Go Back   Beastie Boys Message Board > Beastie Boys > General Beastie Boys Discussion

Old 08-28-2018, 05:45 AM

Default Another New Bootleg - Hip Hop Sampler on Clear Vinyl

Looks like it's the same guys who recently bootlegged Some Old Bullshit in England.

https://www.shugarecords.com/collect...inyl-raphiphop
Old 08-28-2018, 09:27 AM

Arrow Re: Another New Bootleg - Hip Hop Sampler on Clear Vinyl

Saucy bootleggers! At least they put it on a different color vinyl so IDing the bootleg is easier. Some bootlegs really muddy the waters. I know my copy is legit because it came from Mike D's closet, the true standard of authenticity in B-Boy records.
Old 08-28-2018, 10:58 AM

Default Re: Another New Bootleg - Hip Hop Sampler on Clear Vinyl

Sometimes the bootlegs are super obvious, but other times it's a real bitch. Lots of Beastie bootlegs seem to be from people who just want to press a cool record that they like, so they have fun with it. But the people who just want to scam and pass off fakes as real kind of drive me insane. They're just in it to make money and trick people.

I have an idea for a vinyl bootleg of official cuts that were never pressed on official vinyl. Nothing To Say, Brr Stick Em, The Fibonacci Sequence, etc. I think it'd be dope to have them all on one record with some new artwork.
Old 08-28-2018, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Nothing To Say, Brr Stick Em, The Fibonacci Sequence, etc. I think it'd be dope to have them all on one record with some new artwork.
where did you get any copy of these?

Yes Adam yauch was very spiritual yes he raised awareness about the situation in Tibet yea he was a great father , husband and friend but most of all he was a dope MC one of the greatest to ever pick up a mike his voice will be missed- Chris Rock

Old 08-28-2018, 03:25 PM

Arrow Re: Another New Bootleg - Hip Hop Sampler on Clear Vinyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuc70021 View Post

I have an idea for a vinyl bootleg of official cuts that were never pressed on official vinyl. Nothing To Say, Brr Stick Em, The Fibonacci Sequence, etc. I think it'd be dope to have them all on one record with some new artwork.
Yeah, "And Then I" would be a good one.
Old 08-28-2018, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesleyOHSnaps! View Post
where did you get any copy of these?

Brr Stick Em - Right Right Now Now Japanese single CD

Nothing To Say - Music For Our Mother Ocean 3 CD (not a Beastie release - they just contributed it for the compilation)

Fibonacci Sequence - The Mix-Up Japanese CD (this also had a song called The Mix-Up on it)

There are others as well that were mainly released as B-sides on foreign markets. I think last I checked there were something like 6 to 8 official tracks (that aren't remixes) that were released on CD but never on vinyl.
Old 08-29-2018, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuc70021 View Post
Brr Stick Em - Right Right Now Now Japanese single CD

Nothing To Say - Music For Our Mother Ocean 3 CD (not a Beastie release - they just contributed it for the compilation)

Fibonacci Sequence - The Mix-Up Japanese CD (this also had a song called The Mix-Up on it)

There are others as well that were mainly released as B-sides on foreign markets. I think last I checked there were something like 6 to 8 official tracks (that aren't remixes) that were released on CD but never on vinyl.
Oh i own the Fibonacci sequence on digital it was on the bonus mix up release

Yes Adam yauch was very spiritual yes he raised awareness about the situation in Tibet yea he was a great father , husband and friend but most of all he was a dope MC one of the greatest to ever pick up a mike his voice will be missed- Chris Rock