Go Back   Beastie Boys Message Board > Beastie Boys > General Beastie Boys Discussion

Old 09-17-2010, 02:48 AM
I'm flowing prose to cons

Default Adam Yauch Update and New Photo.

I am sorry if I sound so dramatic but I just absolutely love and adore Yauch and I worry about him often. I almost didn't recognize him from the photo. Anyway MictoMic updated this about an hour ago. New photo of Adam and some info on his health. I am so happy to see him. sigh.

Michele Lupi, the editor-in-chief of GQ Italy, has become an unusual source for an update on Adam Yauch. In an editorial posted at GQ.com Italy, Lupi describes meeting Yauch in Venice this month and shares details from personal conversations with Yauch.

In his editorial (published in Italian HERE), Lupi explains how he came to connect with Yauch. The story goes that Lupi was contacted by Italian rapper Jovanotti, a friend of Yauch's, to help Yauch find a house to rent in Venice while he attended the Venice Film Festival. Lupi used his connections to help out Yauch.

During a party for the Venice Film Festival, Lupi ran into Yauch and introduced himself as the guy who helped him with the house. Yauch thanked him, and the two chatted casually. Lupi decided to brave the personal question about Yauch's health and was surprised that Yauch responded openly and frankly. Yauch told Lupi that after 12 months of trying to beat the cancer, he believes that he has finally found the cure. Yauch said the trip to Venice and the Venice Film Festival was to celebrate the cure.

http://www.mictomic.com/2010/09/adam...l#comment-form

Direct link to photo:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_pKVyfb8R6J...600/gq0910.jpg

Bottom line is that for those small handful who were so insensitive about the long hiatus it is obvious he was really hurting and what he needs most is total love and support. Which I know for the most part his fans got his back anyway. SO good to see him, I mean I am just so happy.

I don't even know if happy is the word, thrilled, relieved, all of those things. Good things to come I can feel it. bless him.

I'll never turn back 'cause that's the way I've got to live.....

https://twitter.com/beastieboysnews

Last edited by JoLovesMCA : 09-17-2010 at 02:53 AM.
Old 09-17-2010, 04:40 AM
Prince Of Scrabble

Default Re: Adam Yauch Update and New Photo.

'Found the cure?' I don't know what that means. But I hope it means his treatment is going well. Thanks for the update and the pic
Old 09-17-2010, 05:38 AM
Phone your mom or dad!

Thanks Jo, and thanks to mic2mic

great to see ya, Yauch!!

I DON'T WEAR CROCS
AND I DON'T WEAR SANDLES
I GOT THE CUSTOM MADE BOOTS
WITH THE SPIKY THINGS

Old 09-17-2010, 06:12 AM
Rest in Peace Yauch

That picture looks like something out of a James Bond film.

Get well Yauch!

Thank You Adam Yauch

Old 09-17-2010, 07:50 AM

i'm cosigning with KP...use your old user name!

thank you Adam.

Old 09-17-2010, 10:32 AM

good news.I hope your having a good time in italy and trying out your recipe for pasta with pesto.
Old 09-17-2010, 10:42 AM

Cheers for the Photo Jo

The weak get crushed as the strong grow stronger

Old 09-17-2010, 01:20 PM
There is only passion.

i nominate you the president of these boards, Jo. great news!

Oxtail, rice and peas, and ginger beer.

Old 09-17-2010, 01:37 PM
Human Ornament

Yacuh looks great!!! Good news. I feel an official update coming soon.

Throw my hands up at this world sometimes,
People get shot for fucking clothing,
Then nation's best dressed genocide....

Old 09-17-2010, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj hood View Post
i'm cosigning with KP...use your old user name!
it is lolable how jo knows none of what you are referring to.

very basic Internet sleuthing would debunk your theory.

Que cosa fai? Come stai?
Ho fato molte telefonate
Old 09-17-2010, 07:06 PM
to the top

thanks for the update. glad to hear. he looks good. cheers~

interesting that pic looks like one of them old polaroids!
Old 09-17-2010, 08:24 PM

Disappointed that the treatments didn't go as smoothly as hoped.

Happy that things look like they are on the way up.

We love Yauch!
Old 09-17-2010, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by acamus View Post
i nominate you the president of these boards, Jo. great news!
LOL you are guys are too cool.

Quote:
JasonP Disappointed that the treatments didn't go as smoothly as hoped.

Happy that things look like they are on the way up.

We love Yauch!
Me too. I wish it had gone smoother tooo.... I am glad though the worst part seems over.

Old 09-18-2010, 12:25 AM

no, bless you jo.
Old 09-18-2010, 09:41 AM
Rest in Peace Yauch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turchinator View Post
very basic Internet sleuthing would debunk your theory.
Somebody say Columbo....

Thank You Adam Yauch

Old 09-18-2010, 10:17 PM
Mad Child

It guts me to think he's had to deal with this shit for 12 months. I thought he'd go through his initial round of radiation and it would be over. Hopefully it is over for real this time, although the phrase "found the cure" makes me feel a little unsettled. I'm hoping its just a bad italian translation and they meant to say that the cancer is in remission and wont be coming back.

Anyway, Yauch if you are reading this I wish you continued health in the future and am genuinely happy you are doing better. You get to rent houses in Italy and go to the film festivals. How great is that?!

Thats insane, you're stupid...you should sleep late man, it's just much easier on your constitution.

Old 09-19-2010, 03:30 AM
:(

I think i feel worse about it all now. Yauch looks pretty fragile in that photo.....and they hope they've found the cure now?? Shit. It's great that he's obviously well enough to be off out on trips and shit but i totally thought he was further along the road to recovery than this. Keep getting better Yauch.
Old 09-19-2010, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbsuey View Post
I think i feel worse about it all now. Yauch looks pretty fragile in that photo.....and they hope they've found the cure now?? Shit. It's great that he's obviously well enough to be off out on trips and shit but i totally thought he was further along the road to recovery than this. Keep getting better Yauch.
He looks really fragile so that's why I hope the people who were rude about how he was delaying things so badly might feel like real asses.

The last message we got from Adam and the way he delivered the news made it sound like oh they will just work on this one area it will all go away, but then I don't even think he knew the kind of toll radiation would take on his body. I wouldn't expect him to either because his case was so centered on one small area.....but I guess now we all know it's not been a walk in the park for him. And then think of the emotional aspect of having the pressure of letting down his band mates and fans and stuff. Adam's a caring guy. I am sure it made him feel worse at times. Even though he shouldn't feel that way. :/ Anyway Adam if you're lurking update us soon!! That is when or if you are up to it!

Last edited by JoLovesMCA : 09-19-2010 at 04:42 PM.
Old 09-20-2010, 05:28 AM

It's astounding that some people have been more concerned about getting hold of new material, i doubt very much that Mike and Adrock are feeling the same way about getting it out there. Ultimately he's their friend and though we might not like it, what's been going on with Yauch isn't really any of our business. It's his own personal shit and whilst i'm sure he totally appreciates all the love and best wishes and cards we all sending him, we can do nothing but hope he recovers and that we will one day get to see him up on stage again. And if we don't, so be it, they already made some of the best ever memories for me.
Old 09-20-2010, 07:35 AM
Current Member

I'd take Adam Yach alive and well over my own wish to hear more B-Boys.

I only started talking about new material of late because I was optimistic. I hoped against hope that they were tweaking the album, and back together as a unit and all was eventually going to be well. Even that Propellerhead marketing stuff had me thinking positive. And Cey didn't give any indication things were looking sketchy, his laidback nature on the poscast had me thinking it was moving ahead. And so it seems now it is not. Or it is, but much, much slower than I believed.

I get now why we haven't heard anything. Why tell people something if the only thing you can tell them is going to upset them? This shit was tough, he's been really fighting this. I thought dude was gonna storm home. It seemed like he was, and I suppose I imagined he wanted the time with his family before the grind of promoting the record. Or they were making the record into something different - my mind went everywhere but the truth: the shit was hard going.

I don't want to be like that other boardmember acting like Morissey on this forum with his dead dog and be all "the band is finished", but I don't think they're going to bounce back to being the Beastie Boys quickly. I am finally admitting that to myself.

For a band that to me have always been about the next step, the forward move, it seems like things are kind of winding up. It seems more insurmountable than I first thought. Mad respect to Yauch for this battle, mad respect to the band for all the memories, fucking great catalogue of music, ideas, energy. I don't think it's the end of the group (yet), but I've fought my own nature to be optimistic about this and I think I'm ready to really wait. And if all I'm waiting for is a "Thanks, we're out of here", then so be it.

When this shit was announced on youtube last year, I was going to call the Paul's Boutique number and leave a voice-mail. It was going to be Yauch's second verse from B-Boys in the Cut, sung in the style of Scott Stapp. I wish I'd done it now.

It feels like things are coming full circle on this forum. Maybe in a year or so they'll drop an album and it will be what they want to put out, and what we want to hear, and they will all be happy and healthy and we can put this behind us. Maybe I'm wrong, and I've proven to myself why it's a bad idea to post from the heart on the internet. lol.

"Reality's a bitch and I heard that she bite"
- Common

Shout at the Devil!

Last edited by Kid Presentable : 09-20-2010 at 07:37 AM.
Old 09-20-2010, 08:00 AM

Nothing wrong with posting from the heart....just so long as you realize there'll always be a sad tossbag ready to cut you down for it. S'what i've learned anyway.

They're not the Beastie Boys without Yauch so nothing doing but patience.
Old 09-20-2010, 10:04 AM

everybody wants yauch well....

but i do feel that we should get some kind of update about the new album.....yauch doesn't have to even make the announcement either....Capitol or management can do it....we're like the shareholders of the 'company'....i don't think that's a lot to ask!

thank you Adam.

Old 09-20-2010, 11:24 AM

Cool Re: Adam Yauch Update and New Photo.

I knew u were overcome this problem amigo Yauch, Im really happy to read good news about you. Greetings from Perú!
Old 09-20-2010, 04:09 PM
crazy sniffable

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj hood View Post
everybody wants yauch well....

but i do feel that we should get some kind of update about the new album.....yauch doesn't have to even make the announcement either....Capitol or management can do it....we're like the shareholders of the 'company'....i don't think that's a lot to ask!

What are they supposed to say? "Hey, we still don't know when the album is coming out. Just though we'd tell you that."

everything's so up in the air, so why announce something on a whim and get the fans all revved up if it's subject to change at any moment?

it's just 2 wheels and me, the wind in eyes...

Old 09-20-2010, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother McDuff View Post
What are they supposed to say? "Hey, we still don't know when the album is coming out. Just though we'd tell you that."

everything's so up in the air, so why announce something on a whim and get the fans all revved up if it's subject to change at any moment?
ya obviously....but when there is finally news, you know its going to come from somewhere else and not here.

thank you Adam.

Old 09-20-2010, 05:01 PM

Post Re: Adam Yauch Update and New Photo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Presentable View Post
I'd take Adam Yach alive and well over my own wish to hear more B-Boys.

I only started talking about new material of late because I was optimistic. I hoped against hope that they were tweaking the album, and back together as a unit and all was eventually going to be well. Even that Propellerhead marketing stuff had me thinking positive. And Cey didn't give any indication things were looking sketchy, his laidback nature on the poscast had me thinking it was moving ahead. And so it seems now it is not. Or it is, but much, much slower than I believed.

I get now why we haven't heard anything. Why tell people something if the only thing you can tell them is going to upset them? This shit was tough, he's been really fighting this. I thought dude was gonna storm home. It seemed like he was, and I suppose I imagined he wanted the time with his family before the grind of promoting the record. Or they were making the record into something different - my mind went everywhere but the truth: the shit was hard going.

I don't want to be like that other boardmember acting like Morissey on this forum with his dead dog and be all "the band is finished", but I don't think they're going to bounce back to being the Beastie Boys quickly. I am finally admitting that to myself.

For a band that to me have always been about the next step, the forward move, it seems like things are kind of winding up. It seems more insurmountable than I first thought. Mad respect to Yauch for this battle, mad respect to the band for all the memories, fucking great catalogue of music, ideas, energy. I don't think it's the end of the group (yet), but I've fought my own nature to be optimistic about this and I think I'm ready to really wait. And if all I'm waiting for is a "Thanks, we're out of here", then so be it.

When this shit was announced on youtube last year, I was going to call the Paul's Boutique number and leave a voice-mail. It was going to be Yauch's second verse from B-Boys in the Cut, sung in the style of Scott Stapp. I wish I'd done it now.

It feels like things are coming full circle on this forum. Maybe in a year or so they'll drop an album and it will be what they want to put out, and what we want to hear, and they will all be happy and healthy and we can put this behind us. Maybe I'm wrong, and I've proven to myself why it's a bad idea to post from the heart on the internet. lol.

"Reality's a bitch and I heard that she bite"
- Common
I totally agree with you. Honestly I can wait, I really can. If we get any update I am not talking about album news. I am talking about "Adam is doing well news." Of course as gbsuey said it isn't our business and he isn't obligated but as a fan sometimes you feel like a part of the family and you worry about them just like his family and friends would. But hey that's up to him though. No matter what he chooses we'll all still be here waiting.

Anyway I was a little overly excited before about the new album too, but that was when we were told Adam was doing really well. I think we all had this vision that he was 100% healed but no he was still struggling... And there was this quote from him about getting in shape and feeling good. It just painted a really great picture, and then seeing that photo confirmed to me it wasn't. I mean he looked really small, small but happy. And so that was the positive part of the news. It looked like he'd be just fine.

I also forgot an interview he did while at one of his appearances around March. He said he simply could not tour because it required energy he just didn't have. I mean he's been saying little things here and there to indicate he just couldn't do it.

Anyway I want to add that the Beastie Boys have the best fans ever. No matter how long it takes between albums fans always come back to support them. I think that's why they figure that no matter how long it takes Yauch they know we will be waiting with bells on.

Last edited by JoLovesMCA : 09-20-2010 at 05:09 PM.
Old 09-23-2010, 12:55 AM

yo, fuck all the bullshit, most of yall stay bitchin, yall forgot what lifes about

yo yauch mazel tov to you and your family, stay up and strong big dog
Old 09-23-2010, 03:03 AM

When I see posts that upset me, I try to remember that some people haven't had a close relative or friend experience cancer. Even my friends who ended up making a full recovery went through a long period where they couldn't work full time, and their jobs involved merely sitting in desks in offices.

When my dad first got cancer he was hospitalized off and on for a year while they were fighting it. We had some good moments and some miserable ones. It changed everything about how our family operated. I made me furious when my friends' parents would ask for details about my dad's treatment. No one who is fighting a serious disease should be expected to issue press releases.
Old 09-23-2010, 10:30 AM
Swollen Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Documad View Post
When I see posts that upset me, I try to remember that some people haven't had a close relative or friend experience cancer. Even my friends who ended up making a full recovery went through a long period where they couldn't work full time, and their jobs involved merely sitting in desks in offices.

When my dad first got cancer he was hospitalized off and on for a year while they were fighting it. We had some good moments and some miserable ones. It changed everything about how our family operated. I made me furious when my friends' parents would ask for details about my dad's treatment. No one who is fighting a serious disease should be expected to issue press releases.
A-fuckin-men.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms.peachy View Post
Is she tug-job fodder for your average 22 year old? No, probably not, but so what?

Old 09-23-2010, 05:50 PM
Phone your mom or dad!

Yauch I don't think you look fragile in the shot at all. Had to throw that in here because i read it a few times. Not all of us think that!

I DON'T WEAR CROCS
AND I DON'T WEAR SANDLES
I GOT THE CUSTOM MADE BOOTS
WITH THE SPIKY THINGS