Go Back   Beastie Boys Message Board > Beastie Boys > General Beastie Boys Discussion

Old 12-17-2020, 12:02 AM
space cake cookie

Default fightforyourrightrevisted book + dvd/bluray

can't believe i slept on this. just arrived today and i'm blown away. i was in a state of denial around this time with regards to yauch, i obviously watched the short many a times but i had no idea this existed until a few weeks ago doing some searches from another recent thread on HSCpartI.

this has prob been discussed at length but i love this fucking book and i haven't even put the discs in yet. yauch looks so fucking happy in these pics and i can't believe i've never seen some of these shots before.

anyway to anyone else in denial around '11 like i was, pick this up for $20, you won't be dissapointed.

thank you adam adam & mike

Old 12-17-2020, 12:37 PM

Arrow Re: fightforyourrightrevisted book + dvd/bluray

Quote:
Originally Posted by dust monkey View Post
can't believe i slept on this. just arrived today and i'm blown away. i was in a state of denial around this time with regards to yauch, i obviously watched the short many a times but i had no idea this existed until a few weeks ago doing some searches from another recent thread on HSCpartI.

this has prob been discussed at length but i love this fucking book and i haven't even put the discs in yet. yauch looks so fucking happy in these pics and i can't believe i've never seen some of these shots before.

anyway to anyone else in denial around '11 like i was, pick this up for $20, you won't be dissapointed.
Yep, it's dope.
Old 12-17-2020, 12:59 PM
NYC Brouhaha Division

Default Re: fightforyourrightrevisted book + dvd/bluray

I almost forgot I owned it, Thanks for the reminder

The second photograph in the book and the last photograph are to cherish forever. Just three beastie boys in full effect. And the Yauch intro and dedication...

Everyone on the set knew it was Yauch’s swan song as described by Seth Rogen, and you can see magic, warmth, and respect in all of the photos.

Wait so there’s a blu ray version on the dvd disc?

The audio disk includes b boys in the cut, pop your balloon and remixes of make some noise and don’t play no game

Long Burn The Fire. Rest In Peace Adam.

Old 12-17-2020, 04:35 PM
space cake cookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungRemy View Post
Wait so there’s a blu ray version on the dvd disc?

The audio disk includes b boys in the cut, pop your balloon and remixes of make some noise and don’t play no game
yes exactly, both dvd and blu ray and a 5.1 mix of HSCII

still excited about it as you can tell.

thank you adam adam & mike

Old 12-18-2020, 09:54 PM

Damn, you just inspired me to buy the first non-vinyl piece of Beastie music in a loooooooong time.
Old 12-22-2020, 11:31 PM
Music est. 1986

I panned on this when it first came out because I spent a whole bunch of money on the deluxe vinyl package, but now admit I am wrong and can attest about how awesome it is.
Was able to pick up for $40 in the discount bin at a local record store a few years ago.

Super stupid question here, but can anyone explain to me the difference between 2.0 vs. 5.1 sound?

What would I notice differently?
What should I have it set at when listening through headphones vs. my stereo system?

Just finished watching parts of the Video anthology which I think is such a great collection.

There is so much extra footage from the alternate angles that someone could make a re-cut video of one of their existing videos or a supercut of all their videos.
Old 12-23-2020, 09:25 AM
crazy sniffable

5.1 is surround sound. you’d need 5 speakers (left, center, right, rear left, and rear right) and a subwoofer to experience.

it's just 2 wheels and me, the wind in eyes...

Old 12-23-2020, 11:00 AM

Arrow Re: fightforyourrightrevisted book + dvd/bluray

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklyndust View Post
I panned on this when it first came out because I spent a whole bunch of money on the deluxe vinyl package, but now admit I am wrong and can attest about how awesome it is.
Was able to pick up for $40 in the discount bin at a local record store a few years ago.

Super stupid question here, but can anyone explain to me the difference between 2.0 vs. 5.1 sound?

What would I notice differently?
What should I have it set at when listening through headphones vs. my stereo system?

Just finished watching parts of the Video anthology which I think is such a great collection.

There is so much extra footage from the alternate angles that someone could make a re-cut video of one of their existing videos or a supercut of all their videos.
When listening in headphones or on two speakers you want to select 2.0 (stereo). As, McDuff pointed out 5.1 requires 5 speakers and a subwoofer. The "5" stands for the 5 speakers (left, center, right, left-rear, right-rear) and the ".1" stands for the subwoofer.
Old 12-23-2020, 03:45 PM

Don't forget the receiver. You need a receiver that does 5.1.

This kind of setup is typically for what they call a "home theater" system, hooked up with the tv, for movies, etc, that are available in 5.1 sound (as opposed to just regular stereo sound).