Go Back   Beastie Boys Message Board > Beastie Boys > Frequent Post Archive

Old 07-29-2010, 03:06 PM

Default Re: Ex-Prodigy disses Beastie Boys

I find it interesting when the Beastie Boys project themselves as moralists, yet openly disrespect Jesus Christ and any form of Bible related morality. I do not mean to start a theological debate, however to argue what is right and wrong from your own world view and expect it to be the medium for all humans is hypocritical at best. Morals without God is empty and meaningless, and never brings about truth or enlightenment for that matter. If the Beastie Boys want to do what is right, then they should just do it, rather than waste energy removing a speck from the eye of another man when they too are just as lost as the next. Free Tibet? How about the fact that people in China,India, and the Middle East TODAY are killed for believing in Christ? Man is responsible for his own actions and thoughts, don't rebuttal this statement with examples of horrific things that men have done in the name of God, please dig a little bit deeper than that. I love the beasties, so please don't think I'm just spraying nonsense here, its just an observation based on morals and the post modern worlds lack of "telos" (Purpose of existence).
Old 08-01-2010, 02:14 AM
I'm flowing prose to cons

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingcrimson024 View Post
I find it interesting when the Beastie Boys project themselves as moralists, yet openly disrespect Jesus Christ and any form of Bible related morality. I do not mean to start a theological debate, however to argue what is right and wrong from your own world view and expect it to be the medium for all humans is hypocritical at best. Morals without God is empty and meaningless, and never brings about truth or enlightenment for that matter. If the Beastie Boys want to do what is right, then they should just do it, rather than waste energy removing a speck from the eye of another man when they too are just as lost as the next. Free Tibet? How about the fact that people in China,India, and the Middle East TODAY are killed for believing in Christ? Man is responsible for his own actions and thoughts, don't rebuttal this statement with examples of horrific things that men have done in the name of God, please dig a little bit deeper than that. I love the beasties, so please don't think I'm just spraying nonsense here, its just an observation based on morals and the post modern worlds lack of "telos" (Purpose of existence).
Well I can't argue with you there. Would be a good question to ask them I guess why is the defense for Tibet so different compared to helping Christians who were persecuted. I mean the BB's aren't perfect anyway, they might be questioning and searching things out themselves. Anyway good points you made.

I'll never turn back 'cause that's the way I've got to live.....

https://twitter.com/beastieboysnews

Old 08-12-2010, 02:09 PM
Peace & Love

Quote:
I find it interesting when the Beastie Boys project themselves as moralists, yet openly disrespect Jesus Christ and any form of Bible related morality. I do not mean to start a theological debate, however to argue what is right and wrong from your own world view and expect it to be the medium for all humans is hypocritical at best. Morals without God is empty and meaningless, and never brings about truth or enlightenment for that matter (Purpose of existence).
You set the criteria for a higher power. A man made decision of judgment on your own man made belief system.

I disagree that morals without (your conception of god) are empty and meaningless. Truth and enlightenment are all around those who choose to seek truth and enlightenment.

You've made a judgment call based on Bible related morality. That would be considered hypocritical at best by well over a few billion earthlings who also believe in a power greater than themselves.

Live and Let Live.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YXKLqVCz8SA
I'm going dowwwwwn
[/url]

Old 08-12-2010, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeahwho View Post
You set the criteria for a higher power. A man made decision of judgment on your own man made belief system.

I disagree that morals without (your conception of god) are empty and meaningless. Truth and enlightenment are all around those who choose to seek truth and enlightenment.

You've made a judgment call based on Bible related morality. That would be considered hypocritical at best by well over a few billion earthlings who also believe in a power greater than themselves.

Live and Let Live.
I do not buy into the post modern illusion that truth is relative and not absolute. Morals based on the assumptions and criteria of each individual and how they perceive it is fundamentally flawed. By that method you are setting the foundation on inevitable hypocrisy. You claim that my beliefs are man made, and that is insulting. However, this life as human beings is a gift with a purpose and meaning. Each soul is not without intrinsic value. To make gross accusations that the Prophets and Christ are fabrications conjured by men is wildly inaccurate and ignorant of historical and spiritual truth. Your right about there being billions of humans who reject it, the path to salvation is narrow but the path to wickedness is wide. I pray that all will come to him, especially those who hate what he has to say. The truth will set you free. "The stone which the builders rejected, This became the chief corner stone;...."
Old 08-12-2010, 09:08 PM
Peace & Love

Your judgment of others is man made, that is the crux. You've posted on here your beliefs and that they are the only way.

You make me want to run from whatever version of Christ you are selling.

What you know about anyone here on this board is a preconceived notion. Yet you've decided to chide and judge with a dogma that actually hinders your intended result, to have folks become enlightened through the Bible.

Smite away. Seems like that is your favorite part of Christianity. Unless you have some other sort of form to attract people to your beliefs how the fuck are you going to ever achieve the goal God wants?

Being kind is not a character defect, a loving God would see that as an asset. You made a judgment and I made a judgment back. Man made both of them. If you think God is speaking through you and not me then perhaps you've judged billions of others too, on a daily basis.

I'm going dowwwwwn
[/url]

Old 08-13-2010, 12:49 AM

Quote:
Your judgment of others is man made, that is the crux. You've posted on here your beliefs and that they are the only way.

What you know about anyone here on this board is a preconceived notion. Yet you've decided to chide and judge with a dogma that actually hinders your intended result, to have folks become enlightened through the Bible.

Smite away. Seems like that is your favorite part of Christianity. Unless you have some other sort of form to attract people to your beliefs how the fuck are you going to ever achieve the goal God wants?

Being kind is not a character defect, a loving God would see that as an asset. You made a judgment and I made a judgment back. Man made both of them. If you think God is speaking through you and not me then perhaps you've judged billions of others too, on a daily basis.
This is the same old argument once again. When anybody mentions the Prophets or Christ the immediate response is "stop judging". I didn't even say anything about judging, and why would I when I'm just as lost as the next man. All I speak of is the word of God and not my words, so please stop judging me. I can not pretend that the scriptures are lies written been men as easily as you my friend. You can not play the role of the moralist with out running into the source, eventually it is inevitable, for through Adam we all surely die. I never said my teachings are the only way, those words come from Christ. He is the truth and the light.
Old 08-13-2010, 02:18 PM
Peace & Love

I would like to ride around town on a bicycle built for two with you. We can wear straw hats and sing songs as we peddle away down the street our merry way, greeting people with biblical stories wearing our pin stripe shirts with bicycle knickers on.

Perhaps someone will offer us some freshly baked apple pie and lemonade.

I'm going dowwwwwn
[/url]

Old 08-15-2010, 11:32 PM

Quote:
I would like to ride around town on a bicycle built for two with you. We can wear straw hats and sing songs as we peddle away down the street our merry way, greeting people with biblical stories wearing our pin stripe shirts with bicycle knickers on.

You read my mind. haha nice....
Old 09-19-2010, 04:40 PM
Gumbercules?

Change my pitch up. Bump my thread up.

TurdBerglar: no one says fanny pack

Bob: i call it a minge sack

Old 09-24-2010, 09:48 PM
applies gold bond daily

i can't believe dude still holds a grudge

Quote:
People who drink light 'beer' don't like the taste of beer; they just like to pee a lot.

Old 09-28-2010, 02:37 PM
just here for the .gifs

Quote:
I do not buy into the post modern illusion that truth is relative and not absolute. Morals based on the assumptions and criteria of each individual and how they perceive it is fundamentally flawed. By that method you are setting the foundation on inevitable hypocrisy. You claim that my beliefs are man made, and that is insulting. However, this life as human beings is a gift with a purpose and meaning. Each soul is not without intrinsic value. To make gross accusations that the Prophets and Christ are fabrications conjured by men is wildly inaccurate and ignorant of historical and spiritual truth. Your right about there being billions of humans who reject it, the path to salvation is narrow but the path to wickedness is wide. I pray that all will come to him, especially those who hate what he has to say. The truth will set you free. "The stone which the builders rejected, This became the chief corner stone;...."
Quote:

Quote:
This is the same old argument once again. When anybody mentions the Prophets or Christ the immediate response is "stop judging". I didn't even say anything about judging, and why would I when I'm just as lost as the next man. All I speak of is the word of God and not my words, so please stop judging me. I can not pretend that the scriptures are lies written been men as easily as you my friend. You can not play the role of the moralist with out running into the source, eventually it is inevitable, for through Adam we all surely die. I never said my teachings are the only way, those words come from Christ. He is the truth and the light.
Quote:

Quote:
You read my mind. haha nice....

also, just wanted to mention that the beastie boys are jews...so that's probably why they're not super into christ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebasser View Post
So wait, this guy is driving around in his jeep with his cat and his television in the back and he's got his favourite music blaring away and... I think I've missed the point.

Old 01-03-2011, 01:45 PM
Judge Mental

so after reading pauls boutique 33 1/3 I was checking yauch's posts to see if i could find what Dan Le Roy had used from here. Still cant find it but i was genuinely unaware that he had posted in this thread and actually had a word so i felt that worthy of bumping it again

Quote:
Originally Posted by roosta View Post
give it time, we will go in wonderous directions. mainly calling people cunts.

www.beastiemixes.com/Guy Incognito

Old 01-04-2011, 02:42 AM
Beasties#2fan

Listen to the "Dirtchamber Sessions Volume One" seems Liam still has a thing for the Beastie Boys, but this was 1999, so how does this figure in this whole controversy... Pronounced: Controv-ersy.

The way I see it, is, emotions at the time... Do they hate each other? doubt it, it's too small to hate.. It was an annoyance/disturbance in the force at the time, but it's gone now... Just one of those things that happens at the moment...

Life's too short for hate...

www.Beastiemixes.com
Beastie Boys Remix Hosting/Downloads, Rare Tracks. blah, Blah, etc...
---------------------------
www.Beastieboyslive.com
Live Show Downloads

Old 01-07-2011, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorothy Wood View Post

also, just wanted to mention that the beastie boys are jews...so that's probably why they're not super into christ.
yes we all know, i hope, that the beasties are jewish, but being jewish is very unique as it is both a ethnicity and religion. that said, jesus was a jew as well as the first believers, so i'm not sure what your point is there. i was just originally pointing out a moral argument based on an assumption that there is no absolute truth. but really who cares. haha i'm just excited about yauch being cured and the new album and that new short film with danny mcrbide and seth rogan.
Old 01-11-2011, 11:09 AM
I'm flowing prose to cons

This is what makes people unique to me and this is why I respect and appreciate Mike, Adam and Adam as people and not just as some musical obsession I have. If they never spoke out on issues like this or if they never spoke their minds on anything I'd never really be able to understand or know them at all. I like it when somebody is willing to express their feelings on a matter regardless of who they piss off.

I'll never turn back 'cause that's the way I've got to live.....

https://twitter.com/beastieboysnews

Old 01-27-2011, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoLovesMCA View Post
This is what makes people unique to me and this is why I respect and appreciate Mike, Adam and Adam as people and not just as some musical obsession I have. If they never spoke out on issues like this or if they never spoke their minds on anything I'd never really be able to understand or know them at all. I like it when somebody is willing to express their feelings on a matter regardless of who they piss off.
Old 08-10-2011, 10:36 PM
Beasties#2fan

This thread's been alive since 2004!?!?!?!? Wow...

www.Beastiemixes.com
Beastie Boys Remix Hosting/Downloads, Rare Tracks. blah, Blah, etc...
---------------------------
www.Beastieboyslive.com
Live Show Downloads

Old 09-04-2011, 11:21 PM
You hear that fkn brass?

200 fucking 4.

If i was on this site when this thread started I wouldve been enraged by the way people were disrespectin Yauch on a page that is about HIS BAND why would you be on here if youd talk shit to him one of the few times hes actually on here?! FAIL FAIL FAIL.

If i had a chance to talk to Yauch, id make that talk be worth it, not be known to him as a shit talker. fucking fail, just realize people (those who were sayin he was bein a pussy) that the one time you got the chance to speak to Yauch (which youre on a fan site all about him and his boys!) you talk shit.

Good fucking god that fired me up.

Yes they say theyre moralists and they do things that may show different but you honestly cant ever say somethings for sure about them because they have stated themselves that in interviews and shit they make shit up because shit dude they dont owe anybody anything, love their music, dont get all up in their personal shit and cause debates like this. you know?

Yauch, D, and Adrock are awesome guys, and people overthink everything about them.

www.theillestfans.webs.com
Welcome to the site of illest proportions.

When you've got so much to say
It's called GRATITUDE
& That's RIGHT.

(R.I.P Adam Yauch.)

Every thought in the mind
is a planted seed.

Old 09-05-2011, 12:22 PM

hi I'm new here, thanks to you MCAadROCKMiKEd7 I've read the thread, focusing on Adam Yauch posts, ( because it was really him right? or was it a joke ?)

I guess that the "girl" he quoted who was abused/raped by a boyfriend is kathleen Hanna, now adrock's wifey..for those who don't her she was a punk, riot girl of the 90's and now still doing some music, but also feminist lectures ( correct me if I am wrong..)..I'm pretty sure you all know that here, no big new..

I completely understand his point, he just asked him, the prodidy guy could just have said him "fuck you"in front of his face instead of saying it loud on stage to have more attention..because at the end of the day none of the beastie boys did censor them, since the band did play the song..so what's wrong with it..it would if the beasties took the power to forbid them to play it..( is that correct english ?).

On the other side, the feminism thing..ummm...I am a woman living in the same world, and one day I hope to hear someone influent talking about real man/woman equality, and not only about the woman rights...
Discrimination is existing for anyone of us (women, men, kids, adults, black, white etc..), and yeah discriminations on men exist too..so why do we rarely hear about it.. ?
Does a song like " smash your dude's up" would be as shocking ?
aren't a lot of songs out there explaining that men are silly and cruel, or how it's funny to see a woman put a man down ??

So there I am, this prodidy song is a lack of respect on women according to Yauch, I agree with it, but what about kathleen (his friend) songs for example, presenting men as pervs rapers, that women should bring a revolution toward men and society...ok I know she loves men, that she doesn't think all the men are rapers etc, I just take this as an example because she is close to the beasties and did obviously influence them on feminism.. but I've read some of her old songs..and I felt she doesn't presents men as good persons (I probably got it wrong but.. ) and that we must fight against them, against the situation...and deciding to present them like that is to me also a lack a respect to them.. and if it's not her it would be someone else..I know she is more clever than that..
So yauch if you read this (I can dream), would you really feel the same if it was the other side ? You show your disagreement on men violence but do you on women's violence? Did you even mention it once in a while?

let me explain why I am reacting like, by giving you an example:

one day on facebook a guy put an article about a woman who has raped, yes RAPED, the thief of her shop that she has captured during 3 days ...all the comments to that was " ah ah so fun" " ah ah she was right.." bla bla bla, like it's so funny and heroic to rape a man... said by people who said to be feminist and for sex equality...

And today in our medias we always see girls showing that they can beats men (in a game term), see Beyonce, Rihanna and co...like there must be a fight between women and men..
I am a woman, and I'm ok with it...if one day a man hurts me, I would put it on the person stupidity not on man/woman relation...

Sorry if I re-open and old and odd debate there..and sorry for my english..

Peace to you all !

Last edited by LucieT : 09-05-2011 at 12:28 PM.
Old 09-05-2011, 06:10 PM
You hear that fkn brass?

That was a fucking DAMN good point right there Lucie, I only got defensive cause someone called Yauch a pussy.

That point you just made was fucking outstanding.

It's called GRATITUDE
& That's RIGHT.

(R.I.P Adam Yauch.)

is a planted seed.

Old 09-05-2011, 07:14 PM
shaZam!

and here's your bigger shit

Latin lingo baby funky bilingual funky bilingual
Yeah, funky bilingual
It's the latin lingo!

Old 09-07-2011, 06:50 PM
You hear that fkn brass?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fonky pizza View Post
and here's your bigger shit
Whats your deal

Also I read up there that through all this argumentation about christ that the beastie boys are jewish and it kinda made me chuckle that an argument about christ involving them exists considering theyre jewish. Lol

It's called GRATITUDE
& That's RIGHT.

(R.I.P Adam Yauch.)

is a planted seed.

Last edited by MCAadROCKMiKEd7 : 09-07-2011 at 08:26 PM.
Old 09-08-2011, 08:08 PM
shaZam!

Hey, I was just teasing you

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCAadROCKMiKEd7 View Post
Whats your deal
I'd say, EVOL

Yeah, funky bilingual
It's the latin lingo!

Old 09-08-2011, 10:02 PM
You hear that fkn brass?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fonky pizza View Post
Hey, I was just teasing you

I'd say, EVOL

Im the WORST at reading sarcasm on the internet :P
it doesnt really work to my advantage thats for damnn sure.

It's called GRATITUDE
& That's RIGHT.

(R.I.P Adam Yauch.)

is a planted seed.

Old 09-13-2011, 04:21 PM
Can't spell good.

From my experience, and just reading about history and war etc...religion has always and will always cause more problems than it can ever possibly fix. It is entirely possible to be a good person and have good morals without believing in any form of religion. Really. Just my opinion, but I've believed that since I was a kid in high school taking world religions classes. You just realize how hypocritical the whole religious community can be.

Quote:

Mix Master Mike can scratch better than the most of us can walk.

Old 09-15-2011, 07:39 AM
You hear that fkn brass?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundScientist View Post
From my experience, and just reading about history and war etc...religion has always and will always cause more problems than it can ever possibly fix. It is entirely possible to be a good person and have good morals without believing in any form of religion. Really. Just my opinion, but I've believed that since I was a kid in high school taking world religions classes. You just realize how hypocritical the whole religious community can be.
The religious community is so hypocritical, I have a hard time debating it. I'm completely unsure about my religion, and also think to be a good person doesnt require religion, some people have strong belief in a religion (Some people have it as guidance) Some people dont. I personally dont want to invest my time into a religion when i'm not quite sure what I believe. Stuff is very complex. For the most part i've come to find that i'm more Agnostic than anything. I was starting to get into the Methodist religion for a while influenced by my parents growing up, but as i've gotten older, my mind has shifted.

It's called GRATITUDE
& That's RIGHT.

(R.I.P Adam Yauch.)

is a planted seed.

Old 09-15-2011, 12:39 PM
shaZam!

In my experience, no matter what the religion you feel you belong to or what discipline you are into or not into, you 'll always find fanatics addicetd to their opinions and beliefs, but you may also find people who are explorative with constructive criticism.

Yeah, funky bilingual
It's the latin lingo!

Old 09-16-2011, 02:48 PM
Oh, the cleverness of me

Hi, don't mind me, I'm just here for some cheese and crackers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kll View Post
No one really leaves - it's like the Hotel California.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorothy Wood View Post
I eat tacos like it's my job.

Old 09-18-2011, 11:02 AM
shaZam!

O-furo wa doko desu ka?

Yeah, funky bilingual
It's the latin lingo!

Old 09-19-2011, 12:24 AM
You hear that fkn brass?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myu-to View Post
Hi, don't mind me, I'm just here for some cheese and crackers.
I'm lactose intolerant. D:

It's called GRATITUDE
& That's RIGHT.

(R.I.P Adam Yauch.)

is a planted seed.