Go Back   Beastie Boys Message Board > Beastie Boys > General Beastie Boys Discussion

Old 07-11-2022, 10:41 AM
space cake cookie

Default Re: Beastie Boys Music - New Hits LP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfatlove06 View Post
Hey CJ. I don't expect you to do anything other than what you do. Meaning I have no expectations. I like reading your posts and speculating as to what they might or might not mean. I can't say that I have learned much, if anything, about what is to come from the Beastie camp from you. Most of what you post is cryptic and really only provides what amounts to me as a wish list. You do have a gift for throwing out extremely vague nuggets here and there that wind up being accurate. As long as you want to throw them out I will enjoy trying to figure out what they mean. The picture you paint as I see it is that you can't say much because you are in the know. I can only weigh that against the possibility that you don't know much and you are speculating. If you sum it all up, you don't break news. You specialize in teases, which may or may not come to pass. When they do, you get credit for vague insinuations. When they don't you retain credibility with generalizations like "before the pandemic".

I really do like you and your posts. If you know something, though, stop trying to drop clever hints to those who will seek to interpret them to mean something as opposed to just telling us what you know. I haven't learned shit from you other than you guess right a fair bit. Sorry if it is an unearned criticism, but it is a genuine perspective.

haha, yea mike d the rapper aka cj hood, quit fucking with us

thank you adam adam & mike

Old 07-12-2022, 12:38 PM
shaZam!

Haha! look who's talking!

Latin lingo baby funky bilingual funky bilingual
Yeah, funky bilingual
It's the latin lingo!

Old 07-13-2022, 03:00 PM

Thumbs up Re: Beastie Boys Music - New Hits LP

Quote:
Hey CJ. I don't expect you to do anything other than what you do. Meaning I have no expectations. I like reading your posts and speculating as to what they might or might not mean. I can't say that I have learned much, if anything, about what is to come from the Beastie camp from you. Most of what you post is cryptic and really only provides what amounts to me as a wish list. You do have a gift for throwing out extremely vague nuggets here and there that wind up being accurate. As long as you want to throw them out I will enjoy trying to figure out what they mean. The picture you paint as I see it is that you can't say much because you are in the know. I can only weigh that against the possibility that you don't know much and you are speculating. If you sum it all up, you don't break news. You specialize in teases, which may or may not come to pass. When they do, you get credit for vague insinuations. When they don't you retain credibility with generalizations like "before the pandemic".

I really do like you and your posts. If you know something, though, stop trying to drop clever hints to those who will seek to interpret them to mean something as opposed to just telling us what you know. I haven't learned shit from you other than you guess right a fair bit. Sorry if it is an unearned criticism, but it is a genuine perspective.

I agree, couldn’t have said it better myself.
Old 07-14-2022, 08:55 AM

Quote:

last time i was specific i got a call from ian rodgers and a meeting with john silva.......if you can't connect the dots then i can't help you.......irregardless (not a real world), nothing is on the horizon....

thank you Adam.

Old 07-15-2022, 09:23 AM
Current Member

I just wanna say cj hood is the man.

Shout at the Devil!

Old 07-15-2022, 02:28 PM
space cake cookie

sometimes feel like we're in that aintitcoolnews phase

which btw if there are any movie nerds like me there is a new pod called download that documents the rise and fall of aicn and harry knowles, it's fantastic

Old 07-16-2022, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Presentable View Post
I just wanna say cj hood is the man.
👍👍👍

thank you Adam.

Old 07-21-2022, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj hood View Post
last time i was specific i got a call from ian rodgers and a meeting with john silva.......if you can't connect the dots then i can't help you.......irregardless (not a real world), nothing is on the horizon....
That's Fair. I can't connect the dots. So those were just my thoughts. You have been on this board longer than I have, so I assume you are familiar with people saying what they want and garnering responses. It isn't a slight on your character or credibility. Good luck with working out the kinks with John and Ian.
Old 07-21-2022, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fonky pizza View Post
Haha! look who's talking!
I'm just a fan with no connections to the Beastie camp. I just collect stuff.
Old 07-21-2022, 03:40 PM
R.I.P. Brooklyn

What the fuck just happened here?

That Shit was like -
‘you’re the worst but then you’re also the best. You get nothing right except for when you get everything right. I like reading your posts but honestly reading your posts does nothing for me. You’re soooo vague that it’s actually sooo accurate. You just fuck with us, hardly say anything real, probably know nothing but nothing against you of course! I love you’
Old 07-21-2022, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extra Cheese View Post

That Shit was like -
‘you’re the worst but then you’re also the best. You get nothing right except for when you get everything right. I like reading your posts but honestly reading your posts does nothing for me. You’re soooo vague that it’s actually sooo accurate. You just fuck with us, hardly say anything real, probably know nothing but nothing against you of course! I love you’
was wondering the exact same bro. #FREECJHOOD
Old 07-22-2022, 07:26 AM

Quote:

That Shit was like -
This!

BTW: I've been hearing this shit since the alt board in '96. It's old hat.

thank you Adam.

Old 07-22-2022, 10:08 AM
space cake cookie

Quote:
..... nothing is on the horizon....
or it can just be said....dots connected.

o well, the occasional pic of horovitz toasting marshmallows is good enough i guess.

i'm game if the horizon lifts and you want to drop some breadcrumbs.

Last edited by dust monkey : 07-22-2022 at 10:54 AM.
Old 07-22-2022, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micodin View Post
was wondering the exact same bro. #FREECJHOOD
💪🏻🇺🇸🍺💪🏻

thank you Adam.

Old 07-22-2022, 01:53 PM

Quote:

That Shit was like -
What happened was me telling Hood that everything he posts is so vague it isn't useful to me. I don't think hes the worst or the best. His info isn't useful. I think you summed it up nicely.

Here is a tip for everybody, tomorrow the sun will come up and it may rain. I respect him for his time in the game, but whatever info he provides lacks particulars, so what is it good for?

If he knows something he can't tell us, ok. If he wants to hint at it, ok. If I want to say his hints aren't useful because I don't know what he even means, not ok?

Last edited by bigfatlove06 : 07-22-2022 at 02:04 PM. Reason: Additional Thought
Old 07-23-2022, 08:51 AM
shaZam!

Quote:
I'm just a fan with no connections to the Beastie camp. I just collect stuff.
I know I have a suspect on almost everyone of you guys so I guess it's a compliment!

Yeah, funky bilingual
It's the latin lingo!

Old 07-23-2022, 12:17 PM

Quote:
What happened was me telling Hood that everything he posts is so vague it isn't useful to me. I don't think hes the worst or the best. His info isn't useful. I think you summed it up nicely.

Here is a tip for everybody, tomorrow the sun will come up and it may rain. I respect him for his time in the game, but whatever info he provides lacks particulars, so what is it good for?

If he knows something he can't tell us, ok. If he wants to hint at it, ok. If I want to say his hints aren't useful because I don't know what he even means, not ok?
Well I was wrong...keep your eye on that horizon. #2019

thank you Adam.

Old 07-23-2022, 12:31 PM

CJ Hoodstradamus
Old 07-23-2022, 10:57 PM

Ah... The circle of life.
Old 07-24-2022, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Wait... Does this mean something is coming from the boys this year?... I'm confused.
Old 07-25-2022, 12:35 PM
space cake cookie

Quote:
i don't know a whole lot about this Q thing, not the star trek Q but the burn american down Q. that said, i imagine this would be the equivalent of a Q-drop on those chan message boards. hood-drop. CJ-drop. it's not quite as catchy but i can imagine all those wackadoos scrambling after a Q-drop to "connect the dots" as CJ would say, like we do with him.

of course we're not cosplay capital erectionist's, our numbers have dwindled and we pose little threat to anyone but ourselves perhaps.

no harm intended to any Q's though i would mean all the disrespect, though i can't imagine anyone here would be on that shit.

Old 07-25-2022, 06:03 PM
R.I.P. Brooklyn

I soooooo hope it’s yet another compilation with the usual track list of brass monkey, so what cha want, intergalactic, shake your rump, sabotage, root down
Old 08-11-2022, 07:05 PM

For anyone who can connect the dots better than I can, here is a summary of all the comments that Hood has posted in this thread.

money grab

this will build into something bigger....

ya they're back..

The next release will be the one we've been waiting for....

no

A lot was planned before the pandemic, but they suffer from short term memory....

👍👍👍

This!

BTW: I've been hearing this shit since the alt board in '96. It's old hat.

💪🏻🇺🇸🍺💪🏻

I can't make anything substantial out of it, but I'm sure that is because I don't function at a high enough level to differentiate statements designed to tease versus inform.
Old 08-11-2022, 08:32 PM
R.I.P. Brooklyn

Quote:
here is a summary of all the comments that Hood has posted in this thread.
All those comments are responses though. You’re acting as if he started the post and just wrote gibberish. He might have some threads like that I don’t know. But you’re having trouble “connecting the dots” on his opinion when he responds “money grab” to a post about another compilation?

Quote:
I really do like you and your posts.
If you like CJ’s posts then what’s going here.
Old 08-13-2022, 10:23 AM

Nothing is going on other than me trying to take whatever he posts and trying to coalesce it into something meaningful to me. I've failed so far, but I enjoy making the effort to do so because it might actually result in me coming to understand what's coming next.
Old 08-14-2022, 05:40 AM

this is starting to get into the creepy cyberstalking and entitlement territory with all these unprovoked attacks. i expect pretty soon homeboy is going to start writing Stan letters and locking Hood in the truck of his car.
Old 08-14-2022, 08:11 PM

Quote:
this is starting to get into the creepy cyberstalking and entitlement territory with all these unprovoked attacks. i expect pretty soon homeboy is going to start writing Stan letters and locking Hood in the truck of his car.
Sorry man. I don't want to put out that vibe. I don't feel entitled, or intend to attack anyone. If you or anybody else gets that impression, then I'll be glad to tone it down. Anything specific that I need to do to prevent you or others from feeling like I am a creepy Stan just let me know.
Old 08-23-2022, 10:13 AM
begs to differ

Thumbs up Re: Beastie Boys Music - New Hits LP

Quote:
I got a big ass reticulated pirate telescope scanning for signs of life.
Old 08-24-2022, 10:16 AM
shaZam!

Quote:
CJ Hoodstradamus
CJ Robin Hood

Yeah, funky bilingual
It's the latin lingo!

Old 09-07-2022, 08:50 AM
One Fly Gemini

For what it’s worth, I’m pretty damn sure they are done releasing stuff that we don’t already own. I do love the updated t-shirts in the store.

Next release:
TT5B (20th anniversary)
Ill Communication 30th anniversary (2024)
The In Sounds From Way Out - 4LP 180 gram vinyl reissue
Aglio E Olio cassette edition
The Mix-Up 4 LP remastered (2027)
Hello Nasty 30th anniversary (2028)
The Sounds of Science re-remastered (2029)

"We're the Beastie Boys from New York City, this song is dedicated to Macy" - Adrock introducing "Gratitude" at Virgin Festival.

Macy (Jan 3, 2000 - Aug 3, 2007)

http://www.facebook.com/daveblev