Go Back   Beastie Boys Message Board > Beastie Boys > General Beastie Boys Discussion

Old 07-19-2019, 02:46 PM

Default Re: New Sabotage Vinyl Bootleg

For those in NorCal. I called a record shop in oakland and the girl said they arrived last week and they sold out of them this am and claimed they had been selling them prior to today?!!??
Old 07-19-2019, 03:12 PM

Arrow Re: New Sabotage Vinyl Bootleg

I'm gonna hold tight for a second. Same thing happened with the Pete Rock Record that came out. I was able to get that for close to the retail price by waiting a bit.
Old 07-19-2019, 06:14 PM

2500 units were to 400 stores but 50 percent went to I think the store owned by the record turntable maker. There will not be a second pressing according to somebody close to the source. Two stores near me sold before today!
Old 07-19-2019, 07:26 PM

I called my local (as in 50 miles away) store and they had none. Honesty compels me to admit that I grabbed 2 copies and 2 players on line before today. So, 🌞 on being able to get one to open and archive. 😥 because I folded and bought online, which turns out to be the only way I could have.

It's here with lots of other cool stuff...

http://www.beastiemania.com/main.php
Old 07-19-2019, 07:34 PM

Just went to a place in Oakland

“I sold my last 2 today, I had six total but they took a week to sell” the girl told me.

Pays to be early. Groove merchant did not even know about it!
Old 07-22-2019, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcamuto View Post
For those in NorCal. I called a record shop in oakland and the girl said they arrived last week and they sold out of them this am and claimed they had been selling them prior to today?!!??
Yeah, every record store did this. This is a super first-world problem, but I think this release was kind of a wreck. It really undercut the purpose of record store day. I'm old enough to remember when you had to actually go to a music store to buy music, but that's largely gone now, so RSD was supposed to drive people back to indy music shops. What this did was show everyone that even your anarchist collective record store will sell shit on Ebay/Discogs 100% of the time if it can make then an extra buck (or 50). One can get the feeling that indy record stores aren't even interested in indy record stores anymore.
Old 08-15-2019, 10:01 AM

Arrow Re: New Sabotage Vinyl Bootleg

Anybody tried to play this record on a normal turntable (like a Technics 1200) yet? Just wondering if it will work.
Old 08-16-2019, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir SkratchaLot View Post
Anybody tried to play this record on a normal turntable (like a Technics 1200) yet? Just wondering if it will work.

I got it to play on my Audiotechnica. Worked fine but it isn't an impressive pressing. Sounds kind of like.... bleh.