Old 09-25-2020, 07:09 AM

Default Re: Bonnaroo YouTube

3 MCs and 1 DJ was a real highlight too. That’s one where the live show makes the lines funnier for me.
Old 09-25-2020, 07:52 AM

Amazing show. Glad I remembered to look for it. I think I missed the first few songs. PASS THE MIC was the showstopper for me as well.

Am I the only one, or is anybody else kind of annoyed they fixed Sabotage? I always appreciated that even they could fuck up. I think its really humanizing. But whatever. And it was still a high energy performance. But whatever, I suppose it was nice to hear it the way it's supposed to be.

The only other big edit I noticed was taking out Nas's pre-recorded voice from the monitors. Sounded WAAAAAAY better like this.

Mario did a bang up job.

message board

Old 09-25-2020, 08:18 AM
shaZam!

Thumbs up Re: Bonnaroo YouTube

I stayed up all night to watch it!

NO SLEEP TILL BROOKLYN!!!

Latin lingo baby funky bilingual funky bilingual
Yeah, funky bilingual
Latin lingo baby funky bilingual funky bilingual
It's the latin lingo!

Old 09-25-2020, 09:05 AM

Man, I’d been recently watching some 2007ish live footage, and something that stands out for this whole era (last few years of the band) is how fucking PUMPED Mike D gets on stage. I think maybe bringing hardcore songs back into their shows did it? He isn’t my favourite MC in the group but his energy at these shows is undeniable.

If this is gonna be that kind of party, I'ma stick my dick in the mashed potatoes!

Old 09-25-2020, 11:36 AM
Dear New York

Nice to hear some of the reports, i shall be watching tonight

www.musicfanclubs.org/beastieboys

If I had a car it would be a cadalac, Rockin on the mic, I'm not the wacky wack!

Old 09-25-2020, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by balohna View Post
Man, I’d been recently watching some 2007ish live footage, and something that stands out for this whole era (last few years of the band) is how fucking PUMPED Mike D gets on stage. I think maybe bringing hardcore songs back into their shows did it? He isn’t my favourite MC in the group but his energy at these shows is undeniable.
Did they ever take the Hardcore shows out of the show?

I agree he has crazy energy, and its infectious.

Ad-Rock and MCA have two of the most classic and recognizable MC voices of the genre. That said, Mike IS my fave MC of the band. He does the craziest stuff with his voice, has really funny/weird lines and is the most improved MC-player all around across their career.

He's super underused on the first album, but I think everytime they do use him it's incredibly effective.

For the most part I like the three of the evenly, but Mike just barely eeks by to be my number one in the band.

message board

Old 09-25-2020, 02:38 PM
Music est. 1986

Although I love the set-list I just realized not one cut from TT5B or the Mix Up.

I think Ch-Check it out or Triple Trouble or a quick album cut like That's it That's all could have squeezed in and maybe a hazy performance of Off The Grid would have been nice too. They were also lacking from PB.
Hard to fit it all in though.

All 3 of them always balance out perfectly on the stage. I love when they improvise on their delivery and get goofy or silly. I have found that Mike D has consistently had crazy energy throughout the years. Always love when Ad-Rock loses it with some of the screams or freak outs on the delivery of his lines. MCA is the chill glue balancing it all out. The contrast of their styles is woven perfectly. So entertaining to watch.
Old 09-25-2020, 02:44 PM

That was a very good show
No sleep til brooklyn
Too many rappers
Saborosa
Rickys theme
Were the highlights for me

"I don't wanna go to a health farm,I just wanna have a good time"

Old 09-25-2020, 03:43 PM

I have tomorrow night pencilled in to watch this with a few cold ones, as long as it’s still available!

Great to read the reports. As if there was ever any doubt Mario C would deliver. Am I right in thinking this is first work with the B-Boys in any capacity since 1998?

Also loving the Mike D appreciation. Sandwiched between Yauch (most technically gifted of the 3 and arguably one of the best voices in hip hop) and Horovitz (instantly recognisable, high energy on the mic) he has always been slightly undervalued. But as time has gone he’s probably become my favourite Beastie - his rhymes grew stronger with every record, his delivery is always inch perfect and in interview he is capable of being both goofy and insightful in the same sentence. I also think he was the best thing about the book (unpopular opinion I know). Only downside is he was slightly cold when I met him, but I’ll forgive that given he must have been signing the 2000th book that day and listening to the 2000th person explain how he’s helped change their life etc. Respect to the Jewish Brad!

Quote:
DIAMOND: He wishes he could be here right now. So do we.

Old 09-25-2020, 03:48 PM
Music est. 1986

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave790 View Post
Also loving the Mike D appreciation. Sandwiched between Yauch (most technically gifted of the 3 and arguably one of the best voices in hip hop) and Horovitz (instantly recognisable, high energy on the mic) he has always been slightly undervalued. But as time has gone he’s probably become my favourite Beastie - his rhymes grew stronger with every record, his delivery is always inch perfect and in interview he is capable of being both goofy and insightful in the same sentence. I also think he was the best thing about the book (unpopular opinion I know). Only downside is he was slightly cold when I met him, but I’ll forgive that given he must have been signing the 2000th book that day and listening to the 2000th person explain how he’s helped change their life etc. Respect to the Jewish Brad!
Agreed! I felt he had some many great moments on Hot Sauce Committee. Especially Long Burn the Fire. The whole song is just building up for him to take it down.
Old 09-25-2020, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiberish View Post
Did they ever take the Hardcore shows out of the show?
TT5B tour, and of course before that they had a long hiatus where the rare few shows they did were pure hip-hop (there might have been exceptions, not sure). So between the end of the Hello Nasty tour and The Mix Up they weren't really doing songs like Time for Livin' or Heart Attack Man.

Of course Mike has always been great live, but in this set and other ones I've watched from the mid-late 2000s he's even stood out from MCA and Ad-Rock (who are both still great, of course). Just going nuts, getting the crowd hyped between songs, taking a break from vocals to play percussion on the same song. He seems more confident and energetic than ever.

And yeah it is pretty weird that there's no TT5B or Mix Up stuff at all in this set. I wonder if it had something to do with the remasters coming out in 2009.

If this is gonna be that kind of party, I'ma stick my dick in the mashed potatoes!

Old 09-25-2020, 04:20 PM
R.I.P. Brooklyn

This was great.

A little shocking to see them open and rip through time for living and super disco breaking to a rather subdued crowd, boisterous but not rowdy just how I like it
Old 09-25-2020, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulb View Post

Blocked :/
Old 09-25-2020, 09:40 PM
NYC Brouhaha Division

Quote:
Originally Posted by brmanuk View Post
bonnaroo uploaded the link, good through the weekend
enjoy it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oNDwGtL3cQ

Long Burn The Fire. Rest In Peace Adam.

Old 09-25-2020, 11:14 PM
CANADA'S BIGGEST BBOY FAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by brmanuk View Post
Ive been bamboozled.

http://mic-to-mic.blogspot.com/

Old 09-26-2020, 05:26 AM
begs to differ

So Watcha Want - MCA when Breathe hits is EVERYTHING

So grateful to finally have a copy of this show
Old 09-26-2020, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by balohna View Post
TT5B tour, and of course before that they had a long hiatus where the rare few shows they did were pure hip-hop (there might have been exceptions, not sure). So between the end of the Hello Nasty tour and The Mix Up they weren't really doing songs like Time for Livin' or Heart Attack Man.

Of course Mike has always been great live, but in this set and other ones I've watched from the mid-late 2000s he's even stood out from MCA and Ad-Rock (who are both still great, of course). Just going nuts, getting the crowd hyped between songs, taking a break from vocals to play percussion on the same song. He seems more confident and energetic than ever.

And yeah it is pretty weird that there's no TT5B or Mix Up stuff at all in this set. I wonder if it had something to do with the remasters coming out in 2009.
I believe you!

I saw them on the TT5B tour, and sadly that was the last time I saw them I chose to not go to the TMU tour because I erroneously believed I would have many more bboy tours to catch them on. I could only afford one show that summer, and my buddies convinced me to see Kanye. It was the WORST concert I have ever been to. Though Lupe and Common were tight. I'm actually just starting to dip back into Kanye, all these years later to see what he's been up to.

anyways, tangent aside. If you told me they played hardcore at TT5B I would believe you as well. My memory is shit for little things like that.

message board

Old 09-26-2020, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklyndust View Post
Agreed! I felt he had some many great moments on Hot Sauce Committee. Especially Long Burn the Fire. The whole song is just building up for him to take it down.
Yes! Mike D consistently improves his game on each album. You can tell he puts the work in. on the off season.

I really love his performance on SAY IT as well. That has become my favorite deep cut by the band, and I think he is the glue on that track.

message board

Old 09-26-2020, 05:23 PM

^^^ re: Mike D, I always thought he completely bossed Too Many Rappers as well. But Long Burn The Fire is his moment, absolute fire.

Absolutely loved the Bonnaroo show incidentally. As much as I dig the AIFST concept and execution, I’d rather have a hard copy of this sort of show filmed normally etc any day. Even the sound is preferable for me. My dream is for some sort of multi-disc live release covering all eras.

While it’s a shame they didn’t throw in any Mix Up or 5 Boroughs material, they did at the other shows around this time. I think the Baltimore show for instance is a latter day holy grail of sorts if any recording exists - 30 song set list, intimate setting, and as Bonnaroo demonstrates: the Beastie Boys performing arguably better than ever.

All of this is very bittersweet obviously. First and foremost the world was obviously robbed of a great man (and specifically husband, father, son etc). But from a more selfish point of view, we lost a great late golden era for the group we love.

Quote:
DIAMOND: He wishes he could be here right now. So do we.

Old 09-27-2020, 12:53 AM

Quote:
^^^ re: Mike D, I always thought he completely bossed Too Many Rappers as well. But Long Burn The Fire is his moment, absolute fire.

Absolutely loved the Bonnaroo show incidentally. As much as I dig the AIFST concept and execution, I’d rather have a hard copy of this sort of show filmed normally etc any day. Even the sound is preferable for me. My dream is for some sort of multi-disc live release covering all eras.

While it’s a shame they didn’t throw in any Mix Up or 5 Boroughs material, they did at the other shows around this time. I think the Baltimore show for instance is a latter day holy grail of sorts if any recording exists - 30 song set list, intimate setting, and as Bonnaroo demonstrates: the Beastie Boys performing arguably better than ever.

All of this is very bittersweet obviously. First and foremost the world was obviously robbed of a great man (and specifically husband, father, son etc). But from a more selfish point of view, we lost a great late golden era for the group we love.
I agree with all that you wrote

"I don't wanna go to a health farm,I just wanna have a good time"

Old 09-27-2020, 07:02 AM
Music est. 1986

Quote:
Agreed. Instead of releasing another greatest hits album, I would rather own a mastered hard copy of this show. An official live album with great sound quality. It would be great if they had some kind of DVD package with this show and Beastie Boys story. Maybe add extra scenes that didn't make the documentary.
Old 09-27-2020, 12:09 PM

has anyone ripped the audio and shared for this jawn yet?
Old 09-27-2020, 01:23 PM
rebel in black

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulb View Post
Blocked here as well....

Anyone have a rip as my computer's on the blink I can't watch it properly, and I'd like to have it for forever...

So This Is What I've Got To Say To You All
Be True To Yourself And You Will Never Fall

Old 09-27-2020, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklyndust View Post
Agreed. Instead of releasing another greatest hits album, I would rather own a mastered hard copy of this show. An official live album with great sound quality. It would be great if they had some kind of DVD package with this show and Beastie Boys story. Maybe add extra scenes that didn't make the documentary.
It might be hard to release an official live album with all the samples Mix Master Mike uses during the shows.

I also noticed that the new greatest hits album is not being released by Capitol records. It's being released by a different record company.
Old 09-27-2020, 11:46 PM
CANADA'S BIGGEST BBOY FAN

Well Bonnaroo made the video private, so I tried mine again, I guess it will work until its pulled: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Elxp4u6YMkY

http://mic-to-mic.blogspot.com/

Old 09-28-2020, 03:40 AM
Current Member

Well, it’s gone. Watched it at least 20 times.

Shout at the Devil!

Old 09-28-2020, 06:45 AM

It really was wonderful. Watched it several more times once i figured out how to watch YouTube on my tv. It’s affirming to know that they were as good as I remember.
Old 09-28-2020, 10:37 AM
NYC Brouhaha Division

Quote:

As much as I dig the AIFST concept and execution, I’d rather have a hard copy of this sort of show filmed normally etc any day. Even the sound is preferable for me. My dream is for some sort of multi-disc live release covering all eras.

I think I may have had this same sentiment for the first time ever once I watched Pass the Mic at Bonnaroo. that's the song in AIFST that they take a piss in the urinal and the audio cuts out from the song on stage.

this last weekend was such a great way to connect with fans and friends and with Beastie Boys and their music again. I was blasting Hot Sauce 2 for the first time in a long time and just loved going back in time as bittersweet as this has all been.

it's all been so cathartic, leading from the book, to the shows, to the movie, to this wonderfully presented and brilliantly performed final gig.

whatever comes next I'm looking forward to looking backwards.

Long Burn The Fire. Rest In Peace Adam.

Last edited by YoungRemy : 09-28-2020 at 10:39 AM.
Old 09-28-2020, 01:54 PM
hip!

I have it in 1080p, but it's over 2GB so not that easy to share.

well, that's just awesome then

Old 09-29-2020, 07:51 AM

Enjoy!

http://www.mediafire.com/file/owj8ou...e+Bon.mp4/file