Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-12-2013, 04:08 PM
technically insane

Default health care in the USA

I have had and have health insurance for my family. I have always thought I did good on my plan and felt it was a fair deal for all. I am self employed so I just pay for my own. I called my current provider today because my monthly premium is going up over $500 to stay with the same company. The good news is I can sign up with the company I am already with through the new healthcare.gov. I can also keep my monthly cost about the same by enrolling thought the web site. I can not go directly to the company I am already with, but I am in luck they are one of the 4 that is in the government page.

It is strange to me that I cant just call my customer service and keep what I got, but I have to register with the government website or my rates almost triple.

Anyway here is one of my favorite politicians thoughts...

Friends,

The news is hitting today that only 50,000 people have so far enrolled for coverage under the Affordable Care Act, better known as Obamacare. That’s only 1/10th of the number that was predicted for the first month of enrollment. President Obama, of course, is blaming this massive failure on the website mess -- and that probably had something to do with it.

But this isn’t about a website. It’s about the government trying to take over one of our most basic and critical needs: Our health.

We who believe in Liberty and limited government have a great many complaints and battles to fight to keep the government from meddling unnecessarily in our lives, our families and our livelihoods. All those battles are important, and with your help, the Our America Initiative is fighting them every day.

But...what we are witnessing now -- and in many cases, experiencing first-hand -- is a level of government coercion that I would suggest is not just wrong, but immoral. Millions of Americans are finding that, contrary to Obama’s promises, they are losing their health insurance or at best being informed that the cost of their coverage is skyrocketing. The result is that millions are being forced into government-managed and regulated health care, against their true wishes.

That, my friends, is coercion at its worst. And the fake “shock” that so many politicians are expressing now is just that: Fake. When they passed the Affordable Care Act and wrote the regulations to implement it, they knew exactly what they were doing. They wanted to force us OUT of making our own health care decisions, and INTO a system where the government is making those decisions. Life and death decisions.

In short, website issues aside, the takeover of healthcare is going precisely according to the big government plan. Even the people in Congress who voted against it are now debating how to “fix” it -- AFTER millions of Americans have had their insurance policies cancelled, changed or priced out of affordability.

When President Obama first proposed health care reform, he talked about making care more affordable and more accessible. There is only one way to do that, and it isn’t government force. As I have said countless times in news interviews, on college campuses and in speeches across the country, the way to “fix” health care is to blow the lid off supply and get the government out of the way. Instead, the politicians have managed to kill supply and put the government entirely in charge.

While those politicians are debating how to make government-run healthcare work, SOMEONE needs to be forcing them to have the REAL debate about how to let free markets provide that which the government simply cannot and should not try to force upon us.

That is the debate we need to have, and that the Our America Initiative will advocate -- with your help. Go to Our America today and make a contribution that will let us put the voice of liberty back into the conversation -- something the politicians won’t allow unless we make ourselves heard.

Right now, as millions of Americans are seeing the consequences of letting the government take over the most basic of their decisions and needs, is the time to stand up for smaller government, less control over our lives…and Liberty. Your support will allow us to do just that.

Thank you! I look forward to hearing from you and having your support in this most important battle for freedom.

Gov. Gary Johnson
Honorary Chairman

earl@fuckyoumyman.com