Old 05-13-2012, 06:19 PM
The Illest Jew-O-Rican!!!

Default Re: Adam Yauch - 1964-2012

I heard it was because they wanted to find a way to honor his parents too.

And yes, this should be private, as in no press and no paparazzi whatsoever. Don't want Adrock to get pissed and have to go after a paparazzo and get arrested. Again.

I don't know if I could take looking at funeral pictures anyway.

We Love You MCA!

Last edited by M.C. Guevera : 05-13-2012 at 06:23 PM.
Old 05-13-2012, 06:24 PM
Basic As Fuck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.C. Guevera View Post
I heard it was because they wanted to find a way to honor his parents too.

And yes, this should be private, as in no press and no paparazzi whatsoever. Don't want Adrock to get pissed and have to go after a paparazzo and get arrested and be forced to do community service. Again.

I don't know if I could take looking at funeral pictures anyway.
i feel the same way

-------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Gus
The friendship ended when I wiped my arse on his pillow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pres Zount
I don't really love you! Lyman zerga is on my ignore list, but you don't deserve it, you swine!

Old 05-13-2012, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by llasaApso View Post
So, did Adam's funeral happen already? I read somewhere that it was being delayed because he was a Buddhist and as he was also Jewish they had to work it all out. But that can't be right as he and his wife are Buddhists, so surely his funeral will be 100% Buddhist too?
Great that they kept it all so private and away from the press.

@nelsongeorge: Attended beautiful, chill memorial for Adam Yauch tonight in New York. It allowed lot of folks to share grief, memories. Honored to be there

thank you Adam.

Old 05-13-2012, 09:37 PM
crazyobessionw/bboys

Quote:

And yes, this should be private, as in no press and no paparazzi whatsoever. Don't want Adrock to get pissed and have to go after a paparazzo and get arrested. Again.

Haha, yeah forrrrrreal!

I Love Adam Yauch.
I truly lost apart of myself.
Rap in peace my beautiful friend.

Old 05-14-2012, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj hood View Post
@nelsongeorge: Attended beautiful, chill memorial for Adam Yauch tonight in New York. It allowed lot of folks to share grief, memories. Honored to be there
Ah, thank you cj hood for that.
Old 05-14-2012, 09:37 AM

I wouldn't be surprised if that tumblr post from Adrock and the Facebook status update from Mike D are the last we hear from them for months.

We Love You MCA!

Old 05-14-2012, 05:10 PM

This is unbelievably sad to watch right now.

http://youtu.be/u7CH3M7cECI

Old 05-14-2012, 06:57 PM
I'm flowing prose to cons

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Pioneer View Post

Don't watch it!!!!!!!

I'll never turn back 'cause that's the way I've got to live.....

https://twitter.com/beastieboysnews

Old 05-14-2012, 07:14 PM
Basic As Fuck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Pioneer View Post

yes, from all the beastie things i researched this made me cry the most
i also cant believe this was 3 years ago, to me it felt like that got shown to us about a year ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Gus
The friendship ended when I wiped my arse on his pillow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pres Zount
I don't really love you! Lyman zerga is on my ignore list, but you don't deserve it, you swine!

Old 05-14-2012, 10:32 PM
Till the break of dawn

I'm sorry for the intrusion folks, but I have no where else to go to share my feelings. I've been contemplating what I want to say for over a week now and no one in my real life gets it. I came here because I believe you all will appreciate my memories. When I heard that Adam had cancer almost 3 years ago I didn't really think too much of it. He made it sound like no big deal and I treated it as such. I'm not going to sit here and act like the biggest Beastie Boys fan ever because I'm not. I'm ashamed to admit that after Hello Nasty (which I love BTW) I lost touch with the B-boys. I was lucky enough to see them live in 1998 in Philly on the Hello Nasty tour. I will never forget the rotating center stage, and when they played Paul Revere every single person in that arena was on their feet singing along. It was such a wonderful experience. I'm 37 and I started listening to them at age 12. I was knee deep in LTI, PB, CYH & IC all throughout high school and college. I wore Adidas because of them, I still do to this day. I drive Volkswagens because of them. My husband will only eat Carvel ice cream cakes on his birthday because of Cookie Puss. Without even realizing it, these three men impacted our lives greatly. Maybe in a superficial way, but they did none the less. As I said I lost touch with them over the years, life happened, kids, house, job. My musical taste never changed, per say, but I found myself drawn into Tool and all it's counterparts. I did not learn of Adam's humanitarian efforts until after his passing. When I heard he lost his battle with cancer last Friday, my eyes immediately filled with tears. Even now a week later I still cry when I see his face, read a touching article, or listen to their cds. I have rediscovered my love for them. When my husband and I married we joined our cd collection. We have 2 of every album from LTI through Hello Nasty. Without realizing it, MCA impacted my life. Without realizing it, 3 boys from NYC made me smile, made me laugh and made me think. I'm surprised at my reaction to MCA's passing....I don't know why its different....it just is. I feel like I've lost a life long friend, and honestly can't stop crying. I felt the need to come here and unload. All my love to Adam's family, friends, and of course Mike D and Ad Rock. I still can't comprehend that this has happened. I'm sure like others I expected to see them all into old geezer age like on the Sound of Science Anthology. Rest peacefully, Adam. You made yourself clear.
Old 05-14-2012, 10:40 PM
I'm flowing prose to cons

Quote:
Originally Posted by carvelcake View Post
I'm sorry for the intrusion folks, but I have no where else to go to share my feelings. I've been contemplating what I want to say for over a week now and no one in my real life gets it. I came here because I believe you all will appreciate my memories. When I heard that Adam had cancer almost 3 years ago I didn't really think too much of it. He made it sound like no big deal and I treated it as such. I'm not going to sit here and act like the biggest Beastie Boys fan ever because I'm not. I'm ashamed to admit that after Hello Nasty (which I love BTW) I lost touch with the B-boys. I was lucky enough to see them live in 1998 in Philly on the Hello Nasty tour. I will never forget the rotating center stage, and when they played Paul Revere every single person in that arena was on their feet singing along. It was such a wonderful experience. I'm 37 and I started listening to them at age 12. I was knee deep in LTI, PB, CYH & IC all throughout high school and college. I wore Adidas because of them, I still do to this day. I drive Volkswagens because of them. My husband will only eat Carvel ice cream cakes on his birthday because of Cookie Puss. Without even realizing it, these three men impacted our lives greatly. Maybe in a superficial way, but they did none the less. As I said I lost touch with them over the years, life happened, kids, house, job. My musical taste never changed, per say, but I found myself drawn into Tool and all it's counterparts. I did not learn of Adam's humanitarian efforts until after his passing. When I heard he lost his battle with cancer last Friday, my eyes immediately filled with tears. Even now a week later I still cry when I see his face, read a touching article, or listen to their cds. I have rediscovered my love for them. When my husband and I married we joined our cd collection. We have 2 of every album from LTI through Hello Nasty. Without realizing it, MCA impacted my life. Without realizing it, 3 boys from NYC made me smile, made me laugh and made me think. I'm surprised at my reaction to MCA's passing....I don't know why its different....it just is. I feel like I've lost a life long friend, and honestly can't stop crying. I felt the need to come here and unload. All my love to Adam's family, friends, and of course Mike D and Ad Rock. I still can't comprehend that this has happened. I'm sure like others I expected to see them all into old geezer age like on the Sound of Science Anthology. Rest peacefully, Adam. You made yourself clear.
Thanks for sharing your story. I always said that you didn't have to be deep into this fandom to feel the loss. Adam and the Beasties were something special to everybody. Something timeless and apart of all of our lives in some form. I think this is why so many folks are having a hard time accepting that apart of us died with him and the band.

I love reading how this band inspired so many.

I'll never turn back 'cause that's the way I've got to live.....

https://twitter.com/beastieboysnews

Old 05-14-2012, 10:45 PM
NYC Brouhaha Division

welcome carvelcake, beautiful tribute! I love how your hubby prefers Carvel only for his birthday and it inspired your screen name here.

did you know the artist Alex Grey for Tool is the same guy whose piece "Gaia" is featured in the gatefold for Ill Communication?

Long Burn The Fire. Rest In Peace Adam.

Old 05-14-2012, 10:48 PM
zonin talkin on the phone

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungRemy View Post
welcome carvelcake, beautiful tribute! I love how your hubby prefers Carvel only for his birthday and it inspired your screen name here.?
2nd

Sending Love From Austin Texas , Forever in my thoughts! Space.
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey
totally dude. it was my pleasure. today was so amazing for me, and i love my bbmb fam.

Old 05-15-2012, 04:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzud View Post
Thanks for the link, very nice tribute. Seems like this guy reads in my mind !
Actually, that guy is...me !
Old 05-15-2012, 06:37 AM
Till the break of dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungRemy View Post
welcome carvelcake, beautiful tribute! I love how your hubby prefers Carvel only for his birthday and it inspired your screen name here.

did you know the artist Alex Grey for Tool is the same guy whose piece "Gaia" is featured in the gatefold for Ill Communication?
No I did not know that! I love his work and donated money to Cosm through Tool Arm
Y.
Old 05-15-2012, 08:47 AM
Brraaiiinnnzzz

I just wanna pay my respects. He, his music and everything associated with the Beastie Boys had an unbelievable impact on my life. I still can't really wrap my head around it.
Old 05-15-2012, 03:45 PM

I say controversy "con-tra-versy" thanks to Mike D. They've even affected how I speak!

No matter how many words I write, there'll never be enough to express how much this hurts.

We Love You MCA!

Old 05-15-2012, 06:46 PM
PWR2BEASTIES

Weird! This really was like losing a friend. Almost 2 weeks and still hurts so bad...

"Time to count MC's in this place to be
Not five, not four, not two, just THREE!"

Old 05-15-2012, 07:58 PM

Rest in peace Adam Yauch. Your work has had a profound influence on my musical tastes and sensibilities. I even still have my original Cookie Puss EP.
Old 05-15-2012, 11:31 PM
You hear that fkn brass?

Quote:
I wouldn't be surprised if that tumblr post from Adrock and the Facebook status update from Mike D are the last we hear from them for months.
That's what anyone would think, but think about it more.. They said something to else already, don't you think that they didn't plan on saying anything for a while would say anything so quickly?

Idk maybe it's false hope but that'd be sad if it happened to be the truth.

www.theillestfans.webs.com
Welcome to the site of illest proportions.

When you've got so much to say
It's called GRATITUDE
& That's RIGHT.

(R.I.P Adam Yauch.)

Every thought in the mind
is a planted seed.

Old 05-16-2012, 01:57 AM
rebel in black

This morning at work was going to scan merch, started the computer and it said"handheld"...

So This Is What I've Got To Say To You All
Be True To Yourself And You Will Never Fall

Old 05-16-2012, 05:58 AM

Quote:
I say controversy "con-tra-versy" thanks to Mike D. They've even affected how I speak!

No matter how many words I write, there'll never be enough to express how much this hurts.
funny. me too.

" Elevated platform never gonna conform "

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...&content=music

Old 05-16-2012, 11:19 AM

A video of "Stand Together" went from 316 views to 6,702 views in one week.

This is probably the most interest people in general have had in the Beastie Boys in *years*.

We Love You MCA!

Old 05-16-2012, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCAadROCKMiKEd7 View Post
That's what anyone would think, but think about it more.. They said something to else already, don't you think that they didn't plan on saying anything for a while would say anything so quickly?

Idk maybe it's false hope but that'd be sad if it happened to be the truth.
They probably don't feel like talking too much to the public right now. Completely understandable.

What I'm thinking is that MTV will give them a call in August/September to appear at the 2012 Video Music Awards. They'll most definitely be a tribute to the Beastie Boys in the middle of the show, with how much they impacted MTV they'd be fools not to do something, so it would make sense for MTV to want Mike D and Adrock to say something after the video/music tribute is done. Even if it means following some crappy new band or Chris Brown doing a cover of "Fight For Your Right".

We Love You MCA!

Old 05-16-2012, 01:09 PM
High Plains Drifter

Quote:
Originally Posted by llasaApso View Post
So, did Adam's funeral happen already? I read somewhere that it was being delayed because he was a Buddhist and as he was also Jewish they had to work it all out. But that can't be right as he and his wife are Buddhists, so surely his funeral will be 100% Buddhist too?
Great that they kept it all so private and away from the press.

Much respect to DMC but I'm not so sure how in the loop he is/was on the arrangements and its surrounding issues
Old 05-17-2012, 06:26 AM

Quote:
A video of "Stand Together" went from 316 views to 6,702 views in one week.

This is probably the most interest people in general have had in the Beastie Boys in *years*.
this song is one of their best. amazing song. live at frenchs tavern remix is great too.

" Elevated platform never gonna conform "

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...&content=music

Old 05-17-2012, 09:44 AM

still just absolutely saddened on so many levels. glad i can come here to be a part of a community that understands.
Old 05-18-2012, 01:38 AM

I don't know how long I'll feel the need to repeat this but, man... I can't believe it.
Old 05-18-2012, 01:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DthatsME View Post
I don't know how long I'll feel the need to repeat this but, man... I can't believe it.
Your not the only one. I wonder every moment of every day how this could be true.

I'm still so very sad and so very shocked.
Old 05-18-2012, 10:43 AM
Till the break of dawn

Today is my Supervisors's birthday. My boss brought in a few boxes of Krispy Kremes. I'm avoiding them like the plague and he keeps asking me why I won't eat one. He won't get it. I just told him I'm stil trying to lose the baby weight. For Pete's fucking sake will some one just finish that box and throw it out already?????!!!!!