Go Back   Beastie Boys Message Board > Beastie Boys > General Beastie Boys Discussion

Old 02-10-2018, 11:09 AM
Nasal Poets/Nasal Tongue

Default Glen E Friedman IG post on the Book project

https://www.instagram.com/p/BfBemocD...=glenefriedman

glenefriedmanBEASTIE BOYS - ADAM HOROVITZ - My homie out west for the season. Sounds like their book is finally done and coming out in the fall, should be great (i.e. Grand Royal days = high expectations) looking forward to it and I should have some rare photos in there too.
The King Ad Rock of Beastie Boys (and also my pick up softball game organizer/teammate/equipment manager). Here's a rare image you probably haven't seen before. We made it back in early 1985 i believe during the Beastie Boys first visit to L.A. While opening for Madonna's "Like a Virgin" tour. Over by KXLU after an insane interview. Look it up on line, on Adam Bomb’s FINAL COUNTDOWN radio show. Lots of great photographs made this day. (Some in the MY RULES book) #boombox #adrock #beastieboys #inspiration #humor #OldSchool #earlydays #adamhorovitz #beasties #hiphop #PUNK #DefJam #graffiti #gratitude #softball #thePressure #Book #BeastieBoys #Slowandlowthatisthetempo #itsthenewstyle #merryPranksters #RIPMCA

"All I ever really want to do is get nice
Get loose and goof my little slice of life"

"In the next millennium I'll still be old school"

Old 02-13-2018, 08:41 AM

Default Re: Glen E Friedman IG post on the Book project

#bonusbatter

thank you Adam.

Old 02-13-2018, 05:22 PM
Current Member

Are we thinking music for the #bonusbatter?

Shout at the Devil!

Old 02-15-2018, 06:36 PM
Rest in Peace Yauch

Not sure if this has been posted. But looks like we have an official release date in October. And it’s clocking in at 576 pages. Wonder if they’ll have any sort of book release hoopla?

https://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/b...9780812995541/

Thank You Adam Yauch

Old 02-16-2018, 05:01 AM

I hope each era has the same amount of information dedicated to it and its not mainly about the licensed to ill era.

"I don't wanna go to a health farm,I just wanna have a good time"

Old 02-16-2018, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laver1969 View Post
Not sure if this has been posted. But looks like we have an official release date in October. And it’s clocking in at 576 pages. Wonder if they’ll have any sort of book release hoopla?

https://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/b...9780812995541/
I pretty much don't listen to books on tape. But something tells me the audio version of this book will be worth checking out.

message board

Old 02-16-2018, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiberish View Post
I pretty much don't listen to books on tape. But something tells me the audio version of this book will be worth checking out.
I'd be onboard if it was read by Biz Markie.
Old 02-18-2018, 10:06 PM
crazy sniffable

^ or Vincent Price

it's just 2 wheels and me, the wind in eyes...

Old 02-20-2018, 09:47 AM
PhD In Parapsychology

David Cross as Nathaniel Horblower.

"There's more to me then you'll ever know." - Adam Yauch, Hey Ladies

Old 02-20-2018, 03:37 PM

Thumbs up Re: Glen E Friedman IG post on the Book project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodie View Post
David Cross as Nathaniel Horblower.
Now you're talking!
Old 02-23-2018, 01:20 PM

I wasn't even talking about who would do the reading. (Though I love where you guys are all going with that. I'm for Biz Mark). I was thinking it'll probably be an audio extravaganza. Snippets of samples and the music that inspired them. Guest appearances by the people who helped shape the history an sound of the band. Mike is currently producing a radio show, and was married to a filmmaker for a million years.

They have made a big deal saying it will be unlike any biography before... I'm just thinking outside the box here.

message board

Old 02-26-2018, 07:36 AM

Glen's the reason this book isn't being delayed any longer.

thank you Adam.

Old 02-28-2018, 06:04 AM
Legoland

Glen is on point again: https://www.instagram.com/p/BfuMgSdj...=glenefriedman

"This souvenir is from when BEASTIE BOYS opened for MADONNA and i was hanging with them and showing them around LA for their first time there. It was an absolutely INSANE 3 or 4 days. Madonna was to receive her first gold record award after the show this evening. I was asked to get a photo of her with the Beasties, she was still so insecure at the time she would not even pose for a photo with her opening act (or anyone else for that matter), it was pretty lame, so we just went out into the audience during her show and made some photos with her in the background performing, and of course made tons of silly shots backstage with all the “stars” that came out to see, the new hot sensation, Madonna.... so we got pictures with Billy Idol, Gene Simmons, Rob Lowe, Sean Penn and David Lee Roth, Toni Basil, Weird Al Yankovic, all for an incredible goof. In the mean time as you may have heard, the Beasties were not greeted too nicely by the mostly tween girls who came out to see Madonna, but it was a building block for them. We had a blast. You’ll get to see the photos in the next book coming in about a year from now 😉 but of course you’ve seen other images from this first trip, with the Lincoln up in Malibu and around the Loyola Marymount Campus."
Old 02-28-2018, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friis gal View Post
Glen is on point again: https://www.instagram.com/p/BfuMgSdj...=glenefriedman

"This souvenir is from when BEASTIE BOYS opened for MADONNA and i was hanging with them and showing them around LA for their first time there. It was an absolutely INSANE 3 or 4 days. Madonna was to receive her first gold record award after the show this evening. I was asked to get a photo of her with the Beasties, she was still so insecure at the time she would not even pose for a photo with her opening act (or anyone else for that matter), it was pretty lame, so we just went out into the audience during her show and made some photos with her in the background performing, and of course made tons of silly shots backstage with all the “stars” that came out to see, the new hot sensation, Madonna.... so we got pictures with Billy Idol, Gene Simmons, Rob Lowe, Sean Penn and David Lee Roth, Toni Basil, Weird Al Yankovic, all for an incredible goof. In the mean time as you may have heard, the Beasties were not greeted too nicely by the mostly tween girls who came out to see Madonna, but it was a building block for them. We had a blast. You’ll get to see the photos in the next book coming in about a year from now 😉 but of course you’ve seen other images from this first trip, with the Lincoln up in Malibu and around the Loyola Marymount Campus."

Glen wanted to drop his book so the Beasties had to giddyup on their own. Book will focus on their best TOUR and era.

thank you Adam.