Go Back   Beastie Boys Message Board > Beastie Boys > Remixes

Old 02-02-2006, 03:11 PM
www.joakizmo.com

Default So.. who are you remixers anyway?

I dont even know how many remixers there are on this forum, but i bet alot.

So..
Why dont you post your name and a little info if you want to and a link to your best remix so far, so that I (and perhaps others) will know who we really are dealing with here?
Yes?
Good.
And only one favourite remix per dude to keep it clean and neat.

www.joakizmo.com

Old 02-02-2006, 03:16 PM
www.joakizmo.com

Default Re: So.. who are you remixers anyway?

My name is Joakizmo and I'm a remixer. My home is in Oslo, Norway.
I allso produce beats for rappers and I'm plannig on releasing a mixtape with my own beats and a handful fine rappers.

http://home.chello.no/~superyo/musikk.htm
and
http://home.chello.no/~superyo/beastieboys.htm

The remix I'm most satisfied with is my The Move remix.
Beastie Boys - The Move (Joakizmoremix)
This is the third and final time I change my favourite remix. I've settled my mind.

www.joakizmo.com

Last edited by Joakizmo : 02-02-2006 at 03:58 PM.
Old 02-02-2006, 03:18 PM

dj BC, aka Bob
out of Boston, MA
got a day job at a local school(college). I think I am probably a bit older than most on the board...
evening gigs are weddings, parties, and Mash Ave- www.MashAve.com
website is www.djbc.net/mashes

Fave Beasties remix?
Aside from the Beastles, possibly this Kool and The Gang/ B-Boys mash

http://www.djbc.net/mashes/offline/d...adiesnight.mp3
Old 02-02-2006, 03:35 PM
Judge Mental

Guy Incognito was just a name i used when i logged on here. I didnt think i'd still be posting on here.
I've messed about with makin tunes for a long time. I've messed about with cd decks and akai samplers before and never really got anywhere.
Since getting fruityloops and ACID and joining here - startin to make a few sounds that actually sound like they do in my head!
Done three mixes of b boy stuff as well as some of my own stuff (which is a bit more housey), as well as load of mash ups usin instrumentals and acapellas. I use this board to help get tips and advice and constructive criticism in the hope i will get a lot better
Have started to use the name SITUATION but its only a name. Most people call me Moz.
I will have a web page soon - i have an address of my own which i upload my stuff on to but not sorted out the page yet.
I know Joakizmo said one mix but .. my best remix is probably the situation mix of Open Letter to NYC which is at the bottom of my signature and my best mash up is probably De La v Beastie Boys which i only did this week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roosta View Post
give it time, we will go in wonderous directions. mainly calling people cunts.

www.beastiemixes.com/Guy Incognito

Last edited by Guy Incognito : 02-02-2006 at 03:37 PM.
Old 02-02-2006, 07:10 PM
dj ph@

Thumbs up Re: So.. who are you remixers anyway?

I'm Christopher Guest, from Vancouver BC, Canada aka the Dj Ph@
I run an internet media company - Highpass Music and Media offering free and easy mp3 hosting to remixers here, and a crapload of free music to the world.

I have at least twenty tracks on my page there, but have received the best stats on my remix of We Got The (hifi stream)

http://highpass.studioeclection.com
Free MP3 hosting and all kinds of cool features.

Old 02-02-2006, 08:31 PM
A is for Aardvark

My name is nYgel (real name is nigel, stuck a 'y' in there cuz it looked cool) and I live in a small town in central Indiana.
I started mixin in late 03' to little success due to i had no funking idea wat i was doing (i was 13!). Tempos were off big time. I finally got the tempo issues right in my 'first' (in my mind) remix Negotiation Limerick Fyle . I owe alot to Uru-Nitro who helped me start mixing and was a good friend throughout my whole beginning stages. [Thanks Uru] I will be 16 in exactly one month.
I have horrible hosting problems cuz my original host just ran away and I no longer can get in contact with him, powow sucks, acidplanet sucks, soundclick sucks, and this really nice guy hooked me up with my own website but shit.. for some reason i can't get it to work at all!
My most recent venture has been Hello Johnny, I took songs from Johnny Cash and fused them with the instrumentals from Hello Nasty and the breaks used on tour during the HN era.

My favorite track has to be Broken Turntable. I take at least some credit from the releasing of the acapellas recently becuz of this. Towards the bottom I think, and to the next page, I forget when I ask him to release them. Yauch said he liked the remix so that meant alot too.

Remix -nYgel - Broken Turntable
Thread - Leave a comment please!

-n

p.s. no double posts in this thread.. to keep it simple, ya know?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Padster View Post
It's sad how you think you're so intelligent. You fag.

Last edited by Nygel : 02-02-2006 at 08:33 PM. Reason: add something, damn
Old 02-02-2006, 08:44 PM
Old-School B-Boy

The Mighty Ajax...or Skot1 or Skot Rockit (Many aliases due to the old graffiti writer in me)

I'm the turntablist for Grammy-nominated band Liquid Soul (Acid Jazz band from Chicago) not signed or commited to them, still have my freedom (which has it's pros & cons). I don't do every gig now that I'm a father but I'm always on their records. Just finished the new album and Dj Logic is on it too.

Started rhyming and scratching in '85 and started playing instruments after "CYH" came out. I play all of my stuff now...make them sound like samples from old records. Now I just want to concentrate on remixing...might start rhyming again. New rap is killing me. Some one needs to take a stand.

Love the Beasties, always have. Their management was interested in a rock-rap band I was the frontman for. Didn't pan out, don't know what happened.
I never understood the business side of it but I'm still trying to get a deal or something better than my 9 to 5.

My favorite B-Boy remix I've done is "Negotiation Limerick File"
but the new stuff is getting better. You decide
Old 02-02-2006, 10:01 PM

Im spakatronik
I usually make my own tracks but I love the beasties so much
I had to remix when I saw the accappellas
I joined this forum to post my beasties remix
Ive only done one
so its

http://www.spakatronik.co.uk/mp3s/sp...onik.co.uk.mp3

Body movin

if you wannit
Old 02-02-2006, 10:26 PM
Gangstariffic Beat Junkie

My name's Duncan, and I live in ontario in canada. I'm in grade 9, I've got a small brother and a dog. And a cat. All for musical inspiration.

I got a job at my grannies shop a couple of years ago makin 6 bucks an hour sweepin and foldin boxes and the like in order to save up for my lil iBook and my turntables, microphones and other various expensive stuff. I used to make a lot of tracks with my friends just dickin around, but after seein some real dj's live like KidKoala and watchin DJ Shadow DVD's I figured it was time to actually do something with this crap. I really want to get into recording and producing. Some day...

I also just started playin bass with this hideous little dude who could very well end up being the next Jimmy Paige. He's nuts.

My only mix so far.

peace dudes
ess

Those who like it, like it alot.
GhettoAss Studios

Old 02-06-2006, 06:08 AM
www.joakizmo.com

well how about the rest? cant we make this a sticky thread or something?

www.joakizmo.com

Old 02-06-2006, 07:30 AM
Yorkshire Boy

Chromium05. Sagittarius. Born in Doncaster, Yorkshire, UK on 17th December 1974.

Got into hip hop around 1980, aged 6 when my step-father bought Rappers Delight. I knew all the lyrics to the 14 minute jam within a week. My dad continued to buy early hip hop ( Bambaataa, Flash / Melle Mel, Coldcrush, Funky 4, etc etc). In 1986 I bought my first album - "Licenced To Ill" by your hosts. Grabbed my attention due to the Run DMC type beats and playful lyrics. At this time, I also got into the whole graffiti scene and rolled with several crews over the next 15 or so years, including FMB - Fuckin' Mad Bastards, KMA - Kiss My Aerosol, UTS - UnTouchableS and BHD - BrotherHooD.

In 1990, I hooked up with a guy called Fez who was working as part of a crew called Tend 2 Offend (T2O) as producer and rapper. It was he that first lent me a crappy Amstrad 4 track (pictured below) and I got the bug for making music.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...m05/18_1_b.jpg

In 1994, I hooked up with a then 13 year old Jehst, and along with Lexis, ADee, AM, Taharka, Nmonic and HAL formed a crew called YNR - now considered to be the premier UK hip hop crew with Jehst the UK's number 1 MC.

In 1999 I got my first PC and managed to blag copies of Acid and Soundforge. Things moved quickly after that.

Have worked with quite a few people over the last few years, all in the UK - without naming names.

I use several different names depending on what style and mood takes me.

Came on here after getting a copy of the acapella for "Check It Out" and making a remix using only samples from the Beasties back catalog - which is the track I am posting, just because it was the first thing I ever posted here.

Czech It Out

Every one of the remixers on here would love to get to do something "official" with the B-Boys, myself included, but being a realist - I know it ain't gonna happen. I just hope that people who get to hear what I have done with the Beasties tracks enjoy hearing what I have done with them as much as I enjoy doing the stuff to them. That'll do for me.

Chro'

Last edited by chromium05 : 02-06-2006 at 07:34 AM.
Old 02-06-2006, 01:08 PM

DJ John here! (Isn't that original - lol)
I've been around. In fact, some say I'm old. (older than djBC who posted above.) I was 16 when the Beastie Boys released Licensed To Ill. Like a few of us on here, I've had my share of sucess and amateur exposure in the remix biz. My area of expertise are Mash-Ups (Blends) and specifically Mash-Up Medleys (sorta like megamixes). My knowledge of music is broad, fairly deep and reaches back before time began. I was deep in the remix biz back in the late 80's. My remixes today incorporate all genres and typically span multiple decades (classic rock and old school hip hop are my favs to fuse together.)

My website and remixes are HERE at www.djjohn.net

DJ John's website

Old 02-06-2006, 02:40 PM

I've been remixing here for a while, but under a different name, i'm 18 in march and from the uk.

havn't posted any remixes in a while, been hard at college work (i study music tech.)

my favourite and best, i'd say, is my right right now now remix.

hear it here

thanks

Laurence Wells Music

Old 02-06-2006, 04:43 PM

My Name is Roberto, I´m from Stuttgart in Germany and 32 years old.
I run a media company called Ideal-Media and I love to make music since I was 10 years old.

I was a member of different bands in my teenage-time, from Synth-Pop to Hip-Hop.

During my time at university I took my whole time for studying and therefore I had a little break from making music.....since August 2005 I´m producing again and it is so fun. I love to write songs that reach from Pop to Dance, RnB and HipHop.

Actually I publish my tracks with the artist name "Destino"
Have a look at Destino
Old 02-07-2006, 06:21 AM

Forgot to mention the link to the thread with my little experiment with a beastie accapella

http://www.beastieboys.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=62927
Old 02-10-2006, 06:19 PM
whiteaxxxe

so its now up to me.

I am no remixer, but I did it. :-) I am a guitarist from germany, and I am a teacher, mostly guitar and maths.

since now there are 36 years gone, when I got my first electric guitar. not exactly in the summer of 69 like Bryan Adams, but in the winter of 69. and now you know, that I am 49 years old. and in my opinion does age not really matter.

my love always was the music, I played blues, rock, hard-rock, a little bit classic and since a couple of years I work on electronic music, from ambient to this here ... remixes.

there is no genre that I cannot find interesting in some oder many aspects.

my work is collected on the website of my netlabel www.whiteaxxxe.de
where you can get an idea, of waht I am doing the whole day long. :-)

there you can find the BB-remixes too. this were my first remixes, and i finished it with help from a good friend of mine, subspace, who is himself a goa-trancer and in the same age as me but open-minded (like me :-)) enough, to be interested in everything what seems to be a good idea. :-)

wolud like you all to visit my website, and tell me your opinion.

so keep on rapping, rocking, rolling and tumbling or whatever is fun and ends on -ing ... :-))

greetings from germany, WhiteAxxxe
Old 02-11-2006, 01:27 PM
French on the inside

Let me introduce myself. Hi, I'm Tricky Dick. An 18-year old student from Holland. I've been screwin' around with mixin programs for about a year now. Besides mixing, I like to play the drums and I've played in multiple bands. Right now, I'm saving up for an E-drumkit. This will enable me to play the beats myself My favourite types of music are metal/rock and hip hop.

The best Mix i've made so far would be Brrr Stick'em - Osdorp Mashup.
Check it out at http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp...=475404&T=8662
and let me know what you guys think about it.
Old 02-14-2006, 04:36 AM
auxfnx.com

I'm James Strain aka DJ Zap. I DJ in my bedroom, jus scratchin, i make remixes of MANY artists, not just beasties, i once got one of my remix threads 6 pages long! I got my turntables in 2004 on 2nd of August (birthday) and ive been practicing ever since. I think a good sample of my work is my new TT5B REMIX MIXTAPE: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9DKX1RWJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam_f View Post
I've always wanted to pass out on one of those moving sidewalks at the airport so I could wake up to forward progress.

Old 02-16-2006, 09:58 PM
CENTEK

Ive been remixing some beastie tracks for a couple of months. I have been djing for about 4 years. I go under the name centlord but my real name is Vincent. Im from Whittier Ca in LA. I respect all of you guys who are putting shit out there for everyone to hear! Check my page out at http://www.soundclick.com/centek Respect to Joakizmo for running this post!

http://www.soundclick.com/centek

Old 02-24-2006, 03:34 PM
skillstopaythebills.com

www.skillstopaythebills.com I am the best

www.skillstopaythebills.com

Old 02-27-2006, 12:51 PM

Location: where i'm at i guess... what do you want exact latitude & longitude or what???

so anyway go to acidplanet.com & search artists... jrockdaplace... or jrockdaplanet, i forget- been awhile. click songs & listen to my ALiVE remix. pretty vintage if you ask me. reminds me of the root down remixes. just an original instr. by yours truly & i chopped the verses & chorus a bit. let me know if you dig it
Old 02-27-2006, 01:06 PM
Registered Voter

Music has been an important part of my life for as long as I can remember, and I've been active musically since I first started taking saxophone lessons in the third grade (circa 1981.) I loved the Beasties when LTI came out, but I grew tired of the album within about a year. Then came along PB...and I've never abandoned the Boys since! I've been remixing the B-Boys for a couple of years now.

Problem: I've typically uploaded my music to ACIDplanet and SoundClick, but there are some serious drawbacks to each. I like the way AP pages and songs are organized, and the fact that high bit rate files are allowed. However, not only does one have to register to download mp3's, but they are not directly linkable: major drawback! SC, on the other hand, only allows 128k mp3's, but you can link to them directly. However, I've realized that they periodically change the link addresses. So, nearly all of the links I've posted on this board are now dead links.

Solution: I now have almost all of my music (original & remixes) hosted on my own domain. There are over 50 192kbps mp3's posted, and d/l rates range from 400-500KB/s, maybe faster if you use a download manager (depending on your connection, of course.)

Phosphoros

Last edited by Phosphoros : 02-27-2006 at 01:12 PM.
Old 03-04-2006, 07:58 PM

Hello evrybody I'm BBoysFrenchFan aka Aero. I'm from Nice (France) and I'm 16 (so please excuse my language).
I made some remixes:

Aero - Daft Punk vs. The Beastie Boys
Aero - TTC vs. The Beastie Boys
If you don't know, TTC is a french Hip Hop band.

Last edited by BBoysFrenchFan : 03-04-2006 at 11:00 PM.
Old 03-05-2006, 09:27 AM

Thumbs up Re: So.. who are you remixers anyway?

That is fr*&^&*kin' amazing... super dope remix! I'll be pumpin' this one in the car stereo.

Thanks!

Cade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spakatronik
Im spakatronik
I usually make my own tracks but I love the beasties so much
I had to remix when I saw the accappellas
I joined this forum to post my beasties remix
Ive only done one
so its

http://www.spakatronik.co.uk/mp3s/sp...onik.co.uk.mp3

Body movin

if you wannit
Old 03-07-2006, 10:40 AM

DJ Scorpio (Sebastian) from Germany, currently living in England
18 years old (turning 19 soon)
made music electronically since 16, but wrote (piano) trax before that

gear:

s/w:
absynth 3
magix mm
magix me
drunsynth
steinberg cubasis
+ some freeware prog's

h/w:
Casio keyboard
piano
(+PC and some other real intruments)

www.scorpionyx.de (my website)
www.myspace.com/djaekyrrscorpio (updated regularly)
Old 03-08-2006, 12:41 AM

Hey

My name's Tone aka ALIENPUNK

I'm a Bachelor Mass Communications student

Age 30

BrisVegas Australia

here's my best track

http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?pid=640537&t=6401

if the link is dead just go to acidplanet and search alienpunk as an artist

I use Sony Acid, live guitars and the occasional cult movie sample

we should be putting together a cd, but with so many of us who could judge....Adrock...? Mixmaster Mike....?

I vote Triple Trouble AlienPunk Remix

by the way, some of the remixes out there are brilliant, keep it up .

Beasties, Boy.

Last edited by alienpunk : 03-08-2006 at 12:43 AM. Reason: dead link
Old 03-14-2006, 10:27 AM

My name is Phil and I do remixing, original compositions and bootlegs/mashups. I've been making music for about 8 years and I've been doing mash ups/bootlegs for about 2 years now. I also have a few side projects in the works.

I also help produce MASH UPS on DC101 .

It's a Mash Up show on DC101 Radio in Washington D.C. every Saturday from 10 til midnight (eastern time). Go to my site (www.solcofn.com) for details.

I also have a release of original music out now on the CORPID label. Corpid is a net label that provides free downloads of unsigned or unknown artists.

One of my originals and a remix or two that are being released on the KUSIC label , will be for sale on www.stompy.com . They should be available in the middle to end of March.

My best beastie remix would be Beastie Boys - ch-check it out (solcofn's on the move remix) .
Old 03-14-2006, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by solcofn
My name is Phil and I do remixing, original compositions and bootlegs/mashups. I've been making music for about 8 years and I've been doing mash ups/bootlegs for about 2 years now. I also have a few side projects in the works.

I also help produce MASH UPS on DC101 .

It's a Mash Up show on DC101 Radio in Washington D.C. every Saturday from 10 til midnight (eastern time). Go to my site (www.solcofn.com) for details.

I also have a release of original music out now on the CORPID label. Corpid is a net label that provides free downloads of unsigned or unknown artists.

One of my originals and a remix or two that are being released on the KUSIC label , will be for sale on www.stompy.com . They should be available in the middle to end of March.

My best beastie remix would be Beastie Boys - ch-check it out (solcofn's on the move remix) .

Phil- it's no longer called FLOUNDERS MASHUPS?
Old 03-14-2006, 02:02 PM

for future syndication purposes it's now "Mash Ups on DC101"

Old 03-15-2006, 07:32 AM
square

hardkorpank is alex from budapest(hungary).
he rarely makes remixes, mainly composes own noise in some idm, electronica, experimental style.
likes music between 50 and 200bpm, creates music between 71 and 171bpm. he has one beastie remix so far, can be downloaded from here.