Old 10-02-2013, 08:12 PM
good reactions, etc?

Default Re: Breaking Bad

ha, i didn't know he was a comedian. i guess it makes sense pairing him with bob odenkirk then.

speaking of, what do we think about this saul goodman spinoff? my first impression is that it seems uh...unnecessary, but breaking bad was good enough that i'm willing to give it the benefit of the doubt and see what it's actually like before i judge it.
Old 10-03-2013, 08:20 AM
just here for the .gifs

Ok so I tried watching again but I coukdnt get into it. I don't understand how stuff like stealing a baby and the family yelling at each other about lying makes sense. Or Walt calling after he stole his baby and saying all that stuff when they had obviously called the cops so it was probable the cops would be there.

I mean sure the show is creative but these ridiculous things that happen keep me from liking it. Maybe I'm being too hard on it. I don't know. I don't like Lost either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebasser View Post
So wait, this guy is driving around in his jeep with his cat and his television in the back and he's got his favourite music blaring away and... I think I've missed the point.

Old 10-03-2013, 10:39 AM
Basketball Jones

If you'd watched the entire series these things would make more sense. It's not the kind of show where you can just catch an episode here and there.

LOST shouldn't even be mentioned in the same breath as BB.

I have to return some video tapes.

Old 10-03-2013, 05:46 PM
good reactions, etc?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorothy Wood View Post
Ok so I tried watching again but I coukdnt get into it. I don't understand how stuff like stealing a baby and the family yelling at each other about lying makes sense. Or Walt calling after he stole his baby and saying all that stuff when they had obviously called the cops so it was probable the cops would be there.

I mean sure the show is creative but these ridiculous things that happen keep me from liking it. Maybe I'm being too hard on it. I don't know. I don't like Lost either.
yeah that was kind of the climax of a seasons-long buildup. it's like you skipped to the end of citizen kane and went "rosebud's a sled, who cares? i don't get it, this movie is dumb"
Old 10-03-2013, 07:39 PM
just here for the .gifs

Nah, it's not like that. I know the storyline, I'm just not attached to it. I think it's badly written. The stakes were so high but the reactions from the sister and the son were to the lying? Like oh no so many lies, I'll never get over the fact that you're a liar. Why'd they take it so personally?

Also the butcher knife part was dumb, why would Walt tackle Skylar? Goofy shit.

It's just fuckin dumb to me, the whole premise of the show and the trajectory of the storyline. No offense, people I respect really love the show (I even bought Breaking Bad themed art for my bf for Xmas). It's just not my taste, too silly, too many outrageous twists. I find myself hating it. I tried not to hate it. I'll prob watch the last few episodes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebasser View Post
So wait, this guy is driving around in his jeep with his cat and his television in the back and he's got his favourite music blaring away and... I think I've missed the point.

Old 10-04-2013, 08:24 PM
Hero

Quote:
I think it's badly written.
Ha!!!!!! Good one.

Long Burn the Fire

Adam Yauch

1964 - 2012

Old 10-05-2013, 04:41 PM
I'm back.

Quote:

I don't want to have to write out a giant paragraph right now, but that scene is in a long line of scenes that are later explained subtlety. There is a key scene later with Saul that explains why he was saying those things and why he called when he knew there would be cops.

You are missing things and then dismissing it because you didn't catch it.
Old 10-06-2013, 02:48 AM
Smart

Arrow Re: Breaking Bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfJIM View Post
I don't want to have to write out a giant paragraph right now, but that scene is in a long line of scenes that are later explained subtlety. There is a key scene later with Saul that explains why he was saying those things and why he called when he knew there would be cops.

You are missing things and then dismissing it because you didn't catch it.
Word. The writing is a lot more subtle than most people realise; if you think something seems superfluous, chances are it's just you being a dumbass.

I'm going off, getting paid and I don't ask why

Old 10-03-2013, 02:30 PM
no mames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob View Post
ha, i didn't know he was a comedian. i guess it makes sense pairing him with bob odenkirk then.

speaking of, what do we think about this saul goodman spinoff? my first impression is that it seems uh...unnecessary, but breaking bad was good enough that i'm willing to give it the benefit of the doubt and see what it's actually like before i judge it.
Yeah, I don't know. I don't really know how this whole spinoff thing is going to go down. Is this sort of going to be a prequel? I think it's unnecessary too.
Old 10-03-2013, 04:37 PM
technically insane

At season 4 ep 3. Been seeing 2 a day.

earl@fuckyoumyman.com

Last edited by abbott : 10-03-2013 at 04:40 PM.