Old 03-30-2012, 02:47 PM
just here for the .gifs

Default Re: Dubstep

I don't really know what it is. Like dub, but...dancey? I tried to watch a skrillex video, but I got bored. I didn't hate it, just didn't feel like watching a greasy haired lil dude bee boppin around. His look reminds me of Corey Feldman in dream a little dream.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebasser View Post
So wait, this guy is driving around in his jeep with his cat and his television in the back and he's got his favourite music blaring away and... I think I've missed the point.

Old 03-30-2012, 03:02 PM
:(

ahahahahhhahhaaaaa..I love it. But i would say a hell of a lot of it is bollocks.
Old 03-30-2012, 10:55 PM
Funky Boss

Just like any music its good for a certain time and place and appeals to a particular demographic. There are different forms of it, from the experimental singer/songwriter stuff of James Blake, to the minimal beats of Benga, poppier stuff of Nero or two-dimensional stadium sized beats of Skrillex.

I like a good banging drop from time to time, as long as theres some variation. It woulden't be the only the genre I'd listen to, but I appreciate some heavy dubstep, or some more minimal grimey dubstep if I'm in the right mood.

It appeals to a lot of people, so obviously its doing something right. Its all subjective whether youre into it or not right?

http://www.youtube.com/user/hwgavin