Old 06-16-2023, 07:56 PM

Default Hot Sauce Committee Releases

I didn't want to spam the thread about the discovery of the HALSFY 7" that J Devious found, so I started this one. I have basically started digging through everything and trying to put it in context chronologically. Here is the link to what I think was the first to release in 2009. I have a copy of the US 12", several of the EU 12", and 3 of the "Reloaded on vinyl.

If anybody wants a copy just email me.

I also have the Denmark CD "Promo", and the Netherlands "Promo" on CD but I never could verify that they were legit. There is also a Finland "Promo" on discogs. In any case, the pre-Zdar TMR release and subsequent bootlegs are (I think) pretty much covered. Thoughts?

Photos and brief explanation.
Old 06-18-2023, 08:58 PM

Default Re: Hot Sauce Committee Releases

I think the next physical release was the Lee Majors 7" from the Check Your Head Deluxe Edition. That one gave us the complete 2009 version of Lee Majors Come again and the pella for B-Boys In The Cut. I don't have any of those left, sadly, but I did archive it.

Around the same time, on the digital front, those signed up for emails received mp3 versions of the hook and the instrumental for B-Boys In the Cut (which was one of the coolest moves ever from "El Bando"). Those were uploaded on this board and at beastiemixes as remix tools. I am sure there were multiple attempts to reconstruct the complete tracks from a bunch of remixers. The one I remember sounding the most accurate was from nYgel who was hosted on beastiemixes. In any case we had complete versions of TMR, LMCA, and (approximately) BBITC from 2009.

If I am missing any gaps, please let me know! Next came the video game tie ins...

Last edited by bigfatlove06 : 06-18-2023 at 09:18 PM. Reason: Closed parentheses
Old 06-18-2023, 10:04 PM

This is where things get a bit murky. If you assume (as I do) that the 7" single for Long Burn The Fire b/w Here's A Little Something For Ya (discovered by J Devious) was going to be a bonus 7" for either the Ill Communication or Hello Nasty Deluxe Reissue then it would have been released right around this time. It is definitely up for debate, but I am comfortable placing it approximately here in the timeline of physical releases.

The last show at Bonnaroo was July 12 2009. The Ill Communication 3xLP Deluxe Edition was released on 9-31-2009. Whether the 7" was intended for the Ill Communication Deluxe or Hello Nasty Deluxe I have no idea, but it fits in here in that it was after they cancelled their tour due to Yauch's cancer, and before the Ill Communication Deluxe Remaster was released.

I am not good at researching run out grooves, but for anyone who is...
The run out grooves for the Lee Majors promo 7" included
R-21597 for the A side
R-21598 for the B side
The run out grooves for the Long Burn The Fire 7" included
R-21838 for the A side
R-21839 for the B side

In terms of the lyrics, and how they may help place those tracks in proper chronology, we can add the DJ Shadow mixes into the mystery. Maybe KP or someone else can comment...

Whatever the case may be, we can add HALSFY and LBTF to the list of tracks that were previewed in 2009 prior to the delay of HSCP1.
Old 06-18-2023, 10:56 PM

On the video game previews that we got...

NBA Live 10 gave us a clean version of Pop Your Balloon on 9-6-2009. So we can add PYB as the 6th 2009 track that appeared in some form or another from 2009.

DJ Hero gave us the DJ Shadow remixes of Here's A Little Something For Ya released on 10-27-2009. Those lyrics may or may not shed light onto how the song evolved. Stems of the track have been archived. Additionally Cut Chemist did a remix of Lee Majors Come Again. Stems of the track have been archived.

Last edited by bigfatlove06 : 06-18-2023 at 11:17 PM. Reason: Cut Chemist
Old 06-19-2023, 02:56 AM
Current Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfatlove06 View Post
I think the next physical release was the Lee Majors 7" from the Check Your Head Deluxe Edition. That one gave us the complete 2009 version of Lee Majors Come again and the pella for B-Boys In The Cut. I don't have any of those left, sadly, but I did archive it.

Around the same time, on the digital front, those signed up for emails received mp3 versions of the hook and the instrumental for B-Boys In the Cut (which was one of the coolest moves ever from "El Bando"). Those were uploaded on this board and at beastiemixes as remix tools. I am sure there were multiple attempts to reconstruct the complete tracks from a bunch of remixers. The one I remember sounding the most accurate was from nYgel who was hosted on beastiemixes. In any case we had complete versions of TMR, LMCA, and (approximately) BBITC from 2009.

If I am missing any gaps, please let me know! Next came the video game tie ins...
The CYH reissues (and therefore Lee Majors) came way before TMR tho? Unless you mean the physical release of these 7” beyond/after CYH bonus shenanigans? Like as part of RSD or sumshit?

Shout at the Devil!

Last edited by Kid Presentable : 06-19-2023 at 02:59 AM.
Old 06-19-2023, 02:49 PM

You're right KP. My memory was flawed.
Old 06-19-2023, 04:04 PM
Current Member

Quote:
You're right KP. My memory was flawed.
You’re doing better than most of us, dude. Love your work.

Shout at the Devil!

Old 06-20-2023, 12:45 AM
Current Member

Quote:
This is where things get a bit murky. If you assume (as I do) that the 7" single for Long Burn The Fire b/w Here's A Little Something For Ya (discovered by J Devious) was going to be a bonus 7" for either the Ill Communication or Hello Nasty Deluxe Reissue then it would have been released right around this time. It is definitely up for debate, but I am comfortable placing it approximately here in the timeline of physical releases.

The last show at Bonnaroo was July 12 2009. The Ill Communication 3xLP Deluxe Edition was released on 9-31-2009. Whether the 7" was intended for the Ill Communication Deluxe or Hello Nasty Deluxe I have no idea, but it fits in here in that it was after they cancelled their tour due to Yauch's cancer, and before the Ill Communication Deluxe Remaster was released.

I am not good at researching run out grooves, but for anyone who is...
The run out grooves for the Lee Majors promo 7" included
R-21597 for the A side
R-21598 for the B side
The run out grooves for the Long Burn The Fire 7" included
R-21838 for the A side
R-21839 for the B side

In terms of the lyrics, and how they may help place those tracks in proper chronology, we can add the DJ Shadow mixes into the mystery. Maybe KP or someone else can comment...

Whatever the case may be, we can add HALSFY and LBTF to the list of tracks that were previewed in 2009 prior to the delay of HSCP1.
To try and be helpful re: HALSFY lyrics, it's MCA's first verse after the break which is the giveaway and the biggest surprise from the recent pella. Until recently it was assumed he changed two verses as part of the Zdar project. We now know that one of those changes was in place at the time plans were put on hold, per the acapella.

1. Dr Ochek namedrop in MCA's verse is the version used in the DJ Hero mix. Assuming dev timelines this may have been current and provided as a rough mix around March 2009? Total guess on timing, could even have been earlier.

2. Dr Carlton Brassiere as the first verse after the break is from the 2009 acapella and presumably for inclusion in either IC or HN remaster; would have to be assumed to be the rendition to be used on the planned first HSC album prior to its postponement.

3. Queens Up Front verse is the only new Zdar-era-specific verse from MCA, along with Mike D's new m-m-m-m-m-m-Mike D verse.

Shout at the Devil!

Last edited by Kid Presentable : 06-20-2023 at 12:47 AM.
Old 06-20-2023, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Presentable View Post
Queens Up Front verse is the only new Zdar-era-specific verse from MCA, along with Mike D's new m-m-m-m-m-m-Mike D verse.
Maybe I missed something - isn't the LBTF Yauch opening new specifically to PT.II

I always assumed so - since he is talking about a Nexus 6 coming home to roost. Like in Blade Runner.

message board

Old 06-20-2023, 04:50 PM
Current Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiberish View Post
Maybe I missed something - isn't the LBTF Yauch opening new specifically to PT.II

I always assumed so - since he is talking about a Nexus 6 coming home to roost. Like in Blade Runner.
You mean Too Many Rappers and you’re correct, I was only meaning to refer to HALSFY in that example.

Shout at the Devil!

Old 06-22-2023, 08:25 PM

Here is a playlist of just about all of those tracks lumped together with the 2011 versions. If any of you want vinyl copies of these, I have most of them to sell...

LMCA

TMR

HALSFY

MSN

BBITC

DPNGTICW

Say It
Old 06-23-2023, 09:31 AM

Nice 👍 ^^

Thank you for that playlist. I enjoyed B-Boys In The Cut live version. Again, hearing these songs that were performed at the time as new and with all the excitement going with it etc… bittersweet.

Lee Majors sounds good too from the same show. One would presume the whole thing was recorded.

I haven’t seen the Make Some Noise full length video in quite some time, but from memory Say It is played at the end? So I’m presuming the audio for the video version for Say It is from that, as opposed to a version created for a video that was never released. Only I recall Say It being mooted as a single at one stage or another.

Anyway, great work again.

Quote:
DIAMOND: He wishes he could be here right now. So do we.

Old 06-24-2023, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Presentable View Post
You mean Too Many Rappers and you’re correct, I was only meaning to refer to HALSFY in that example.

yep! oops. nothing to see here, movie along. (this is a fun thread. it's nice to see life here again)

message board