Old 12-07-2021, 12:52 PM

Default Re: Beastie Boys Music

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3stooges View Post
They'll do something eventually. New music, tour, etc. It won't be Beasties but it will be a different name. Like Dead and Co. type thing. Would be very surprised if this doesn't happen at some point. All those cool songs they made are just going to sit around and never be played live again? Come on.
I wouldn't mind if they did a live show at festivals where they covered classic rap songs that influenced them.

It would just be good to see them perform live again.
Old 12-08-2021, 04:34 AM
shaZam!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarenceAlabama View Post

It would just be good to see them perform live again.
Yeahh!!

Latin lingo baby funky bilingual funky bilingual
Yeah, funky bilingual
It's the latin lingo!

Old 12-08-2021, 11:34 AM

Quote:
They'll do something eventually. New music, tour, etc. It won't be Beasties but it will be a different name. Like Dead and Co. type thing. Would be very surprised if this doesn't happen at some point. All those cool songs they made are just going to sit around and never be played live again? Come on.
Hmmmmm. REM seem to be alright letting their songs sit around. Not everything has to be resurrected, even more so when such an integral part is missing. People can move on from what’s defined them. If either Adam or Mike want to make music then by all means, I’m intrigued, and they obviously can do whatever they want Beastie-wise. But I’m not sure what anyone gets out of 2/3’s of the Beasties performing Intergalactic, and I sense that it has limited appeal to Adam and Mike themselves. Something instrument driven on the other hand seems more likely to me, even more so something new entirely. But I’d be surprised.

Quote:
DIAMOND: He wishes he could be here right now. So do we.

Last edited by dave790 : 12-08-2021 at 11:45 AM.
Old 12-08-2021, 04:03 PM
crazy sniffable

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave790 View Post
Hmmmmm. REM seem to be alright letting their songs sit around. Not everything has to be resurrected, even more so when such an integral part is missing. People can move on from what’s defined them. If either Adam or Mike want to make music then by all means, I’m intrigued, and they obviously can do whatever they want Beastie-wise. But I’m not sure what anyone gets out of 2/3’s of the Beasties performing Intergalactic, and I sense that it has limited appeal to Adam and Mike themselves. Something instrument driven on the other hand seems more likely to me, even more so something new entirely. But I’d be surprised.

what he said.

it's just 2 wheels and me, the wind in eyes...

Old 12-09-2021, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave790 View Post
been saying this for years.
Old 12-09-2021, 05:08 PM

Arrow Re: Beastie Boys Music

I'd be a little scared to hear new music for fear that it might not be all that great. I've come to appreciate the fact that sometimes resurrecting the past is just a bad idea. I mean, look at what happened to Star Wars. Sometimes it's better to just let things be. I'd be perfectly satisfied to hear Mike and Adam tell old stories for the rest of their lives like they did on the book tour. That was more than enough for me to get my Beastie Boys fix.

On the other hand, the third season of Twin Peaks was brilliant. 20 years later and it was somehow as good as not better. That seems to be the exception though, not the rule.
Old 12-09-2021, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir SkratchaLot View Post
On the other hand, the third season of Twin Peaks was brilliant. 20 years later and it was somehow as good as not better. That seems to be the exception though, not the rule.
there was 30 years between Thunderdome and Fury Road.

i know Adrock is still making beats and i wish he would share them. the beat culture is huge nowadays and i would love to hear what he’s been chopping up. he could bring back BS2000 and start dropping beat tapes.
Old 12-09-2021, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micodin View Post
there was 30 years between Thunderdome and Fury Road.

i know Adrock is still making beats and i wish he would share them. the beat culture is huge nowadays and i would love to hear what he’s been chopping up. he could bring back BS2000 and start dropping beat tapes.
BS2000 Simply Mortified was a great album... It's been 20 years, but I would love a new album.
Old 12-10-2021, 06:44 PM
space cake cookie

Quote:
nah they are done. they haven't "rapped" in over 10 years except for that goofy champagne jerry softball coach thing horovitz did, and a few weird mike d karaoke cover slash dj sets.

as the years have passed i've really come to realize yauch was the whole band. meaning the lifeblood inspiration and reason they existed. and that's fine. growing up i always assumed horovitz was the de facto frontman but nah....it was yauch, it was always yauch. they simply cannot do music without him.

thank you adam adam & mike

Old 12-12-2021, 05:44 PM
shaZam!

Thumbs up Re: Beastie Boys Music

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarenceAlabama View Post
BS2000 Simply Mortified was a great album... It's been 20 years, but I would love a new album.
This would be awesome!! I love BS2000! I have the first record too and for quite a long time I thought I was listening to a Grand Royal band from Berlin!! Ja!Ja!Ja!

Yeah, funky bilingual
It's the latin lingo!

Old 12-15-2021, 03:34 AM

I don't see them rapping much. More as a band. They had lots of music without rapping. It just doesn't seem like it would be that hard to make a dope set. I bet their friends that toured with them would be into it. Just saying, I would not be surprised, either way.