Old 02-01-2009, 10:47 AM
Papillon butinant

Default Vaccine Nation

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TdSp...x=0&playnext=1

Good documentary on vaccination.
Can make you think twice about the issue!

All i want to say is that I love trees.

Old 02-01-2009, 12:02 PM
Daisy...

Default Re: Vaccine Nation

The whole anti vaccination thing seems to be based on a couple of lies which are easily cleared up.

Thimerosal does not contain toxic Mercury (aka Methylmercury) it contains Ethylmercury which is not the same thing and is harmless. It seems much of this antivaccination thing is based on the fact that the substances have similar sounding names and thus can be confused by those who are taken in by their pseudoscientific crap.

Furthermore, Thimerosal IS NOT EVEN IN VACCINES (since 1997). The removal of Thimerosal from vaccines had no impact of the rate of diagnosis of Autism or other conditions attribued to vaccines.

The whole anti-vaccine thing is a terrible scam that is killing children - not just the children of those who dont get their kids vaccinated but even those parents who do because of the lost 'herd effect'.

As a father, this really makes me angry. It is so stupid because the central claims of the movement are easy to check and are clearly lies. It is not a subjective issue - vaccines do not contain toxic metals - FACT.

I became operational at the H.A.L. plant in Urbana, Illinois on the 23rd of April 2006.

I am, by any practical definition of the words, foolproof and incapable of error.

Last edited by HAL 9000 : 02-01-2009 at 02:09 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 02-01-2009, 06:29 PM
feeder

Mostly white, mostly fortunate people who live in comfortable countries where they never really have to confront the consequences of infectious disease should be forced to go live for a while in mostly brown, mostly poor parts of the globe where parents have to watch children dying slowly day by day of easily preventable diseases, before they are allowed to open their mouths for half a second to talk rubbish about how 'bad' vaccines are.

Just my opinion, of course.
Old 02-02-2009, 09:04 AM
Papillon butinant

^

Ya know, i think that before shooting human population with toxics stuff, they should, in the case of the third world countries, give them access to clean water and good sanitation. That should help to eliminate diseases too. You give them a shot for, let say, cholera, but you don't change what is causing the disease to manifest.

Maybe vaccination can be helpful but in general, what help human population is civilization, sanitation and access to clean water supply.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5WTaLnDPY4

This clip is an interview with larry king and an actress talking about autism and vaccination. There seem to be a correlation between the two.
Also, the mandatory number of shots skyrocket in the last 20 years.

Why?

Also, on has to keep in mind that pharmaceutical companies make millions and millions of dollars in profit with this business...

Somebody need to make a study, objective one with vaccinated kids and unvaccinated and follow them for the first 10-15 years of their lives. Just to see.

All i want to say is that I love trees.

Old 02-02-2009, 09:21 AM
feeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by fucktopgirl View Post
This clip is an interview with larry king and an actress talking about autism and vaccination. There seem to be a correlation between the two.
First of all, correlation is not causation.

Find one shred of peer-reviewed and reputably published scientific evidence that has passed scrutiny linking vaccines to autism. Just one will do. Actual legitimate evidence please, not some actress talking to Larry King, OK?
Old 02-02-2009, 03:28 PM
Daisy...

Quote:
Somebody need to make a study, objective one with vaccinated kids and unvaccinated and follow them for the first 10-15 years of their lives. Just to see.
They have - 10 year study released this week shows no correlation beyond that which one would expect through randomness.

http://pediatrics.aappublications.or...ract/123/2/475

There is no link here - it is all made up.

Please do not base parental decisions on the ravings of Jenny McCarthy. She used to think her child was an Indigo Child rather than autistic (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indigo_Children) now autism and vaccines are her new thing.
If you want to look into this matter, find an article in a peer reviewed journal (like the one above) rather than posting youtube videos of interviews with Playboy bunnies. It is not that a playboy bunny dont have a viewpoint that is as valid as anyone elses, more that in this case, Miss McCarthy does not seem to be familiar with the scientific method and has no evidence to support her wild and dangerous claims.

As I said above - all the claims of the anti-vaccinationists are really easy to look into and verify - and it turns out the whole movement is about scaremongering and lies. I would invite you to examine the evidence yourself (dont use youtube)

I became operational at the H.A.L. plant in Urbana, Illinois on the 23rd of April 2006.

I am, by any practical definition of the words, foolproof and incapable of error.

Last edited by HAL 9000 : 02-02-2009 at 05:40 PM.
Old 02-03-2009, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms.peachy View Post

Find one shred of peer-reviewed and reputably published scientific evidence that has passed scrutiny linking vaccines to autism. Just one will do. Actual legitimate evidence please, not some actress talking to Larry King, OK?
Hello? What more do you need than Jenny McCarthy's personal opinion? She's an expert. I know because I've seen her on all the talk shows.