Band

Default Re: Wembley Review - Sort of!

fuck, cant believe that you guys got eggman and manchester didnt

bastards!

you can do the scrappy

Old 12-08-2004, 06:25 AM
Muff moomin

hey i've just crawled out of bed after one of the best nights of my life so far.
man that gig kicked it.
I was the fandabulous super hero cushmit with four other crazy poeple, fernando the mexican, jazzabell the fairy (stupid), mary lou chicken shoe the sherif and slippy dogg the green pimp, not many people dressed up, but hey it meant my little gang got loads of crazy looks which is always fun, nobody seemed to know why we were dressed up and kept asking us why, as i was cushmit for the night i ,naturally, replied "i have no idea what you speak of mere mortal"
Due to the fact that fernando the mexican didn't finish work till 6, we didn't end up getting to the arena till 7.30, talib kweli had just come on, he was good. I was standing near the front in the middle for the first set of songs, but moved to the side a little bit cause people who had clearly never seen a mexican before were getting pissed off with our outfits, it was all good though cause we ended up on the left hand side of the stage, right at the front, jammin away. Man you guys who got the back stage stuff are lucky mothers.

I spotted santa and his missus in the croud, you looked wicked
saw timmie and peter clamp on the big screen (where were your impressive outfits)
shout out to the guy with the snazy tuxedo with the pink shirt and his partner, you definately impressed me.
saw the three guys with the intergalactic boiler suits and a bunch of sabotage dudes.

enough of my crap
the set list kicked arse, eggman was perfic, i am sure paul jones is happy
MCA was insanely good, MIKE D jammed it, ADROCK danced his arse off, money mark was crazy, alfredo was brill mc chill. and mixmaster, well what can i say he was crap, no i am joking he was genious

now i am off to kings cross to look for a group of six snazily dressed and very talented buskers.
I AAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMM DOING ALRIGHT
(sorry this is so long but i talk when excited)

Last edited by Beckalina : 12-08-2004 at 06:27 AM.
Old 12-08-2004, 07:12 AM

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII'mmmmmmmmmmm doin' alright!

What a great night. It was my first time seeing the boys and the show has gone right into my top 5 of all time. Amazing. Not just great music but cool showmanship to go with it. My hair is still standing on end from when Root Down kicked in.

Mix-master mike was amazing, i've never seen anything quite like it.

I have to agree, one of the highlights of the night was the guy who got kicked out just before they came on. One of the best things i've ever seen, i was standing right by it all. The dude put up a gallant resistance to the attackers, he really didn't want to go (and who can blame him). He must have done something real stupid, i mean its one thing to get kicked out of a show, but to get kicked out before the band has even started!!?!?!?!?! The crowd really got into it. 3 bouncers were having a problem moving him then this monster of a man turned up and just grabbed him by the head.... that was the end of his night.

I was well happy that they played shake your rump. The show was just perfect and lived up to everything i wanted it to be.

Now its back to work. The memory of last night is keeping me going through a very boring day.

Hope you all had fun. Till next time....
Old 12-08-2004, 07:15 AM

yeah was awesome. Had a pretty good standing position, less than 10 Metres from the stage, and i am a tall bastard so could well.

Apart from the Beasties's awesome performance...outside of that, the highlight was the fella in the crowd who was thrown out. It took 4 or 5 security guards to get him and he held on to a railing for dear life. Hilarious.

Best song was Sabotage. It's not my fav track, but live it is so awesome. I feared for my life as well, some moshing was going on. Loved the fact they played stuff from all the albums, not just newer stuff.

"I realize we were supposed to come out with 'Fight for Your Right to Party, Part Two' and fall on our faces... Sorry to disappoint everyone." - Mike D

Old 12-08-2004, 07:16 AM
feeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaddyBoy
Best moment: BBoy moves to Apache beat during Root Down. Choreography at its best.
And this:
"This one's called the weave, people, check it out, the weave"

Oh, and NASA-hat guy. But I'm an astronomy whore, so I'm easy like that.

And those video clips, loved those. Especially the one with the two cats, HA!

And the suits for the pageant float.

Oh, well, it was all just bloody great really, wasn't it.
Old 12-08-2004, 07:46 AM
eating broken glass

IIiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiim doinalright!
ha ha ha
GREAT show. ive 1 question though, how come no of yous lots met up to carry on the party down the road at the Big Ben Rumpas Room? , it was just me and mikeD.

oh well, Startin' with Eggman, Pure Class. That my friends was a musical masterpiece.

anatidaephobia: the fear that somewhere, somehow, a duck is watching you

Last edited by Gregidge : 12-08-2004 at 08:00 AM.
Old 12-08-2004, 08:21 AM
Twit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms.peachy
And this:
And those video clips, loved those. Especially the one with the two cats, HA!
Of course the kung fu cats

But the backflipping nun-chucking karate master without equilibrium made 2 old men cry with laughter

And Mr Diamonds "Deirdre Barlow Bling" glasses were an undisputed highlight

Saepe Intereunt aliis meditantes necem

Old 12-08-2004, 08:26 AM
Rest in Peace Yauch

Great story peterclamp!!! I'm so glad Jamie and Cey are coming out to meet the fans...especially the board members.
Old 12-08-2004, 08:30 AM

I would like to thank my Dad, Neil.
The guy with the bleached/dyed black hair. He wanted Sabotage and he got it. Not only that The Boys dedicated it to him.

That was an amazing night, i hope i never forget it.
Old 12-08-2004, 08:33 AM
nerd without brakes

Unbelievable. Just crazy. That was the first time I've seen the guys since '98 and one of the best musical experiences of my life. The performance, the video, the costumes - just everything. This tour is begging to be turned into a DVD right? You have to figure all that crazy camera action gets recorded.

Peace to everyone that was there.

- eh?

- eh?

Old 12-08-2004, 08:58 AM
Dear New York

OK YOU GUYS AND GIRLS HERE THEY COME...........
timmie (me) with a couple of friends

www.musicfanclubs.org/beastieboys

If I had a car it would be a cadalac, Rockin on the mic, I'm not the wacky wack!

Old 12-08-2004, 09:00 AM
feeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmie
wicked timmie, good on ya, mate!
Old 12-08-2004, 09:04 AM
Bucky Done Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmie
noice!

Brap!

Old 12-08-2004, 09:22 AM
Bucky Done Good

Did Money Mark present MMM with an award at the London show like in Manchester?

Brap!

Old 12-08-2004, 09:38 AM

hey everyone, i went too, ive got photos but theyre not that good, plus i dunno how to get em up on here, i was at the front but some 2tall people were infront of me for a while. mca touched my hand - ha! i got all excited.
hope u all enjoyed it

I am like Clockwork Orange going off on the town

Old 12-08-2004, 09:39 AM

just gotta say still reelin & rockin from wembleY! what a blast! feel like i had 10 cans of red bull! the enrgy & fun emanating from it! man feel the love ha!
completely shazamed! whay can't every night be a beasties concert boo hoo!...
Old 12-08-2004, 09:40 AM
CANADA'S BIGGEST BBOY FAN

anyone record teh concret?

http://mic-to-mic.blogspot.com/

Old 12-08-2004, 09:59 AM

that show fuckin rocked original b-boy paradise
stuck up in the seats but still found room to get my funk on
big up to chrissy who teased my eyes all nite
Old 12-08-2004, 10:13 AM
Dear New York

As i popped to the toilet & watching the bboys shoot some hoops! I bumped into MCA & shock his hand! and a quick chat!!!.....I have to put all this down to Cey Adams & James B for making it just an unbelievable night!!.....after waiting around for about 20 mins, i turned to my left only to see Mix Master Mike standing right next to me with Alfredo!!!.....got them to sign my t-shirt and lots of pics.....then Mike D came up and quickly spoke to MMM and then he was off like light!!!....then it was more pics time........stay tuned guys...

If I had a car it would be a cadalac, Rockin on the mic, I'm not the wacky wack!

Old 12-08-2004, 10:16 AM
Dear New York

mike d on the stairs going on stage

Old 12-08-2004, 10:22 AM
I AM A ROBOT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonde_Kitten
Anyway we had to leave middle of intergalictic because other wise we would of missed our train - sooo disappointing! And seriously we got on the tube train ran for the train when we got off at Charing Cross - I stacked it! We got to the station - it was there we got on and it left a couple of mins after so we was really lucky we didn't miss our last train home!
yeah me and my mate stayed till the end, missed our train and had to jump another train that came closest to home - within 25 miles!! and then ring up everyone we know who drives at 2:00am!! got home in the end thou!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonde_Kitten
very nice, lots of sexy guys!!!!
you musta stood near me then!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulb
anyone record teh concret?
i got aload of clips in quicktime format from my phone but don't know how to put them up on the web - if anyone can help then "I'MMM DOING ALRIGHT!!"

"she's got a chicken to ride, she's got a chicken to ri..i..idee,
she's got a chicken to ride, but she don't care..."

Last edited by Axl Z : 12-08-2004 at 10:24 AM.
Old 12-08-2004, 10:27 AM
when laces were pphat....

Thumbs up Re: Wembley Review - Sort of!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cotley
great night, it's mostly been said, but i'll chip in while the memories are fresh and my ears are still ringing...

anyone know why that guy got dragged kicking and screaming from the arena moments before beasties came on? bloody funny, it took about 10 security guards to carry him out, with much shouting and booing from the crowd.

egg man - awesome!

the guy with the afro in the instrumental band - awesome.

the guys who'd spent way too much time on their proper, screenprinted white boiler suits, complete with dollar signs, full names, etc etc - good work!

the massive scottish dude who may well have been sasquatch behind me, who shouted "B-E-A-S-T-I-E" all the way thru - not a lot of need!!!

paul revere - again, we just don't seem to know the words, they seemed surprised, but then i reckon its never been a huge track in europe.

there were a few losers around me in standing who werent up for going crazy - we got a few "tuts" for even jumping up and down, but we ignored them to the fullest.

brass monkey - oh yes. oooooooooooooooh yeesssss.

sorry, this is a pants review, but my head is just banging. my mate took some amazing shots on his digital slr, i'll get them eventually.

great stuff, no disappointments, cheers!!

(anyone meet the jesus man afterwards outside the arena, the one from oxford st - "are you a sinner or a winner" - with the eyebrows - u know what i mean!!)
Old 12-08-2004, 10:43 AM
when laces were pphat....

paul revere, paul revere? i spat every f*cking word.
i must say that no one around me knew the words either.
maybe because im an old skooler or i was somewhere a long long way from the stage, i dunno, but the BB really helped me out by coming to the back for intergallactic (nice touch, did you moshers know where they were, cuz i thought you might have bumrushed the stage to find em)

and i have to add, (my only down point) talib qwali, that guy fell off a long time ago and does not deserve to be on the same stage as the BB, jiggy jiggy, next time we'll probably get a real r n b star (jokes)

nice atempt by that dude trying to get into standing, i wonder if they threw his ass right outta the venue, unlucky if they did, should have sat in his seat and not missed a bomb gig.

luckly ive now got see the three phatest hip hop outfits in the world, beastie boys, jurassic 5 and ugly duckling, i'll never wash these eyes again
Old 12-08-2004, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olav The Hairy
Of course the kung fu cats

But the backflipping nun-chucking karate master without equilibrium made 2 old men cry with laughter

And Mr Diamonds "Deirdre Barlow Bling" glasses were an undisputed highlight
The Nunchuka incident is available for continued amusement here: http://www.kontraband.com/show/show....T=movies&NSFW=
Old 12-08-2004, 10:47 AM
CANADA'S BIGGEST BBOY FAN

u guys are too lucky!!

http://mic-to-mic.blogspot.com/

Old 12-08-2004, 10:55 AM
Flowery

Not sure if it is something that has to do with the show, but why is everyone writing that "Iaammmmmm aalllllright?" A little confused, please enlighten.
Old 12-08-2004, 11:01 AM
feeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahd
Not sure if it is something that has to do with the show, but why is everyone writing that "Iaammmmmm aalllllright?" A little confused, please enlighten.
oh, just a little in joke heh heh

It was kind of like this call-and-response thing the Boys had going with the audience.

Dunno about the rest of you lot, but I went to the show w/3 friends who also are co workers, but we're all in different departments, and so all day as we've passed eachother in the halls and such, it's become our standard greeting. Everyone else thinks we've lost our minds.
Old 12-08-2004, 11:08 AM
Twit

thank you very much for the link all skeelz to you sir!

secondly, "IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIII'M doing alright" was started by Mr Horovitz. It's all his fault

Saepe Intereunt aliis meditantes necem

Old 12-08-2004, 11:11 AM

Wink Re: Wembley Review - Sort of!

Santa's misses here

They told the crowd to say "IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII'm doinalright when asked how they were. People sort of forgot later on so we were asked to ask them how they were doing and we were told......."IIIIIIIII'mmmm doinalright!!!!"
Hope this clears thing up for ya!!
Luv u all. Peace
Old 12-08-2004, 11:12 AM
Flowery

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms.peachy
oh, just a little in joke heh heh

It was kind of like this call-and-response thing the Boys had going with the audience.

Dunno about the rest of you lot, but I went to the show w/3 friends who also are co workers, but we're all in different departments, and so all day as we've passed eachother in the halls and such, it's become our standard greeting. Everyone else thinks we've lost our minds.
Thank you for the info, us Americans need all the info we can get!! Glad you enjoyed the show, I saw them in Chicago last month, absolutely amazing.