Old 01-09-2020, 06:17 PM
Current Member

Default Re: 50 Cal Getdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir SkratchaLot View Post
I think you're really speculating here though. There are tons of different reasons why Mike could have changed the track, took it off the main album (if it was ever even definitely going to be on there), etc.

There are also any number of ways Yauch's intellectual property and recordings could be handled/controlled. Mike D and Adrock may have no say at all as far as that clip, or they could have total control, or anywhere in between.

The scenarios are so numerous and the facts are so sparse that its hardly worth speculating over.
Obviously. And there was in fact a track list/album art published with the track on the album. Do I really need to clarify that I’m speculating?

Shout at the Devil!

Last edited by Kid Presentable : 01-09-2020 at 06:20 PM.
Old 01-10-2020, 08:35 AM

^^^ Nope, I found that pretty obvious.

It also seems highly plausible. MMM posts a snippet of an unheard track months ago with the sign-off 'now you can say that you've heard Yauch's last song.' A song with Yauch guesting then appears on the original tracklist MMM posted for his upcoming release. Then the track is seemingly pulled, and a snippet of something completely different appears on a bonus track instead (which MMM confirms by stating the vocals are from the HN era). Something forced that change, and it's obvious which track would have garnered more attention, so pushback is solid speculation for me.

I like MMM, he brought a lot to the Beasties live shows and obviously there was a great deal of fondness and trust between the 4. However, I wasn't a fan of him sharing that snippet in the first place. Just seemed wrong. Then again he did all the beats for Hello Nasty and TT5B so maybe he's earned that right

Quote:
DIAMOND: He wishes he could be here right now. So do we.

Old 01-10-2020, 10:03 AM

Arrow Re: 50 Cal Getdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave790 View Post
^^^ Nope, I found that pretty obvious.

It also seems highly plausible. MMM posts a snippet of an unheard track months ago with the sign-off 'now you can say that you've heard Yauch's last song.' A song with Yauch guesting then appears on the original tracklist MMM posted for his upcoming release. Then the track is seemingly pulled, and a snippet of something completely different appears on a bonus track instead (which MMM confirms by stating the vocals are from the HN era). Something forced that change, and it's obvious which track would have garnered more attention, so pushback is solid speculation for me.

I like MMM, he brought a lot to the Beasties live shows and obviously there was a great deal of fondness and trust between the 4. However, I wasn't a fan of him sharing that snippet in the first place. Just seemed wrong. Then again he did all the beats for Hello Nasty and TT5B so maybe he's earned that right
Except for 3 MCs and 1 DJ, he didn't do the beats for Hello Nasty and TT5B.
Old 01-10-2020, 11:24 AM
Online Since 1999

Quote:
That's an interesting question. Obviously saying that "he did all the beats" is not correct, but I think he's refering to participate on the tracks by adding turntablism to them… and that seems legit.

-in TT5B i think MMM scratch in almost every song, so is fair to say he was very involved in the Project.

-in HN, due to the back cover credits, we use to think MMM only collaborated on the 3mcs and 1dj track (including me), but if you read the full credits inside, it states:
Additional DJ styling by Mix Master Mike on "Sneaking out of the hospital", "putting shame in your game", "cant wont dont stop" and "unite"

It was a big "discover" to me, as long as I always tought that was Adrock the man behind the scratches for these songs.

Again, he was not involved in the bigger part of HN, but he was more than a single guest.

beastiemixes.com

Old 01-10-2020, 03:45 PM

as a fellow beat maker there's a huge difference in making a beat and someone adding some cuts to it. i just wanted to make the obvious, obvious.

that said, MMM can make some vicious beats and i wish he participated more on TT5B because the bulk of the beats on that album are pretty wimpy and Mike can make some bangers.
Old 01-10-2020, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Yes, it was a thinly-veiled dig at some of MMM's claims in interviews over the years.

Quote:
DIAMOND: He wishes he could be here right now. So do we.