Old 05-04-2012, 08:51 PM

Default Re: TMZ : "YAUCH DEAD"

I've never been devastated by any celebrity's passing, never close to tears, but adam's passing is the first.

I've grown up with the boys. Only a few years off their's. From high school to college to marriage to children. I've seen them many times in many different venues, mostly nyc, big/small, tours/charities/causes.

When they were partying, I was right there with them. When they realized there were bigger concerns, I was there. Families, check.

I can't think of any artists that have had as profound an effect as the beasties, Adam Yauch especially. RIP MCA you will never be forgotten.
Old 05-04-2012, 08:56 PM
▫▪▪ in wires ▫▪▪

Adam ♥ be blessed on your Bardo journey with the brightest light.

this was made up and is not true ~ tpk

Old 05-04-2012, 09:02 PM

Adam-

You influenced my life in many ways.

Prayers and positive thoughts to the Yauch family and Adam and Mike.

MCA, I know I will see you again, playing new music on new worlds someday.

God Bless you, Brother.
Old 05-04-2012, 09:07 PM

Still praying for Yauch as well as his family. My heart is heavy and I feel as if I have lost a close friend. You have been such a positive inspiration in my life MCA. You helped to put me on a good path. I dedicate all that I have that is good to you.
Old 05-04-2012, 09:07 PM

Not much to say that already has not been said. Totally sucks.

I am glad I had a chance to see them a couple times in the last few years. I remember being like 12 and wanting to go see them but didn't end up going to a show until their Chicago show in 2007 when I was 31. I was in the front row just to the right of center and it was the perfect night. Then in 2008 at the rock the vote concert in Milwaukee. I'll never forget those nights.
Old 05-04-2012, 09:23 PM
I'm flowing prose to cons

Quote:
Originally Posted by beasties#1fan View Post
I just got enough strength to post something on here. As I'm shaking writing this, i don't expect anyone to read my thoughts, and what I'm about to write, i say this because there is over 100 comments on here already, but i feel like i need to get this off my chest.
Numb, isn't a strong enough word of how i felt today.
Devastated, isn't a strong enough word of what i went through today.
The list can go on and on, but to be brutally honest, I HAVE NEVER felt the way i did today. I was in complete and utter shock, i mean words cant even describe. I cried so much i threw up, i went insane, and i still think its a nightmare. I KNOW he's not in pain anymore, which is wonderful. It hurts me to know that he was suffering, i didnt know he's condition was THAT bad, i heard rumors, but to tell you the truth, i never though anything negative about the beasties, i always just had positive vibes.. But i was (and will be) emotionally and physically in pain from today. It came out of NOWHERE, i heard about it in my 3rd period class, and i nearly fainted. i was a WRECK. and i didnt care, i was BAWLING, i feel to the floor, and i could give two fucks of who was watching me and what they thought. I've never felt so weak. So many things were rushing through my head, and i could have done something today....but I'm not going to get in to that.
I cant imagine what Yauchs parents, daughter, wife, and 2 brothers/best friends are going through, i truly cant.
Today marked the most tragic experience in my life. I lost someone that i truly loved with all my heart. Nobody will understand what i went through today. Adam Nathanial Yauch was not only my idol, but someone that i respected and he honestly CHANGED MY LIFE. As many said the same thing, it means more to me. I'm still and will be for a while emotionally and physically in pain, but as much as it has broken my heart, i still want to have positive thoughts, as he had a wonderful life. I don't care what anyone thinks, i am and always will be Beastie Boys #1fan.
He's not in pain anymore.

im in loss of words, im completely shocked. i could go on and on, but all i know is that he meant the world to me.
I am here for you girl. Anything you need.

I'll never turn back 'cause that's the way I've got to live.....

https://twitter.com/beastieboysnews

Old 05-04-2012, 09:30 PM

Like everyone else here, I am crushed.

However, its times like these that make you realize how lucky you are.

I feel lucky to have had the chance to experience Yauch's amazing art, passion and vision. He changed my life, and helped me see the magic in music. The Beastie Boys have always been there for me. Through thick and thin, they have been the soundtrack to my entire life. I am thankful that I discovered them, and appreciated them for what they were. I'm thankful I saw past the LTI era, and was able to mature alongside the Beasties... and I am thankful they gave me something to truly care about (their music).

I also feel lucky to have experienced this amazing band with all of you on this message board. I can truly say you all are amazing... I hope this board survives, and I hope you all stay... to celebrate the legacy Yauch left behind.

Although his life was cut short, he was able to do things most only dream of. He traveled the world, created amazing art, brought millions of smiles to people's faces, all the while remaining humble, charitable, and charming. I hope to be half the man Yauch was one day.... Rest in peace my friend. rest in peace.
Old 05-04-2012, 09:36 PM

My 3 year old walking in while I'm
watching Awesome I shot that in tribute (I was there that night) and saying "I like this" makes it better and just shows the lasting impact the bboys and mca have. It just brings warmth to my heart and, unfortunately, tears to my eyes.

My thoughts are with adam's family, mike d and adrock and everyone who is friend, family and fan...way too soon.
Old 05-04-2012, 09:37 PM
crazyobessionw/bboys

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoLovesMCA View Post
I am here for you girl. Anything you need.
Thanks Jo. That means a lot

I Love Adam Yauch.
I truly lost apart of myself.
Rap in peace my beautiful friend.

Old 05-04-2012, 09:44 PM
The Illest Jew-O-Rican!!!

I still would like to hear Adrock and Mike's comments on this. I know we got an official statement from the band, but I would really like to hear them say something in their own words. It probably won't happen today or tomorrow or even a week from now, though.

Also, I'm guessing there won't be some sort of public memorial for him. I get the feeling his family would rather do this privately 100%.

We Love You MCA!

Old 05-04-2012, 09:50 PM

I heard this from my boss after only being at work for 20 mins this morning. I was shocked and without words. I've been dreading this day for a while. It was so hard bring at work today and not being able to let my emotions out. My boss played beastie buys all day and it made it that much harder. My wife picked me up, we got supper then went to our local doughnut shop. They were blaring ill communication, you could hear it from the parking lot. Then I saw they had a special doughnut called the mca with his pic above it. I had been holding my emotions in all day and once I saw that I started to loose it. Now that I'm home I can't stop crying
Old 05-04-2012, 10:02 PM

There are condolences coming in from people who aren't even fans of the band, but respect what he's done in music and in life. I think *that* right there shows just how much of an impact he's had and what kind of a person he was.

We Love You MCA!

Old 05-04-2012, 10:11 PM
A.K.A Emma Horovitz

R.I.P Adam

Gone far too soon...
Old 05-04-2012, 10:15 PM

I hate the title of this thread. I'm ready for a new thread.
Old 05-04-2012, 10:38 PM

?uest Love started off Late Night With Jimmy Fallon by screaming "YAUCH! YAUCH! YAUCH!" He also has a Beastie Boys logo on one of his drums.

The Roots are playing Beastie songs all show.

Fallon did a special cut in to pay tribute and showed a little bit of the Beasties performing "So What'cha Want?" on his show.

We Love You MCA!

Last edited by M.C. Guevera : 05-04-2012 at 10:53 PM.
Old 05-04-2012, 10:54 PM

Unhappy Re: TMZ : "YAUCH DEAD"

Like many of you, the Beasties were the soundtrack to my life. I first "discovered" them and became instantly obcessed with them at the age of 15. I'm now 31. The only thing I loved more than their music was seeing them live. Some of the best memories of my life involve the crazy antics my friends and I would get into to get to one of their shows. The high I would feel at the show and for weeks afterwards was unlike anything I've ever felt before, and the thing that crushes me the most personally is knowing I will never have that feeling again.

One of the all time highlights of my life was seeing them at Hiro - just talking about it, seeing the bootlegged DVD, or listening to the audio I ripped off of it to play in my car would make me so happy it would nearly bring me to tears. For whatever reason, it was that powerful of an experience and I'll always feel lucky to have something like that in my life at my disposal that brings me so much happiness.

I'm from just outside NYC but currently living in Sydney, Australia. When I heard my iPhone blowing up from posts on my Facebook page I knew something terrible had happened. When I saw all the condolences from my friends and family at home who knew how much the boys meant to me, I burst into tears and have been a wreck since. It really caught me off guard because it's not like me at all - its not how I grieve. I barely shed a tear for the passing of friends and family and never give a crap about a "celebrities" passing but with Adam's passing it feels like a piece of ME died. That sounds insanely self-centered (which is the last thing Adam would want) but its the sad truth.

My thoughts and prayers go out to his family, the boys, and the rest of you on here who have been impacted by Adam as I have. R.I.P. - today is the day for me that the music died.
Old 05-04-2012, 10:56 PM
Van Bram Coneslayer

Default Damn...

Pass me the scalpel, I'll make an incision
I'll cut off the part of your brain that does the bitching
Put it in formaldehyde and put it on the shelf
And you can show it to your friends and say that's my old self
Old 05-04-2012, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterMikeD View Post
Like many of you, the Beasties were the soundtrack to my life. I first "discovered" them and became instantly obcessed with them at the age of 15. I'm now 31. The only thing I loved more than their music was seeing them live. Some of the best memories of my life involve the crazy antics my friends and I would get into to get to one of their shows. The high I would feel at the show and for weeks afterwards was unlike anything I've ever felt before, and the thing that crushes me the most personally is knowing I will never have that feeling again.

One of the all time highlights of my life was seeing them at Hiro - just talking about it, seeing the bootlegged DVD, or listening to the audio I ripped off of it to play in my car would make me so happy it would nearly bring me to tears. For whatever reason, it was that powerful of an experience and I'll always feel lucky to have something like that in my life at my disposal that brings me so much happiness.

I'm from just outside NYC but currently living in Sydney, Australia. When I heard my iPhone blowing up from posts on my Facebook page I knew something terrible had happened. When I saw all the condolences from my friends and family at home who knew how much the boys meant to me, I burst into tears and have been a wreck since. It really caught me off guard because it's not like me at all - its not how I grieve. I barely shed a tear for the passing of friends and family and never give a crap about a "celebrities" passing but with Adam's passing it feels like a piece of ME died. That sounds insanely self-centered (which is the last thing Adam would want) but its the sad truth.

My thoughts and prayers go out to his family, the boys, and the rest of you on here who have been impacted by Adam as I have. R.I.P. - today is the day for me that the music died.
By the way, if you ever see the Hiro videos, I'm the guy in front with the red hat. Being able to show that to my unconcieved kids and grandkids someday is something I'll always feel blessed to be able to do.
Old 05-04-2012, 10:59 PM

fallon just did a tiny little tribute to yauch... roots will be playing all beatsie boys tonight (it's on now)

nbc
Old 05-04-2012, 11:15 PM

Yauch's mom:

Quote:
Adam's mother, France Yauch spoke this afternoon to the New York Times,

Mr. Yauch’s mother said he died at 9 a.m. on Friday at New York-Presbyterian Hospital in Manhattan with his parents, his in-laws, his wife, Dechen Wangdu, and his 13-year-old daughter, Tenzin Losel Yauch, at his bedside. He had been admitted to the hospital on April 14 after a three-year battle with cancer of the salivary gland. He was conscious until the end.

“He was a very courageous person,” his mother, Frances Yauch, said. “He fought a long battle with cancer. He was hopeful to the very end.”

Mrs. Yauch said had been undergoing chemotherapy this spring, but his health deteriorated rapidly over the last two weeks. “It all just seemed to happen overnight,” she said. She added: “He was a terrific guy and had a brief but really wonderful life. We are really proud of him.”

Read more: http://globalgrind.com/news/adam-yau...#ixzz1ty4Cbla9
--http://globalgrind.com/news/adam-yau...dies-47-photos

We Love You MCA!

Old 05-04-2012, 11:52 PM
Crazy Girl

How it is possible to fall apart just knowing Adam is gone? I never knew him on a personal level but he was a massive part of my life. I can only imagine the pain his family and friends are going through. I hope he knew how many lives he touched and how greatly he will be missed. I would love to be celebrating his life right now but can't seem to stop crying. Perhaps tomorrow when the shock wears off a little. So many hearts are aching tonight.

Much love to MCA, his family, Ad-Rock and Mike D, and to all those who are hurting today.

<3 MCA we will miss you...
Old 05-05-2012, 12:04 AM

Yesterday in the Netherlands we were commemorating all the people who died in WWII, and just after that my friend called to say that MCA had passed away. I was shocked to hear that. I didn't even knew that Adam was sick

ADAM, Thanks for all you gave us!
Great music, cool and inspiring video clips and artwork, and of course the whole way and style you and the guys did it. Marvelous, great, dope!

Thank you for all you have done while being here with us!!!
Rest in peace bro!

Greets,
Tony
p.s. say hi to Shakyamuni Buddha for me will you
Old 05-05-2012, 12:16 AM
Beasties#2fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by werfreaks View Post
How it is possible to fall apart just knowing Adam is gone? I never knew him on a personal level but he was a massive part of my life.
You're not alone in that respect. Grown man here, and I've been choked up all day... Some knew him, others like us knew him in our own way through the music. I don't know how anyone who knew him personally feels right now, but I totally understand the rest of us.. He was like a long distance friend who only e-mailed every once in a while. New album, Interview, magazine photos, we knew he was ok.... Until now.

www.Beastiemixes.com
Beastie Boys Remix Hosting/Downloads, Rare Tracks. blah, Blah, etc...
---------------------------
www.Beastieboyslive.com
Live Show Downloads

Old 05-05-2012, 01:21 AM

The world will never be the same again. I was 9 years old in 1986 when Licenced to Ill came out. That was also the year that my dad died. It was a hard year for me, but the Beasties helped me through it. I played that tape over and over again until it wouldn't play anymore. Since then, I have bought and loved every single B-Boys album and have absolutely worn each one of them out. In no small way, Beastie Boys has been part of the soundtrack to my life. No matter what kind of mood I was in, I could always count on the Beasties to make me smile and feel like a kid again. I'm incredibly sad right now to think that it's over. A world without Beastie Boys is no kind of world at all. Thank you, Mr. Yauch, for giving so much happiness, innocence, and pure joy to the world. You were one of a kind. Your passing leaves a hole in the world that will never again be filled... but your music will live forever. Beastie Boys for life!
Old 05-05-2012, 01:28 AM
I always get my sin

Pussy Galore's Flying Circus

Old 05-05-2012, 01:32 AM

ciao MCA
Old 05-05-2012, 01:47 AM

I remember getting the 'Houston we have a problem...' announcement in 2009 and being gutted, but until the Rock and Roll Hall of fame I never thought It'd come to this. I'm so sad about this; I've never cried over a celebrity death before. Adam (and the rest of the Beasties) have been my musical idols for almost a decade now and he had an extremely positive influence on my life. Not only in how I appreciate music but how I appreciate other people. Adam talked about accepting other people who are different to yourself in order to create a harmonious world and that's something I've believed ever since I got into the Beasties' albums. Adam raised awareness for issues and things that I would never have otherwise known about and he just seemed like such a cool, positive guy to be around. Not only that, but he had awesome wacky rhymes, too

"Jump out of a window on to a parade balloon,
My style is iller than the goblins in Troll 2"

I'm going to see Troll 2 (for the first time) tonight at the cinema.

My thoughts go out to his family and friends.

RIP
Old 05-05-2012, 01:51 AM

Life is so unfair...
I have no words, only sadness

F*
Italy
Old 05-05-2012, 02:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrockmikedmca View Post
Can we have an official, unofficial memorium for MCA on BROOKLYN Bridge this Sunday May 6... Someone must have access to some speakers, a mic and some words to say to adam... bring flowers we can decorate the bridge with love and boddhisatva vow for the man who started it all....

What time is good on Sunday... Wear your Beastie's shirts this weekend NYC... lets all get together UNITE...

Is there anything official for MCA going on in NYC... im making the voyage to pay some homage and would love to be somewhere where we can unite our thoughts and prayers for he believed in the power of meditation and sending vibes .. lets send him on his way with all our vibes this day...
Old 05-05-2012, 02:08 AM

I've only ever given a fuck about 3 famous people.
People i've not seen in years contacted me last night,because when people think of me they think of the Beastie Boys.
This will change my life,just like when I first heard the Beastie Boys.