Old 05-07-2012, 11:46 AM
crazyobessionw/bboys

Default Re: Adam Yauch - 1964-2012

" know, we should have tweeted and instagrammed every sad, happy and inspired thought, smile or tear by now. But honestly the last few days have just been a blur of deep emotions for our closest friend, band mate and really brother. I miss Adam so much. He really served as a great example for myself and so many of what determination, faith, focus, and humility coupled with a sense of humor can accomplish. The world is in need of many more like him. We love you Adam. BTW this photo sent to me by a friend, (thanks Saslow) is just one awesome example of how NYC is such a unique place that amidst it's huge size and frenetic pace it really opens up it's heart in so many ways and on on so many levels in times like these. And though it makes me cry sometimes, it has been really amazing and moving to see."
Mike

Did Diamond only post this to facebook? its not on the website, twitter, tumblr.......

I Love Adam Yauch.
I truly lost apart of myself.
Rap in peace my beautiful friend.

Old 05-07-2012, 12:01 PM

I am 26 years old. I have fond and early memories of the Beastie Boys' music. The earliest was when I was three years old. I have an older brother who was always on top of the new hip hop that was coming out. I remember running around my room like crazy while License to Ill blasted through the speakers as loud as possible.

I have followed the Beasties ever since. When I think of the 90's I automatically think of the Beastie Boys. Which makes me think of the videos and the imagery. So Watcha Want, Sabotage, Sure Shot, Intergalactic, etc. I became a huge follower and supporter of the band. Through vinyl, cds, shirts, posters and dvds to a vast collection of performances and concerts. I am blessed to have seen them in concert multiple times.

There were times in my life when I fell off path and was heading somewhere that wasn't good, or wasn't me. Every time I felt hard times, it was always the Beastie Boys who helped me get back on track. When I suffered from manic depression and bad anxiety, it was once again the Beastie Boys and their music that helped me fight.

They helped me find light again and again. Time after time. Not just musicially, but how they live their lives. The way the care. The way they appreciate their fans. The examples they set. They way they fight for what is right in this world. They are leaders. They make me feel good and proud to be a fan. I love them for that.

Which brings me to MCA. Adam Yauch. I just want to say how grateful I am and how much I love this man. I send out all of the love that I possibly can to his family and friends. Yauch has taught me many times in my life. I have learned things from him that I never would have learned anywhere else. Not only was he so mellow and cool, but he was so smart and intelligent and I loved learning and listening to him. He has inspired me and changed my worldwide perspective on many different levels. Spiritually, musicially, creatively, comically and on a basic human level. His musical genius is huge. From his rhymes, flow and cadence to his funky, rough, raw and gritty basslines. He was an innovator. The Boys were innovators. It will forever be my duty to inspire as much people as I possibly can to the legacy of Adam Yauch and the Beastie Boys. Thank You Adam. Thank You Mike. And Thank You Adam Yauch. Much Love.
Old 05-07-2012, 12:32 PM

Unfortunately I never had the pleasure of seeing the Boys in person but I have been a fan ever since LTI came out when I was at university. I was born in the same year as one of them and came from a somewhat similar background. I was one of the few in my high school who liked rap and when these upper-middle class boys broke onto the scene a couple of years later, I embraced their music wholeheartedly. These guys were the boys our parents wouldn't let us date.

Unfortunately my military fiance/husband hated rap and wouldn't let me listen to it. I secretly saw their documentaries over the years and once in a while, I was lucky enough to hear their music on mainstream radio.

In 2007, I was diagnosed with cancer and my husband decided that he couldn't deal with it. So he left and I had to find solace. I rediscovered the music of my youth and found out about all the wonderful albums that the Beasties had put out in the past decades. The CDs are in constant chronological rotation on my daily commute. All 3 of these guys helped me rediscover the person who I was before I was a career officer's wife.

Adam's announcement about his cancer came at the same time that I went through a double mastectomy. Although our cancers were different, his fight helped me find strength with my battle.

I never thought that the death of someone I didn't know personally would affect me so deeply but it has.

What's pleasing to the eye in the delusion of my sight is not what I find when I reach into the light
I have lost my mind
I'm walking through time
Deluded as the next guy
Pretending and hoping to find that distant peace of mind
I don't know
Who does know?
There is no
Where to go

It's not so simple as I try to wish
But then again what is?
There is no other worthy quest
So on I go

I don't know
Who does know?
There is no
Where to go
I don't know
Who does know?
Where to go
I don't know
I don't know
I don't know
I don't know

Last edited by BeesTea : 05-07-2012 at 12:46 PM.
Old 05-07-2012, 12:44 PM

double post

Last edited by BeesTea : 05-07-2012 at 12:51 PM.
Old 05-07-2012, 01:02 PM
Yeah, Mr. Zu Zu !

Quote:
Originally Posted by damodafoca View Post

Big influence, very very sad days... RIP Mr Yauch.

(For those who can read french=> http://beyondthenoize.blogspot.fr/20...yauch-mca.html )
Thanks for the link, very nice tribute. Seems like this guy reads in my mind !

http://www.beastiemixes.com/adzud

Old 05-07-2012, 02:40 PM

Still in so much shock

R.I.P
Old 05-07-2012, 04:29 PM

That melancholy Cold Play cover/version of Fight for Your Right always kinda got me.

But it really gets me now.

" Elevated platform never gonna conform "

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...&content=music

Old 05-07-2012, 04:30 PM

This has been the hardest "celebrity" death because it feels like someone I've known since I was 14 years old and I'm 40. I send Adrock and Mike D all the loving kindness in the world. You've brought me so much joy in my life, I can't even tell you. I remember where I was when I listened to almost every new Beasties record, as it was a well waited for experience. And I will always remember where I was and what I was doing when I heard of MCA's passing. Does anyone know the best way to send condolences? Thank you.

-Esther
Old 05-07-2012, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeesTea View Post
Unfortunately I never had the pleasure of seeing the Boys in person but I have been a fan ever since LTI came out when I was at university. I was born in the same year as one of them and came from a somewhat similar background. I was one of the few in my high school who liked rap and when these upper-middle class boys broke onto the scene a couple of years later, I embraced their music wholeheartedly. These guys were the boys our parents wouldn't let us date.

Unfortunately my military fiance/husband hated rap and wouldn't let me listen to it. I secretly saw their documentaries over the years and once in a while, I was lucky enough to hear their music on mainstream radio.

In 2007, I was diagnosed with cancer and my husband decided that he couldn't deal with it. So he left and I had to find solace. I rediscovered the music of my youth and found out about all the wonderful albums that the Beasties had put out in the past decades. The CDs are in constant chronological rotation on my daily commute. All 3 of these guys helped me rediscover the person who I was before I was a career officer's wife.

Adam's announcement about his cancer came at the same time that I went through a double mastectomy. Although our cancers were different, his fight helped me find strength with my battle.

I never thought that the death of someone I didn't know personally would affect me so deeply but it has.

What's pleasing to the eye in the delusion of my sight is not what I find when I reach into the light
I have lost my mind
I'm walking through time
Deluded as the next guy
Pretending and hoping to find that distant peace of mind
I don't know
Who does know?
There is no
Where to go

It's not so simple as I try to wish
But then again what is?
There is no other worthy quest
So on I go

I don't know
Who does know?
There is no
Where to go
I don't know
Who does know?
Where to go
I don't know
I don't know
I don't know
I don't know
Wow. You are a strong person. I am glad you found yourself again.
Old 05-07-2012, 05:08 PM

Thanks for all the great music BB's! You guys were my first concert (at the Metrocentre in 1987), and I still have the ticket. I feel so blessed to have been able to see you all so many times throughout the years. I'm so sorry about Adam, but you all know that he's not far away. His spirit & voice will always be with us.

http://bit.ly/IQz2SF

Last edited by James_D : 05-07-2012 at 05:11 PM.
Old 05-07-2012, 05:52 PM
You hear that fkn brass?

Quote:
Originally Posted by beasties#1fan View Post
" know, we should have tweeted and instagrammed every sad, happy and inspired thought, smile or tear by now. But honestly the last few days have just been a blur of deep emotions for our closest friend, band mate and really brother. I miss Adam so much. He really served as a great example for myself and so many of what determination, faith, focus, and humility coupled with a sense of humor can accomplish. The world is in need of many more like him. We love you Adam. BTW this photo sent to me by a friend, (thanks Saslow) is just one awesome example of how NYC is such a unique place that amidst it's huge size and frenetic pace it really opens up it's heart in so many ways and on on so many levels in times like these. And though it makes me cry sometimes, it has been really amazing and moving to see."
Adrock uses their tumblr the most I'm pretty sure.
I'm so happy to now have seen a statement from both boys, it feels good to feel a sense of connection toward it. It's comforting to hear how they are doing.

Guys I was just looking at cat names for fun cause me and my bf just rescued a kitty and under the names there was Brouhaha.

Did Diamond only post this to facebook? its not on the website, twitter, tumblr.......[/quote]

www.theillestfans.webs.com
Welcome to the site of illest proportions.

When you've got so much to say
It's called GRATITUDE
& That's RIGHT.

(R.I.P Adam Yauch.)

Every thought in the mind
is a planted seed.

Last edited by MCAadROCKMiKEd7 : 05-07-2012 at 05:56 PM.
Old 05-07-2012, 06:10 PM

I like whats happening on this message board right now. Lots of great stories, people coming back who were gone for a while, people supporting other people during this tough time. It's nice.
Old 05-07-2012, 06:29 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonP View Post
I like whats happening on this message board right now. Lots of great stories, people coming back who were gone for a while, people supporting other people during this tough time. It's nice.
yeah i think it's amazing. really goes to show the family type vibe this place has had in the past and still has. i know for sure spending time on here recently just reading and catching up on people has helped me through this difficult time.

BeastieBoys.com

Old 05-07-2012, 06:34 PM
You hear that fkn brass?

It's what's been keepin me together. I check the board constantly on my iPod everyday, idk how I'd feel if it wasn't for this.

www.theillestfans.webs.com
Welcome to the site of illest proportions.

When you've got so much to say
It's called GRATITUDE
& That's RIGHT.

(R.I.P Adam Yauch.)

Every thought in the mind
is a planted seed.

Old 05-07-2012, 06:54 PM
Johnny Ryall

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonP View Post
It's just comforting to know that there are a lot of people who are feeling the same thing I am. I mean that's kind of contradictory, because we all feel devastated, but feeling devastated alone would be even worse. This might be the first time I've ever gone through and read every single post in a thread.

equinox symmetry and the balance is right, smokin and drinkin' on a tuesday night.

Old 05-07-2012, 06:55 PM

Everything has felt so sad & heavy since friday just knowing the world has lost such a beautiful man who whose music & many selfless works i know will always stay with me always &countless others.my deepest love & thanks to Adam Yauch for his priceless gift of himself& his many talents.My deepest Sympathy & prayers to Mike D.,Adam Horovitz ,his lovely wife & daughter,parents & all who loved him so very much.For all the peace he tirelessly worked to promote all over the world,purest peace is surely his.miss you Adam.
Old 05-07-2012, 07:34 PM
bgirls be rockin on & on

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpk View Post
yeah i think it's amazing. really goes to show the family type vibe this place has had in the past and still has. i know for sure spending time on here recently just reading and catching up on people has helped me through this difficult time.
same here... I feel like I need to be here as often as possible, even if it hurts everytime I see this beautiful pic of Adam on the main page... reading you guys share your Yauch stories and everything... it really helps a lot. so I guess what I'm trying to say here is thank you all.

Old 05-07-2012, 07:49 PM

It's really cool to see that this board is helping you guys. I'm going to come here more often and read these posts because this is really hard.
Old 05-07-2012, 07:51 PM
Beastie Boys Fan

...I Want To Offer My Love And Respect To The
End Yauch...

Beastie Boy Forever.
Old 05-07-2012, 08:12 PM
Kid Crafty AKA Burger Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulb View Post
RIP Yauch. This hits me so hard. I owe everything to him and the Boys for making the music they did, that I was able to meet my future wife, and have the best son in the world, and some of the greatest experiences of my life following you guys on tour. This still doesnt seem real and I dont know if ever will. You were a great man, always took the time to be considerate to fans, the world has lost a husband, father and a music icon.

We will miss you Adam. Thank you for everything you've ever graced us fans with.

great people!

"He Won Big In Atlantic City" - Mike D - 12-14-04

Old 05-07-2012, 08:31 PM

Unhappy Re: Adam Yauch - 1964-2012

Ah man...I just can't believe it. Yesterday I left a message, saying I never felt like crying for an Artist...but today I actually cried...I was alone in my car, no kids...and they started talking about Adam.

Man, seriously , I can't believe how much I feel this. Never thought I could feel this kind of bond. I tried to figure if there was another group/artists/athlete I relate to has much, but I can't... I just don't have the right words to express it. I have so much memories specific to every bboys album. I matured pretty much at the same rate they evolved. The soundtrack of my life would almost exclusively be compose of bboys tracks.Their music will always play in my hear till the day I die.

R.I.P Adam! You will not be forgotten. Best of luck for all family and friends, know that this person touched many, many people from all over the world(I'm From Québec).

Quote:
All I wanna know is when is checkout time
So I could be in heaven with the rhythm rock rhyme
Old 05-07-2012, 08:53 PM
CANADA'S BIGGEST BBOY FAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrock1988 View Post
great people!
I still have my Coach Yauch hoodie...I plan on bringing it out of the closet and wearing it again. Thanks for it Bill!

http://mic-to-mic.blogspot.com/

Old 05-07-2012, 09:10 PM

Here's my favorite memory of MCA. It was at a show in Barrie ONT during the Hello Nasty tour. The show was outside, everyone was standing, and Mike D was trying to get some sort of dance contest going on in the crowd.
The crowd wasn't really going for it, and during the lull Adam said something like, "Awwwwwww Mike...do you think you're Don Cornelius? This ain't Soul Train." I don't know if most people got it (did they even show Soul Train in Canada?) but I was laughing my ass off.

Goddamn I'll miss that man.
Old 05-07-2012, 09:13 PM
BeastieMommy

I had a professor in grad school who was fond of the phrase "to stand on the shoulders of giants." It touched me then, but it REALLY touches me now as I vascillate between being grief-stricken with sorrow, unable to perform my duties, and the desire to honor Adam by not moping around and letting my sadness and anger rule. I know the right thing to do is to turn this energy positive, but it's so freaking hard. I pledge to invoke my man's memory and energy by climbing right up on those shoulders and starting where he left off. Let us all learn from his path and make Adam proud. Let's be the change. I'm flowin pros to cons, and cons to pros...
Love.
Old 05-07-2012, 09:15 PM
crazyobessionw/bboys

Quote:
Originally Posted by mugsy5591 View Post
Here's my favorite memory of MCA. It was at a show in Barrie ONT during the Hello Nasty tour. The show was outside, everyone was standing, and Mike D was trying to get some sort of dance contest going on in the crowd.
The crowd wasn't really going for it, and during the lull Adam said something like, "Awwwwwww Mike...do you think you're Don Cornelius? This ain't Soul Train." I don't know if most people got it (did they even show Soul Train in Canada?) but I was laughing my ass off.

Goddamn I'll miss that man.

I Love Adam Yauch.
I truly lost apart of myself.
Rap in peace my beautiful friend.

Old 05-07-2012, 09:48 PM
Silly Walker

I still can't accept this.

I'm not even supposed to be here today!

Old 05-07-2012, 10:17 PM

I was searching through my e-mail box and found this from 10/7/2009

Sad and beautiful and a good reminder of a charity that was important to him.

hey all,

so i just got back from dharamsala, india. went over there to see some tibetan doctors, but as it worked out, the Dalai Lama was giving a 3 day teaching, so i was able to attend that as well.

i'm feeling healthy, strong and hopeful that i've beaten this thing, but of course time will tell. i'm taking tibetan medicine and at the recommendation of the tibetan doctors i've been eating a vegan/organic diet, which surprisingly enough was harder to do in india than it is now that i'm back home. here i can just shop for the right food and cook... a lot easier than depending on restaurants.

when i was in india i visited an ani gompa (a nunnery) called jamyang choling. they did a puja (religious ceremony) for me to help me get well. one nun said to me "we do prayers and then you are better." so i've got that going for me, which is nice.

i will put a link to their web site (below) but it doesn't do justice to how amazing it is to actually go there and hang out with them. i sponsor a few nuns at jamyang choling. there are about 125 nuns there now and more keep joining. when i first met them i think there were only 13 and they were living in some abandoned cow sheds. then they bought some land with some donations, and with more donations they started building rooms for housing, classrooms, a prayer hall, 2 stoopas..... they now live on a beautiful complex in this incredibly lush, peaceful patch of land in lower dharamsala. cows walking around, birds singing, they are growing mangoes and bananas, and they have a whole garden where they grow herbs and vegetables.

i asked how many nuns still need sponsorship. they said 50. it's about $350 a year to sponsor a nun if you are interested.

http://www.jamchoebuddhistdialectics.org/

we have not set a new release date for the record yet, but i'm hoping it'll be in the first half of next year. looking forward to that, but in the meantime, i'm just enjoying a little downtime in massachusetts, taking walks in the woods and hanging out with the family.... still doing a little work related to oscilloscope, watching screeners and attending some screenings, but for the most part, just laying low.

if you are interested i'll send out some little updates every now and then on the oscilloscope twitter account.

http://twitter.com/oscopelabs

thanks again for all of the well wishes and prayers, and the letters were great too, brought a smile to my face reading them.

talk to you soon,

yauch

Old 05-08-2012, 12:03 AM
Beasties#2fan

I posted this on 5-2 and I stand by it...

https://twitter.com/beastiemixes/sta...26828135026689

Quote:
Is it just me, or are #beastieboys fans the friendliest, most fun people ever?! Like a big family. Thanks!!!

www.Beastiemixes.com
Beastie Boys Remix Hosting/Downloads, Rare Tracks. blah, Blah, etc...
---------------------------
www.Beastieboyslive.com
Live Show Downloads

Old 05-08-2012, 02:21 AM

Unhappy Re: Adam Yauch - 1964-2012

I can't stand that wikipedia has MCA listed as a "former member" of the band
He didn't quit or move on to something else.
He will always be a member of the Beastie Boys to me, living or not. Still emotional.

"The reason we haven't made a beastie video is cause when we do MTV will change from MTV to BEASTIE TV"-Rick Rubin circa '86

Last edited by manwich : 05-08-2012 at 02:28 AM. Reason: Was an emotional response initially.
Old 05-08-2012, 05:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpk View Post
word

" Elevated platform never gonna conform "

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...&content=music