Quote:
Originally Posted by Qdrop
this thread will never fucking die.....

it's the fuckin Energizer battery......

there is nothing else to say....

we are just repeating....

let it go ....

let it go......
hey punk...fancy meeting you here...get bored with g-net?!
Old 11-09-2004, 03:08 PM

Default Re: Ex-Prodigy disses Beastie Boys

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegoat2002blue
Hey, come on Fella, the only reason the Prodigy sold out their gigs at the Apollo was cos every ticket tout in Manchester though they were gonna make a killing - check out eBay and see how many are on there! Any one can sell out the Apollo, these days, even Joss Stone, who in keeping with the Prodigy, has also released a crap album this year!!
It would seem I can't reason with anyone here.

Let's agree to disagree.

Instead of dissing The Prodigy concentrate on enjoying The Beastie Boys music. I will continue to like the music of both The Prodigy and The Beastie Boys.

Time for everyone to let this topic rest in peace.

Last edited by James Jupiter : 11-09-2004 at 03:12 PM.
Old 12-29-2004, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intense
this is a joke, innit? takin out a track because u think it's sooo bad...the title is smack my bitch up, and u wanted a different version of it..smack my ketchup..(something like that)..sorry, how ridiculous is that?? yauch, the way u think is pussy like.."because it promoted violence against women"..so what about all the nwa, ice cube, wc, mack 10, mc eiht (etc) tracks?? would u like to ban all these songs just because u think its meaning is too rude mr.yauch
and sorry, the 2nd story about the girl is very naive. this song has nothing to do with her bad experiences. prodigy were fuckin right, i'd never let anybody to change my songs...and liam is right, your new album is garbage. i was a beastie boys fan for many years but u guys disappointed so much with the new album i couldn't believe how bad it is. very bad production, boring, cheap mastering, way too short, lame ideas. each former album was 100 times better. and u know it. but that's how it sounds without mario c. he's a genius. u guys were untouchable till and including the marvellous hello nasty album, but after that one..no more..
DUDE WHY ARE U STILL LOOKIN AT THIS SITE IF YA NOT INTO EM ANYMORE, ONCE A LOVER ALWAYS A LOVER,MOVE FORWARD DON'T KEEP LOOKIN BEHIND!!!!!!
MIX MASTER YA GOT IT HAPPENING.......
Old 01-06-2005, 04:46 PM
Banned

i think the prodigy quote from Reading '98 goes something like "we got a call from the beasties the other day day asking not to play one of our dongs....well we do what the fuck we want!"

which is fair enough because the beasties WERE in the wrong.

I read somewhere that Liam Howlett refuses to play big venues (like in manchester) bacause its not what the prodigy are about and loses what what they were about or something, im guessing thats why they did 2 nights at manchester apollo and not 1 night at the Manchester evening news arena.

personally i think the new prodigy album is fuckin brilliant! but thats my opinion.

prodigy alubm got to number 1 in the UK, but didnt in the US. i read somewhere that liam howlett dissed the record label(different from prodigy's UK label) saying they didnt promote the album AT ALL and he'd sell more albums out the back of his car. think hes ditching the US label now and going back onto an indie label to keep it reaaaaal.
Old 01-07-2005, 12:48 PM
you fucking lemmings...

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellie
hey punk...fancy meeting you here...get bored with g-net?!
yes......i did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuzz
...to stretch your capacity for compassion for other people? Then again, I don't think you value that very highly. Not as highly as telling it like it is.
-----
Qdrop HipHop Mix

Old 10-08-2005, 04:03 PM

hi yauch i enjoyed all your albums and i enjoyed your last one it highly influenced me i guess ye were really movin with the times
i've listen to dance a produced dance for the last 8 years now im getting out of it back in to hiphop hiphop has allways been my first choice going back to my roots but everyone intitled to there own opions its like with some things if stick your nose in your going to get burnt i try to be straight with people like i got into fights over other peoples problems
somethings are best left alone
Old 10-09-2005, 12:26 PM
OR8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norcen
Prodigy is just a bad John Lydon knock-off. Similar sounding voice, same style of singing, same haircuts...yeah, only one please. I'll take Lydon.
You've obviously not heard their latest album.
Old 10-10-2005, 08:15 AM

The Beasties had every right in the world to ask Prodigy not to play it, and Prodigy had every right in the world to play it anyways. Freedom of Speech works both ways.
Old 10-10-2005, 12:44 PM
Bucky Done Good

Prodigy release a greatest hits, then the Beasties announce one too...

Brap!

Old 10-10-2005, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parkey
Prodigy release a greatest hits, then the Beasties announce one too...
is that actually out yet? it's on my list...

I thought that same thing by the way, but i wouldn't read too much into it, if you seriously are that is i'm quite pleased with the prodigy one, at lreast there's a disc with b-sides/new tracks/live shit ect eh?!

Quote:
DIAMOND: He wishes he could be here right now. So do we.

Old 10-11-2005, 05:38 PM
locoamaro87

Post Re: Ex-Prodigy disses Beastie Boys

Who the Hell is he dissing the Beastieboys, they are the best . I don't care what anybody says the Beasties will always be the best.

xxxLive for the moment.

Old 10-12-2005, 11:53 AM
B-boy limpin'

you cant deny that the prodigy made great music with keith flint. i dont care what happens outside of the music, and none of you should either. its not like its our business. either listen to it and enjoy it, or dont listen to it. but dont try and get involved in their argument which, might i add, happened years ago.

;)

Old 10-12-2005, 01:52 PM

Quote:
DIAMOND: He wishes he could be here right now. So do we.

Last edited by dave790 : 10-12-2005 at 01:56 PM.
Old 07-08-2009, 11:22 AM

Talking Re: Ex-Prodigy disses Beastie Boys

Yes this episode found in the Uk festival in 1998 :-) Adrock Dissies eX pRODIGY
Old 07-21-2009, 07:41 AM

i was at that reading and saw prod say we say what the fuck we like, beasties got the biggest cheer though.
Old 08-05-2009, 10:59 AM
Can't spell good.

Thumbs up Re: Ex-Prodigy disses Beastie Boys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yauch View Post
we did go to him in private and ask him if he wouldn't mind skipping that track in their set because it promoted violence against women.

basically he said that he felt that they were somehow subverting or changing the meaning of the words "smack my bitch up" in their song.

it doesn't sound like that to me.

anyway, they decided to take it to the stage, make it public. so during their set that night they said something like "the beastie boys told us not to play this song, but nobody tells us what to do..." and then played the song.

shortly after that a girl told me that she had been abused by her boyfriend and that song had always made her cringe. she thanked us for asking them not to play it.

so i have no regrets about it, and have never apologized to them. i think what we did was right. how is anyone going to know that their words are destructive if no one tells them?
I remember reading about this ages ago. Nice to actually hear it from 'the horses mouth'. Prodigy is good shit, but I always loved that you guys don't shy away from making your opinions known. Something needed to be said. It's a good song (read: catchy) but the lyrics are still just...wrong.

Keep doing what you're doing Yauch.

PS: I got a full refund for my Oshega tickets (both nights). I was so sad to hear you couldn't make it, and my ride was bummed out and wouldn't drive me to Montreal. I hope your doing well man. That email this morning brought a huge smile to my face. You'll be fine man. Can't wait to hear the new album. I'll see you righteous dudes next time you're in Toronto.
Last year at the Hummingbird Centre was fucking dope (ACC was good too but Hummingbird fucking killed it). Thanks for convincing Adam and Mike to play those last few extra punk tracks at the end of the set dude.
You rock. I'll never forget that show.
Stay classy. Kick cancers ass. Peace

Mix Master Mike can scratch better than the most of us can walk.

Old 09-02-2009, 11:19 AM
I do believe we're naked!

I didn't read all the post and I don't want to take a side. I just looked up the line "smack my bitch up" in the world's best online-dictionary and found this article about it:
"It is a phrase from the greater london area and can be read only as a whole. The single words mean:
smack = to inject heroin
bitch = the upper arm vein"
I am really not sure if the Prodigy really meant that. And I hated the video straight away, because I hate videos with puking people and I never really likes the Prodigy anyway. But I like the song.

Good day
Old 12-15-2009, 08:55 PM
Bill Me

Hey, Bob.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echewta View Post
Bob is laying pipe. Thats about it.

Old 12-17-2009, 10:37 AM
three steps ahead

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundScientist View Post

PS: I got a full refund for my Oshega tickets (both nights). I was so sad to hear you couldn't make it, and my ride was bummed out and wouldn't drive me to Montreal. I hope your doing well man. That email this morning brought a huge smile to my face. You'll be fine man. Can't wait to hear the new album. I'll see you righteous dudes next time you're in Toronto.
Last year at the Hummingbird Centre was fucking dope (ACC was good too but Hummingbird fucking killed it). Thanks for convincing Adam and Mike to play those last few extra punk tracks at the end of the set dude.
You rock. I'll never forget that show.
Stay classy. Kick cancers ass. Peace
STFU! this is a thread about dissin' and smackin' bitches up. Take that crap to MCA's cancer thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DipDipDive View Post
You haven't lived until you've been pounded up against a flaming trash can.

Old 12-17-2009, 11:25 AM
The blurst of times.

It's Kool Keith we should be getting angry with here.

some noise what I made

Old 12-18-2009, 08:28 PM
Is this fun yet?

I like turtles.

Quote:
...is watching the live feed, waiting for the first Chilean miner to reach the surface, wild-eyed and consumed by bloodthirst, as the rescue team unknowingly brings the zombie virus- and it's first 34 carriers- to an unsuspecting world.

Old 12-19-2009, 01:12 AM
three steps ahead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echewta View Post
I like turtles.
I diss turtles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DipDipDive View Post
You haven't lived until you've been pounded up against a flaming trash can.

Old 03-01-2010, 05:18 PM
The blurst of times.

This thread needs bumping.

some noise what I made

Old 03-01-2010, 07:44 PM
Gumbercules?

He dissed them again?

TurdBerglar: no one says fanny pack

Bob: i call it a minge sack

Old 03-02-2010, 05:03 PM
Judge Mental

No, i think they have patched it all up and started making music together (cough)

Quote:
Originally Posted by roosta View Post
give it time, we will go in wonderous directions. mainly calling people cunts.

www.beastiemixes.com/Guy Incognito

Old 03-07-2010, 01:34 AM
just sayin'

This thread smells like ballz. Just sayin'.
Old 03-08-2010, 03:02 AM

i was gonna say mothballs, but yeah

ritz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Presentable View Post
...has gone on atwixt, nay, afween the seams...

Old 05-26-2010, 01:15 PM
moog record king

i am a huge beastie fan, but they were wrong. this has nothing to do with musical taste, personally i think prodigy sucks, my opinion comes from the fact that, the beasties boys were very hypocrital. i know the boys have transformed over the years and are more conscious, but do you think if some band or madonna (when they opened for her) told them they catn perform "girls?"...that song is way more offensive than "smack my b--- up"...that takse me to my second point. the beasties, of all peolple, should know that is a sample from ultramagnetic mc's, one of the most creative, funky, unique hip hop groups of all time. did you diss kook keith back in '88? you're telling me yauch, you interpret all rappers to actaully do what they say and it is all true? did you actually shoot a man in brooklyn just to watch him die? damn, how did you not get caught? i am still a hardcore beastie head but never understood that issue with prodigy. btw, kool g rap would be in jail for murdering about 3000 dudes and i believe he still walks the streets a free man

Last edited by mister jason : 05-26-2010 at 01:17 PM.
Old 05-26-2010, 02:58 PM
I'm flowing prose to cons

Yeah but why keep bringing the past up. Had this taken place in 88 then yeah okay I can see the hypocrite thing but it didn't. This happened at a point of their career they were more conscious of who they were as a band and how their actions affect people.

Any way I can't understand how their rights were violated. Sure if some folks think it was wrong to ask them not to play the song then fine but taking it this far with violating rights is a bit much. I mean come on lol. That would happen if the BB's were given the authority to keep the song being played indefinitely or taking the band off of the list of performers and last I checked the BB's don't work for the government. Did any of that happen? No. They still went on and played that song as they always have with the knowledge that the BB's didn't approve of it. Big deal! Plus I am sure there are many establishments who wouldn't play both BB's or Prodigy music so does that mean both bands need to file complaints because their music isn't being played?

If anything the fans should have appreciated the fact that they follow a band who hates violence against women.

I'll never turn back 'cause that's the way I've got to live.....

https://twitter.com/beastieboysnews

Old 07-17-2010, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoLovesMCA View Post
If anything the fans should have appreciated the fact that they follow a band who hates violence against women.
Being beat down builds character. The Beasties were on the wrong side of this issue.