Old 08-28-2019, 04:16 PM

Default Re: New Colored Vinyl Reissues

From an international standpoint...

The UK option defaults to the EU store. I am operating under the assumption that the EU distributor covers copies to the UK and EU. The Germany store doesn't default to either of those, but I don't know anyone in Deutschland. The Australia store redirects to an artist direct page. I do know somebody in AU that will help me figure that out.
Old 09-07-2019, 07:12 PM

Maybe this is a pretty obvious question, but does anyone know if you can just place multiple orders for the Root Down EP to get around the "limit 2 per product" restriction on KRM? I know you can do the whole bundle + just EP combo to get 4 copies, but is there any chance if I just place 2 different orders for 2 Root Down copies each, KRM would cancel one of them?
Old 09-10-2019, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuc70021 View Post
Maybe this is a pretty obvious question, but does anyone know if you can just place multiple orders for the Root Down EP to get around the "limit 2 per product" restriction on KRM? I know you can do the whole bundle + just EP combo to get 4 copies, but is there any chance if I just place 2 different orders for 2 Root Down copies each, KRM would cancel one of them?
If you pay them for the order they'll send it. The only reason I included the bundle with tee is just in case it was limited or somehow different, and that it was set to ship 4 days ago (which it hasn't, which means I spent a bunch of money for nothing). If you just want your best shot at random colors then place separate orders for 2xeach of how many ever you want.
Old 09-10-2019, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfatlove06 View Post
The only reason I included the bundle with tee is just in case it was limited or somehow different, and that it was set to ship 4 days ago (which it hasn't, which means I spent a bunch of money for nothing).
Glad to see King's Road is still the same.
Old 09-11-2019, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuc70021 View Post
Glad to see King's Road is still the same.
At this point it's a me problem. I should've known.
Old 09-14-2019, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfatlove06 View Post
From an international standpoint...

The UK option defaults to the EU store. I am operating under the assumption that the EU distributor covers copies to the UK and EU. The Germany store doesn't default to either of those, but I don't know anyone in Deutschland. The Australia store redirects to an artist direct page. I do know somebody in AU that will help me figure that out.
The copies ordered from the AU store are imported from the US (thanks Brian). So it's down to US or EU copies unless Germany is pressing their own version.
Old 09-25-2019, 07:59 PM

Anyone get their bundles yet? Anything of note on the vinyls?
Old 10-01-2019, 07:44 AM

I just got a notification of delivery on Monday. It's for only one of the orders I placed, but hopefully the others will be picked up from KRM today as well.
Old 10-04-2019, 03:43 PM

I think KRM is gonna get their just due on how well they did with shipping on time. I got two of the 4 orders I placed from the EU store delivered on time so congratulations to my Anglo-saxon KRM brothers from across the pond for delivering one half of the time. That by far exceeds the performance of the North American branch which delivered 0% on time. In the defense of my continental United States brethren, they did manage to send out an message on facebook (but not a message to my email from where I placed the order) the day of the release explaining that the pressing plant fucked up and they won't ship until next Wednesday.

I feel pretty good about that, because even though I ordered $1500 worth of merchandise from KRM, they have a really good excuse "production problem at the pressing plant".

The most fantastic part of it all is that for a second time (HSCP2 release) I get to watch retailers sell the shit I ordered. There will undoubtedly be youtube unboxing videos of the shit I ordered (35 copies altogether with only Amazon delivering the complete order on time).

Kings Road Merch can suck a dick. I took time off to receive and catalog orders. Now, I'm just watching shit go by like a kinda sorta fan.

Thats all.

Last edited by bigfatlove06 : 10-04-2019 at 03:45 PM.
Old 10-04-2019, 03:52 PM

There are physical copies available on line of shit that I pre ordered. Shit that was originally listed to ship a month earlier than available elsewhere. A MONTH. No apology for the incorrect listing. No response to requests for info. No records, as promised. No personal communication. Just a big old clusterfuck of the highest magnitude.

That's reall all.
Old 10-05-2019, 08:25 AM

For some less angry more useful info...

The two Root Down color copies I got from EU yesterday were shipped from Germany. Both were orange. There is no indication on the outside packaging that identified where they were pressed or the sleeves were printed. There was a sticker on the outside of the back cellophane over the bar code with a different bar code "6 02577809101" than the one printed on the back of the sleeve itself "602577809088".

The bar code that is covered up matches the bar code on the US black copy I got from Amazon. In addition... the labels, sleeves, spine, insert, and run out grooves all match the US copy exactly (including P. USA stamped in the run out grooves). So the good news is that if you are one of the folks who wants to get every unique pressing, I am 99% sure that all of the copies sold from KRM were pressed in the US then shipped to overseas distributors. So if the rest of the copies show up the same, you wouldn't have to track down foreign pressings.

Lots of thanks to Colm from Ireland who is helping me sort out all of the EU reissues, and if anyone is interested I will post whatever I find with the other copies we've ordered as they come in. Sorry for the bitching in the earlier replies, all in all it's just records.