Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-12-2013, 11:49 AM
just here for the .gifs

Default Feeling used or taken for granted

At work. It doesn't matter how hard I work, or how much money I make for my employers...it's never enough. And now they want more. And in a meeting about my pay raise, I got condescended to, called a liar, and basically yelled at for sticking up for my staff. "we need you to be on our side!" I was like "no, there aren't sides." I got a decent pay raise, and apologies from both. But shit...I can't believe what horseshit that meeting was. I'm so tired of being blamed for problems that don't exist (basically they don't think we work hard enough or fast enough...but have no quantifiable proof. Work gets done, clients are happy. The anger and fear they display is irrational.)

I hate this, I feel like I'm trapped. I'm so angry all the time. I feel like all the hard work I've put in over the years just gets forgotten. I can't keep doing this. My ego won't let me continue much longer, but I also can't just fuck myself over by eliminating my income or reducing it by starting somewhere new in the same field.

Anyway, I just want to figure a way out or a way to make things better within the system that exists. Unfortunately forcing myself to grin and bear things seems like the mature thing to do. Thats how we do it in America right? The American dream....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebasser View Post
So wait, this guy is driving around in his jeep with his cat and his television in the back and he's got his favourite music blaring away and... I think I've missed the point.