Go Back   Beastie Boys Message Board > Non-Beastie Boys > Beastie-Free General Discussion

Old 05-25-2019, 02:54 PM
just here for the .gifs

Thumbs down I wish we could still use this forum to ask for advice

I got my dream job almost exactly a year ago. And it’s become a nightmare. I was really proud and on my way to financial security, but I may have to quit for my mental health. The technical, intellectual, and physical aspects are challenging and I am performing at a high level...but a lot of people don’t like my personality because I don’t talk enough, I’m not outgoing, but I’ve offended people by asserting my opinion on how standards should be raised. I hired 3 people in the last year and they are high performers and nice people who respect me. Many people outside my department who have the ear of the ceo are talking shit about me and are trying to gaslight me into thinking I suck and it’s kinda ruining my life. I don’t really know what to do about it. I have such bad social anxiety, I try to talk and stick up for myself and end up having a mini panic attack and crying. Which is interpreted as me not having my shit together.

Also, someone was shot behind my house the other day by a group of teens who got away, then a day later I was driving home from work rounded a corner and heard gunshots. I missed being in the middle of a gun fight by about 2 minutes. I was more calm and measured during all that than at work when I got an email from someone that questioned how I was spending my time.

Anyway thanks for listening old message board. I’ll be 40 in July, fuck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebasser View Post
So wait, this guy is driving around in his jeep with his cat and his television in the back and he's got his favourite music blaring away and... I think I've missed the point.

Old 05-26-2019, 06:29 PM
Wicked!

Default Re: I wish we could still use this forum to ask for advice

So sorry you’ve been having a rough go lately. These boards used to be a great site to vent and get advice. Sending hugs.

"A woman needs a man like a fish needs a bicycle"

Old 05-29-2019, 10:42 AM
just here for the .gifs

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicRN77 View Post
So sorry you’ve been having a rough go lately. These boards used to be a great site to vent and get advice. Sending hugs.
Thanks, appreciate the response. Since posting this, I found out a lot more about what’s behind all the drama, and I understand a lot more about everyone’s behavior now. Resolved some conflicts, but basically coming to terms with the fact I should probably move on to a healthier environment because the drama is ingrained in the culture and I don’t have the power to change other people’s perspectives. Now I know it’s nothing I did, I’m literally being judged based on problems I didn’t create, other people’s past behavior, and straight up imaginary problems.

Anyway jobs suck, I dunno why it’s so hard to find a workplace where people aren’t dicks. Prob gonna have to start my own biz.

Quote:
So wait, this guy is driving around in his jeep with his cat and his television in the back and he's got his favourite music blaring away and... I think I've missed the point.

Old 05-29-2019, 12:25 PM
Wicked!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorothy Wood View Post
Anyway jobs suck, I dunno why it’s so hard to find a workplace where people aren’t dicks. Prob gonna have to start my own biz.
They sure do. I’ve been dealing with a narcissistic woman at my job. It isn’t so easy to ignore her. Plus, we are nurses so her actions affect human beings. She is a terrible person.

"A woman needs a man like a fish needs a bicycle"

Old 06-03-2019, 10:05 PM
Monkey News

I don't have any advice, but listen to this fucking song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqdPsHbPY1E
Old 06-05-2019, 06:05 PM
just here for the .gifs

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicRN77 View Post
They sure do. I’ve been dealing with a narcissistic woman at my job. It isn’t so easy to ignore her. Plus, we are nurses so her actions affect human beings. She is a terrible person.
That sucks. Some people get so wrapped up in their personal identities at work. I’m just like can we please just do our jobs? This one woman was a friend and I knew she talked mad shit about other people, so I should’ve known she’d do the same to me eventually. But she’s “popular”, and kinda curates social activities, and I’ve been excluded since I got promoted, which is sad. But I just have to get over it. I pissed her off at some point probably because I took away some of her duties because her work was too inaccurate, it was just unacceptable to me and the previous supervisor hated it too but never did anything about it. She just doesn’t think any of her mistakes are a big deal, one or two ok, but it was like 40% of the time. That’s too many mistakes! Geez! I’m not mean because I wanted clerical errors to stop happening so often.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurdBerglar View Post
I don't have any advice, but listen to this fucking song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqdPsHbPY1E
Heyyy, nice! Didn’t know they were coming out with new stuff

Quote: