Old 05-02-2019, 08:11 AM

Default Re: Lots of rare items for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfatlove06 View Post
Everything (Vinyl) from Paul's Boutique that I have has been listed and I'm putting up things from CYH now. For anyone following along.
CYH and IC are my favorite eras for singles and EPs. B-sides were amazing, cover art was cool, the different versions and remixes of album cuts were dope.
Old 05-02-2019, 08:33 AM

Arrow Re: Lots of rare items for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuc70021 View Post
CYH and IC are my favorite eras for singles and EPs. B-sides were amazing, cover art was cool, the different versions and remixes of album cuts were dope.
No doubt! I vividly remember when Check Your Head came out in 1992. I bought the tape but passed on the Jimmy James cassingle, figuring "why pay $5 for a few tracks when I can buy the album for something like $12?" Shortly after Ill Communication came out I was at a guys house and he had Pass the Mic and So Whatcha Want CD singles. I taped those from him and my mind was kind of blown because there was some dope stuff on those (particularly Skills to Pay the Bills). I started buying all the Ill Communication singles but the Check Your Head singles were impossible to find by then. When eBay came out around 1997 it became MUCH easier to find stuff. I started going back and scooping up the CYH singles and that's when I corrected by mistake, got the Jimmy James single, plus the Gratitude single. I also discovered in my overseas travels that CD singles hung around a LOT longer over there. You could go to HMV and whatnot and they'd have stuff from years ago. The European issues never seemed to be quite as good as the US releases though (I still bought them anyway).
Old 05-03-2019, 02:59 PM

Default Re: Lots of rare items for sale

This pretty much mirrors my story. I started recognizing that there was a whole other world out there with unheard tracks around '89. It's been balls out since. My first CYH purchase was the Pass The Mic US CD, and cassette. When we got the actual album at WGHR I played it from beginning to end on air with no regards for FCC regulations. I remember that I was kinda upset that there were so many non hip hop tracks, and not even getting to hear Time For Livin' with the lyrics because we had mono playback in the studio.

Last edited by bigfatlove06 : 05-03-2019 at 03:02 PM.