Go Back   Beastie Boys Message Board > Beastie Boys > Frequent Post Archive

Old 10-04-2004, 05:27 AM
Registered pyromaniac

Default Ex-Prodigy disses Beastie Boys

Check this out..So Liam Howlett(or whatever) said on Mtv that the Beastie boys "are losers and their new album is junk" Sheesh

Alright....Who stole my napalm?

Old 10-04-2004, 05:34 AM
4thbeastieboy

Default Re: Ex-Prodigy disses Beastie Boys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo_pyromaniack
Check this out..So Liam Howlett(or whatever) said on Mtv that the Beastie boys "are losers and their new album is junk" Sheesh
He's just bitter his recent album bombed. Check the @Press@ forum, theres a link on there also to an article on this subject
Old 10-04-2004, 05:37 AM
KRS - DUN

the beasties should get sasquatch to kick his ass.

let me clear my throat

Old 10-04-2004, 05:39 AM
en korvbit balanserade...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunny
the beasties should get sasquatch to kick his ass.
yeah!!!
btw, geo_pyromaniack (or whatever) this is old news...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futterman's
I dont know very well the new.But,yes,the hardcore is shit(Excepts music).
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexandra's mom
"duvor är fina och fet, som hönsor."

Old 10-04-2004, 10:35 AM

fuck prodigy they stole there name from mobb deeps p, bunch of fairys
Old 10-04-2004, 10:39 AM
Bucky Done Good

Round round we go...

Liam Howlett is not ex-Prodigy
The Beastie Boys and Prodigy had a spat a while ago in which Prodigy were clearly in the right
Yes he should stop going on about it but he gets asked in every interview
They got there name from the make of keyboard that everyone used back in the Acid House movement in the UK during the 1980s

etc. etc. etc.

Brap!

Old 10-04-2004, 11:35 AM

What spat? How were the Beasties in the wrong? WTF are you talking about?
Old 10-04-2004, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Syxx
The Beasties were in the wrong. don't talk as if this Parkey guys talkin shit. Reading Festival 98, Beasties asked Prodigy to drop Smack My Bitch Up from their set, and it developed from that (Prodigy said no)

The Beastie have apologised in print since then i believe, but they were in the wrong. as mr Howlett said 'i dont care who you are, no one tells me what i can and can't play'.

Beasties were one of his idols so he didn't take it too well. he's entitled to his opinion on the new album, but it means shit to me and is a shit opinion in my mind.
Old 10-04-2004, 12:55 PM
Bucky Done Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Syxx
At Reading Festival in 1998 the Beasties kicked up a stink about Prodigy playing Smack My Bitch Up. There's loads about it in the Press bit about this mind...

Brap!

Old 10-04-2004, 01:47 PM
Erm...Happy Halloween!

Angry Re: Ex-Prodigy disses Beastie Boys

.....Grrrr.......*Growls in a scary undertone at all the beastie h8ters*

*~Fua~*

Old 10-08-2004, 02:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parkey
Round round we go...

Liam Howlett is not ex-Prodigy
The Beastie Boys and Prodigy had a spat a while ago in which Prodigy were clearly in the right
Yes he should stop going on about it but he gets asked in every interview
They got there name from the make of keyboard that everyone used back in the Acid House movement in the UK during the 1980s

etc. etc. etc.
Tell us more! Is he still in the band? was he originally in Prodigy? Anyway's over it! The bboys is what i'm here for. I love the new album! Genius! I want there babies but already have a boyfriend? Sux!!!

Last edited by GeeGee : 10-08-2004 at 02:41 AM.
Old 10-08-2004, 05:15 AM
Innocent Bystander

http://www.angelfire.com/sd/sidlazpage/

Atleast I know Russell Crowe's band's a fuckin pile of shit.

Old 10-04-2004, 12:45 PM
Banned

Segui il tuo corso e lascia dir la gente!
Old 10-06-2004, 06:53 AM
pacifist

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisd
Segui il tuo corso e lascia dir la gente!
ERICH VON DÄNIKEN RULES . word .
Old 10-06-2004, 08:09 AM

haha ok...

@dog..why should i care what a irrelevant rookie like u is saying? your cheap disses got no effect on me.

to all u amateurs, if u know anything about producing, the new prodigy album is very well produced, it may be not your taste, but the technical execution is definitely excellent. any producer who know shit will agree.

and any producer who know shit will agree that the new beastie album is weak. some tracks even sound like presets of a software programm (it's not but it sounds like). i think that's why liam said it's shit basically. he sees it from the view of a producer. true, unsuspecting 2nd class listeners think it's a great longplayer, that's ok, i mean, they' re average customers but longtime producers know the deal...

@kingadrock...yea true, americans don't give a fuck about prodigy anymore...u guys prefer 50 cent, p-diddy, ja rule, snoop etc etc...welcome to america...hahahahaha...lol

Last edited by Intense : 10-06-2004 at 08:12 AM.
Old 10-06-2004, 08:26 AM

I promised myself to be careful what I say here, (nobody gets my sarcasim or feciousiousness <--is that a word?, or my strange sense of humor but, what have you produced besides that post, intense? As far as beats go, this album surpasses all but PB and CYH. Prodigy sucks IN MY OPINION, and if you like that shit, fine. I own a Barry Manilow cd. I'm not pointing fingers. But, if you consider the new album shit, I have to wonder if you can hear. (No offfense to the hearing impaired.) And, as far as the LTI lyrics go, we've all said things we wish we could take back, especially me. The difference is the time frame. 1986 and 1996 or whatever are 10 years apart and the lyrics are changed in live performances. And how friggin' bored am I to spend this much time arguing with a PRODUCER OF THE MEGASTARS! Guess I should go talk to a real person!!!!!!

P.S. Yeah, I make fun of MYSELF more than others. To the cool peeps on the board, I'm usually joking, I live to have fun and don't mean any harm.

Yeah I want the Cheezy Poofs!

Old 10-06-2004, 09:15 AM
you fucking lemmings...

yeah....i gotta side with those on this thread (intense, runoutgroove, ect) that feel that the boys were waaaaaaaay off that day in 98'.

the song was NOT meant to promote misogynistic violence....at all.
any more then saying "i'm gonna beat your punk ass" is diss to punk rockers.

the phrase "smack my bitch up" is to be taken in the same vien as "so good, makes you wanna slap your mamma" and such.
it's a GENERIC, exclammotory phrase that means "fire it up", ect.

Anyone with the tinyest bit of pop culture savy should be able to decipher this.....including the beastie boys.
and i HAVE to believe they knew this....unless they are truly out of touch with the world around them.
which is why i always thought that whole instance was a publicity stunt of sorts on the behalf of the Beasties...and a pander to the liberal "PC" left.
it really sucked.

and even if prodigy actually meant for the song to be pro-women beating.
so what?....
i am so fuckin sick of liberals and conservatives alike who claim that media (TV and music...books, ect) can induce violent activity.
does any moron out there truly believe the someone is going to hear "smack my bitch up" and say "ohh......man, it's about time i did smack my bitch up....yeah!!"
come the fuck on!!
anyone who does what a song or book or movie says ALREADY HAS A PREDALICTION TO VIOLENCE, ect. In other words, they are already fucked up.
it's not the media...it's the pre-existing mind.
media will not cause an otherwise law abiding, good natured person to commit violence. that's fucking ludicris and not backed up by a shred of scientific evidence. NONE!
name one REPEATED, substantiated study that shows this....

i can go on....but i'll wait for a reply to this.....

and please, no "but we as a society have to take a general stand against any negative messaging blah blah blah"

such vague, unsubstantiated "feel good" mantras......pathetic and shallow.
Old 10-07-2004, 06:41 AM
ooh baby i like it raw

[quote=Intense]haha ok...

@dog..why should i care what a irrelevant rookie like u is saying? your cheap disses got no effect on me.

i presume you are referring to me or is there an @dog somewhere here? anyway, in what way am i AN irrelevant rookie? please explain. do you mean rookie as in a new beasties fan/prodigy fan/message board user? really in the dark here. i'll dash each one now anyway. hardly a new beasties fan, bought LTI and the singles when they came out. bought ...experience and singles when released. ok, maybe don't use the message board that much but was using the old one for a few years. don't feel the need to be a total fanatic. love the music and know what i need to know about the group. so, how am i a rookie?
ha, after all this you probably will be responding to an @dog on the board somewhere! if so, oops, my bad.
Old 10-10-2004, 09:48 AM
Drinkin' up the Shasta

Ya' know, I once had a letter published in SPIN magazine defending the Beastie Boys..... It had Fred Durst on the cover.....back when Hello Nasty came out. I was filled with pride.
Old 10-10-2004, 11:36 AM
Groupie # 04959

how rude! no one disses the Beasties! they rock!

I'm Mike-d and I get respect! your cash and your jewelry is wat i expect!

Old 10-13-2004, 04:23 PM
Marijayadro

Angry Re: Ex-Prodigy disses Beastie Boys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo_pyromaniack
to say the beasties suck, you gotta be stupid and you gotta have lack of creativity. didn't you listen to yo mama when she said try somethin new?

Marcia B

Old 11-02-2004, 05:46 PM

undefinedundefinedHowlett was probably worried about ticket sales for his gig in Manchester in December, The Beasties are playin the same night. Our boys are playing Manchesters premier central arena whereas Howlett's Prodigy are stuck in the sticks in the 3.000 capacity Ardwick Apollo - jealous as, I'd say! By the way, will the Beasties be doin' anything promotionalwise in Manchester in December prior to the gig, does anyone know??
Old 11-06-2004, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegoat2002blue
undefinedundefinedHowlett was probably worried about ticket sales for his gig in Manchester in December, The Beasties are playin the same night. Our boys are playing Manchesters premier central arena whereas Howlett's Prodigy are stuck in the sticks in the 3.000 capacity Ardwick Apollo - jealous as, I'd say! By the way, will the Beasties be doin' anything promotionalwise in Manchester in December prior to the gig, does anyone know??
Yeah, I bet Liam is really worried considering The Prodigy gig sold out in a day. I was surprised to see that The Beastie Boys Manchester gig still has tickets available. If you knew anything about The Prodigy you would know that they play smaller venues on purpose. They don't like playing arenas. They would rather do three nights in a 3000 capacity venue than one night in a stadium where they look like ants to the people at the back.
Old 11-08-2004, 04:43 PM

Hey, come on Fella, the only reason the Prodigy sold out their gigs at the Apollo was cos every ticket tout in Manchester though they were gonna make a killing - check out eBay and see how many are on there! Any one can sell out the Apollo, these days, even Joss Stone, who in keeping with the Prodigy, has also released a crap album this year!!
Old 11-09-2004, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegoat2002blue
Hey, come on Fella, the only reason the Prodigy sold out their gigs at the Apollo was cos every ticket tout in Manchester though they were gonna make a killing - check out eBay and see how many are on there! Any one can sell out the Apollo, these days, even Joss Stone, who in keeping with the Prodigy, has also released a crap album this year!!
It would seem I can't reason with anyone here.

Let's agree to disagree.

Instead of dissing The Prodigy concentrate on enjoying The Beastie Boys music. I will continue to like the music of both The Prodigy and The Beastie Boys.

Time for everyone to let this topic rest in peace.

Last edited by James Jupiter : 11-09-2004 at 03:12 PM.
Old 07-08-2009, 11:22 AM

Talking Re: Ex-Prodigy disses Beastie Boys

Yes this episode found in the Uk festival in 1998 :-) Adrock Dissies eX pRODIGY
Old 05-26-2010, 01:15 PM
moog record king

i am a huge beastie fan, but they were wrong. this has nothing to do with musical taste, personally i think prodigy sucks, my opinion comes from the fact that, the beasties boys were very hypocrital. i know the boys have transformed over the years and are more conscious, but do you think if some band or madonna (when they opened for her) told them they catn perform "girls?"...that song is way more offensive than "smack my b--- up"...that takse me to my second point. the beasties, of all peolple, should know that is a sample from ultramagnetic mc's, one of the most creative, funky, unique hip hop groups of all time. did you diss kook keith back in '88? you're telling me yauch, you interpret all rappers to actaully do what they say and it is all true? did you actually shoot a man in brooklyn just to watch him die? damn, how did you not get caught? i am still a hardcore beastie head but never understood that issue with prodigy. btw, kool g rap would be in jail for murdering about 3000 dudes and i believe he still walks the streets a free man

Last edited by mister jason : 05-26-2010 at 01:17 PM.