Old 02-23-2017, 01:42 AM

Default Life without the Beastie Boys

Is it my age (43) or is life just not exciting anymore without the wait or the release of a brand new Beastie Boys album dropping?
Since the age of 14 i've enjoyed reading and watching interviews of the beasties, collecting and searching for their new styles of clothes and footwear and of course listening to amazing, rebelious music.
I mean even star wars does'nt fill the gap (my second love) is my life that sad, that a rap group should of meant that much to me?

"I don't wanna go to a health farm,I just wanna have a good time"

Old 02-23-2017, 07:40 AM
technically insane

Default Re: Life without the Beastie Boys

today is a blessing or a curse .... you decide

..... I get it, the best thing I got was a scavenger hunt at every store for Pilot Asty on the shelf. Oh and that TMR video.

I often think of myself as a looser for being a fan of such a secular thing, but the fact is I am still amazed by the growth and maturity of it all and HN has been in my car for the past 60 days and I am loving it more than ever.

Things change and that is for sure, but I cant, I wont, I dont stop.

one more note, 44 for me

earl@fuckyoumyman.com

Old 02-23-2017, 11:44 AM

Smile Re: Life without the Beastie Boys

Old 02-23-2017, 12:53 PM

I saw Run the Jewels last night in concert. The energy was incredible. It reminded me of 90s Beastie shows. Moments like that help ease the pain of life without Beasties.
Old 02-23-2017, 03:32 PM
Phone your mom or dad!

Yeah pesto I'm turning 42 this year and beastie boys have been my absolute favorite band since LTI came out. I'm sure most people that are on this message board still feel the same as us. I still check the board every single day.

I DON'T WEAR CROCS
AND I DON'T WEAR SANDLES
I GOT THE CUSTOM MADE BOOTS
WITH THE SPIKY THINGS

Old 02-24-2017, 01:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtydan11 View Post
Yeah pesto I'm turning 42 this year and beastie boys have been my absolute favorite band since LTI came out. I'm sure most people that are on this message board still feel the same as us. I still check the board every single day.

Old 02-24-2017, 02:56 PM
Up in your Crawlspace

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtydan11 View Post
Agree with this 150%. I also still check the board daily, and it bums me out when it goes days without new posts. That is when I am reminded of where we are in Beastie times...

Keep it on

Old 02-24-2017, 04:28 PM
PhD In Parapsychology

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradleystp View Post
Agree with this 150%. I also still check the board daily, and it bums me out when it goes days without new posts. That is when I am reminded of where we are in Beastie times...
Yep I feel the same way. I'm 32 so I've only been a fan since HN (terrible time to become a fan, had to wait 6 years for TT5B). But yeah I can't remember the last time I was as excited for something media related as I was for HSC and even that was tempered with some sadness. I keep hoping to hear more about the memoir soon and am excited to check out Adam H's new movies. I'd listen to Mike's radio show but the Apple Music App is terrible on Android. I do wonder if Yauch were still here how much they'd still be recording/touring. I feel like he was starting to get more into film. But that's another great loss, I would love to have seen a full length Adam Yauch film (aside from Gunnin').

TL;DR - it's definitely a bummer.

"There's more to me then you'll ever know." - Adam Yauch, Hey Ladies

Old 02-25-2017, 01:36 AM

I've posted before about how I feel like there was no real final, concluding moment with the Beastie Boys, despite the fact that Adam passed away and effectively ended the group. They put out their anthology, but then released 3 more albums. There was all the hubbub about Hot Sauce Committee and whether there would be a "Part 1." They all had side projects going on well before the group finally ended.

For me the Beastie Boys were always there. You could go years and years without a new album, and then they'd be back. They were part of the music world when they were teenagers and when they were gray. They were just always there. And now..... it's like the ride stopped but I haven't really been told to get off yet.

I still think of Hello Nasty as the "new" album, despite the fact that it's almost 20 years old. That hits me hard. If 20 years passed so quickly in between my concept of "new" music and now, I know that one day I'll realize that 40 years have passed. Then 60 if I'm still alive. I never really thought about it, but I wonder if that's how my grandparents felt about their music from the teens and 1920s..... god this is depressing. I need some brass monkey.
Old 03-14-2017, 07:26 AM
technically insane

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuc70021 View Post
I still think of Hello Nasty as the "new" album, .
so I put HN in my old car disk changer and it has been playing since January1 this year. I have been driving 60 miles a day for work and I cant stop listening and just yesterday I was thinking how I am hearing things Ive never heard.

earl@fuckyoumyman.com

Old 03-14-2017, 04:05 PM
Online Since 1999

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbott View Post
so I put HN in my old car disk changer and it has been playing since January1 this year. I have been driving 60 miles a day for work and I cant stop listening and just yesterday I was thinking how I am hearing things Ive never heard.
Every time I listen the first chords of the song #14, Song for Junior, a huge feeling of nostalgia grows in me. Not necessary in the bad way, but I just "see" myself listening to that particular song with 14 y.o. in a quiet spring night, watching the city lights, and I can describe exactly the feelings that I was feeling in that moment.
Other songs bring me back to past eras, but few songs bring me back to very specific moments. I love those songs, and Hello Nasty has many of them for me. I think it's a musical masterpiece, probably one of the last albums ever made. And by album I mean a whole artistic concept: musical coherence in all songs, the transitions between songs, the packaging and the overall spaceship concept... On the digital era we only have great songs, but no great albums, in my opinion.

beastiemixes.com

Old 03-15-2017, 06:42 AM
technically insane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uru-Nitro View Post
Every time I listen the first chords of the song #14, Song for Junior, a huge feeling of nostalgia grows in me. Not necessary in the bad way, but I just "see" myself listening to that particular song with 14 y.o. in a quiet spring night, watching the city lights, and I can describe exactly the feelings that I was feeling in that moment.
Other songs bring me back to past eras, but few songs bring me back to very specific moments. I love those songs, and Hello Nasty has many of them for me. I think it's a musical masterpiece, probably one of the last albums ever made. And by album I mean a whole artistic concept: musical coherence in all songs, the transitions between songs, the packaging and the overall spaceship concept... On the digital era we only have great songs, but no great albums, in my opinion.
Well for the past 15 days, I have started on track 14 and at the dedication back to track 14. probably the past 20 days. I cant quit right now.

so 14 is undeniable, Then I have been on some I Dont Know addiction and the others have just became daily new favorites here and there.

Not sure I could put up with such a limited number of tracks but 14 starts the set off so strong and evry little detail is so fucking nice ... or I have some type of limiting sickness....

earl@fuckyoumyman.com

Old 03-17-2017, 01:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uru-Nitro View Post
I 100% feel the same about past feelings and albums.Nice to know other people feel like me and the importance of music to a human being