was 14. But that was before old-skoolEE rap/hip-hop became popular among baybidees.

I miss those days.
Old 12-11-2007, 03:34 PM
Smart

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOY View Post
I listened to Run DMC when I was 14. But that was before old-skoolEE rap/hip-hop became popular among baybidees.
Er... no it wasn't.

Old 12-11-2007, 03:35 PM
bis

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Padster View Post
Er... no it wasn't.
Well, to, you know, physically ADVERTISE they listened to them. Here.
Old 12-11-2007, 04:05 PM
Is Portly

Quote:
i need to go listen to joy division and study for my beekeeping exam.
Bring back the bee topic! I'll do something bad if you don't...

There was a HOLE here. It's gone now.

Old 12-11-2007, 07:05 PM
Captain Obvious!

I always get confused when people wear the numbers of their favorite players. I'm always catching myself thinking, "I'm sitting next to Beckham. Oh wait!?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by overheard at the dinner table
You mean there is no recess in 6th grade!?

Old 12-11-2007, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jitters View Post
Bring back the bee topic! I'll do something bad if you don't...
why dont YOU bring it back up with a new bee question?

Quote:
FATASS

Old 12-12-2007, 09:52 PM
drifter

Never let a punk get away with murder
Gun shots, gun shots, all you heard-a
What's up? What's up? What's the word up?
Press your luck or buck another sucker just ducked
Ooh, whatcha gonna do?

Next stop, home ownership! I’m just kidding, the middle class is dying. You’ll be renting forever.