Old 05-05-2012, 04:28 PM
Beasties#2fan

Default Re: Adam Yauch - 1964-2012

We may feel like we're the closest because we're here, but other communities are mourning as well..

http://www.reddit.com/r/Music/commen..._has_died_rip/

http://forums.somethingawful.com/sho...0&pagenumber=1

www.Beastiemixes.com
Beastie Boys Remix Hosting/Downloads, Rare Tracks. blah, Blah, etc...
---------------------------
www.Beastieboyslive.com
Live Show Downloads

Old 05-05-2012, 04:55 PM
Funky Boss

Well I don't know if it was the right thing to do but I went out last night. Overcome with emotion on hearing the Apache break I busted on to the stage, grabbed the DJs mic and paid tribute to Adam Yauch before attempting to freestyle some rhymes in honour of the man himself.

Still, the second day of knowing this sad news and its no easier to come to terms with. He was far far too young.

http://www.youtube.com/user/hwgavin

Old 05-05-2012, 05:06 PM
The Illest Jew-O-Rican!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqRzQsoVjyg

A fan's reaction I found on YouTube.

We Love You MCA!

Old 05-05-2012, 05:18 PM

My prayers go out to Adam and his family. A true pioneer and genius of music has passed and will never be forgotten. Thank you MCA for all you have given us, may you rest in peace. You will be greatly missed...
Old 05-05-2012, 05:21 PM
Mr.Doris tha Funk-A-Suars

Thank you for making the music that is and always will be the soundtrack to my life.

Go download my Beastie Boys remixes
Peace, MCScoobyT

http://beastiemixes.com/remixer.php?id=69

Old 05-06-2012, 04:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silence7 View Post
We may feel like we're the closest because we're here, but other communities are mourning as well..
my heart goes out to all communities, but i feel like if yauch touched us allthis much it must be so hard for those closest to him like mike d, adrock, his family & close friends and love ones

they are in my thoughts

" Elevated platform never gonna conform "

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...&content=music

Old 05-06-2012, 05:03 AM
Administrator

i was watching ufc on fox last night and they opened up the broadcast by paying homage to yauch showing a picture and mentioning his involvement in sports etc.

they ended up playing a lot of beastie boys songs through out the whole night at the arena.

thought that was pretty cool of them since no one was probably expecting it.

BeastieBoys.com

Old 05-06-2012, 05:26 AM

the band members seem to feel not that bad
Adrock recent tweet:

Uncle Garbagefeet ‏ @garbagefeet Who's the fastest snack club tweeter? ME !!!!
Old 05-06-2012, 05:36 AM
Doctor on the go

God Bless The Beastie Boys : (

AKA: SASHA KRANST
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisy
I got news for you
Y'all hang out with some sick motherfuckers!

Old 05-06-2012, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucieT View Post
Adrock recent tweet:

Not trying to start a whole thing here....but that doesn't imply that he doesn't feel that bad.
Old 05-06-2012, 05:54 AM

I was not saying it in a "bad" "mean" way..
Old 05-06-2012, 01:08 PM
crazyobessionw/bboys

Quote:
Adrock recent tweet:

whoa whoa whoa whoa whooooooooa.....hold up....this is concerning to me..

I Love Adam Yauch.
I truly lost apart of myself.
Rap in peace my beautiful friend.

Old 05-06-2012, 03:04 PM
You hear that fkn brass?

Quote:
Originally Posted by beasties#1fan View Post
whoa whoa whoa whoa whooooooooa.....hold up....this is concerning to me..
Yeah what the fuck? What LucieT said I mean. Of course they feel bad how can someone even try and say otherwise? That really bothered me.

If anyone knows where to see the video pls let me know, I haven't even seen all 3 of their speeches yet. If I find it anywhere ill post.

www.theillestfans.webs.com
Welcome to the site of illest proportions.

When you've got so much to say
It's called GRATITUDE
& That's RIGHT.

(R.I.P Adam Yauch.)

Every thought in the mind
is a planted seed.

Last edited by MCAadROCKMiKEd7 : 05-06-2012 at 03:10 PM.
Old 05-06-2012, 03:08 PM
crazyobessionw/bboys

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCAadROCKMiKEd7 View Post
Yeah what the fuck? What LucieT said I mean. Of course they feel bad how can someone even try and say otherwise? That really bothered me.
I'm literally lost for words...about the whole situation

I Love Adam Yauch.
I truly lost apart of myself.
Rap in peace my beautiful friend.

Old 05-06-2012, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Adrock recent tweet:

People grieve in different ways. Some fall apart right out of the gates and are mostly patched up after a few weeks, others keep a stone facade until they see their loved one's favorite brand of coffee on the shelves at a grocery store 3 years later, and then have a total meltdown. I wouldn't put too much thought into it man.
Old 05-06-2012, 05:05 PM
Jmoney like Newcleus

Hey guys it is with great sadness that im back on the Boards. This has been a tough loss for all of us here. I look at this thread and i see the same old people, that have been here for along time. We are all in this together and i send out prayers to MCA and his family.

Yo money, don't chump yourself. Put that shit back on the shelf
Light rays blazin' you're out of phase and my crews amazin
We're working on the record J so stay patient.-MCA

Old 05-06-2012, 05:56 PM

Quick word (from adrock?) on the blog just now, first I've heard from the band. F'd up is what he said, I can't imagine it for him and mike. I broke down pretty hard and can't even begin to think how tough this must be for them (and the Yauch family)

"The reason we haven't made a beastie video is cause when we do MTV will change from MTV to BEASTIE TV"-Rick Rubin circa '86

Old 05-06-2012, 06:38 PM

I'm yet another user who hasn't been active here, but came back after I heard the news this weekend.

My initial reaction was numbness. Read posts on TMZ, Rolling Stone, even the official website... still felt surreal.
So incredibly sad.

As a lot of others have said, my thoughts go out to his family and friends. I can't imagine how hard this must be for them.
But it's amazing to see how much of an impact the Beastie Boys/MCA had on the world. The articles, blog posts, tweets and comments that have been flooding in from so many different people make you realise how many lives have been touched by the BBoys.

I don't come here often, I don't know many of you, but this message board is one of the first things which came to mind when I heard the news. All of you. And while this is incredibly tragic news, it's inspiring to come back here and see all of you being so supportive of each other.

RIP MCA, a great man, father and friend.

/internet hugs for everyone

Stay strong guys, the music and the message lives on.
Old 07-24-2012, 06:41 PM
and always ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastieBoysMCA View Post
Is that really his personal twitter account?
No, no it is not. Sorry for the misunderstanding. It belongs to someone else.
Old 08-06-2012, 09:32 AM
NYC Brouhaha Division

Adam would have been so impressed to see the Mars Curiosity landing yesterday, while at the same time, the news out of Wisconsin (terrorist hate crimes against the Sikh community- probably because they were mistaken for Muslim people ) would have hurt his heart...

are there quotes from Yauch or Adrock from the post 9/11 days when they organized New Yorkers Against Violence? I remember a Sikh man was murdered in the days after 9/11 and I seemed to remember Horovitz speaking out...

the Beastie Boys preached against intolerance before it was cool.

Long Burn The Fire. Rest In Peace Adam.

Old 08-15-2012, 12:38 PM
and always ...

Let's Not Reduce Adam Yauch's Career to a Single Lyric
by Ben Westhoff

http://blogs.laweekly.com/westcoasts..._sure_shot.php

A different view of adams legacy & a few pretty cool comments after the article.
Old 05-06-2012, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpk View Post
i was watching ufc on fox last night and they opened up the broadcast by paying homage to yauch showing a picture and mentioning his involvement in sports etc.

they ended up playing a lot of beastie boys songs through out the whole night at the arena.

that is cool.

" Elevated platform never gonna conform "

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...&content=music

Old 05-06-2012, 07:10 AM
USA

Quote:

Dude I was there, I'm not sure what you saw, but they put his name and picture up the big screens, then proceeded to play 3 consecutive beastie songs. They did before fox's broadcast(I was there for the early fights) it was definitely surprising but also real real cool of them to do.

Snl also paid tribute to him by showing a clip of their live performance of sure shot.

And not that this matters but the bar I was at on Friday had one of those digital juke boxes, I played every beastie song they had. Twice.

Old 05-06-2012, 08:05 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnout18 View Post
Dude I was there, I'm not sure what you saw, but they put his name and picture up the big screens, then proceeded to play 3 consecutive beastie songs. They did before fox's broadcast(I was there for the early fights) it was definitely surprising but also real real cool of them to do.

Snl also paid tribute to him by showing a clip of their live performance of sure shot.

And not that this matters but the bar I was at on Friday had one of those digital juke boxes, I played every beastie song they had. Twice.
that's awesome. I was watching the prelims as well but once they switched õver to the main broadcast on fox the presenter mentioned his passing, showing a picture etc. pretty sure they started playing girls after that in the arena. later on I thought I heard rhymin and stealin. either way it was a nice surprise and must have felt good being there and all. (great event too).

BeastieBoys.com

Old 05-06-2012, 08:59 AM
Johnny Ryall

It's been two days and it still doesn't seem real. I had posted this somewhere else, but now that I can, I have to repost it in the place it belongs (I'm still just as teared up as the first time)

I will never forget Lollapalooza 1994 in Philadelphia, when Yauch brough out Tibetan Monks from the Yellow Hat Sect to begin the day with some beautiful chanting. I was 17 years old. I can remember his face (I will never, ever forget) as some ignorant and disrespectful fans threw water bottles at the monks. I always wanted to write a letter of apology to Yauch, on behalf of Philadelphia, and to also thank him for introducing me to the struggles of Tibet, with eventually led to my interest in Buddhism and the Dharma. I can honestly say that in addition to being the soundtrack of my life, starting at 8, to the Beastie Boys, espeically Adam Yauch, I owe a debt that can never be repaid. May Adam find a most positive rebirth, and even though we never met, I thank him from the bottom of my heart for the beautiful path he helped set me upon, just by being a postitive influence and role model. I promise that I will continue to use "Bodhisattva Vow" as my mantra. And to the Beastie Boys, you always were and always will be more than a band to me, you are a way of life.

equinox symmetry and the balance is right, smokin and drinkin' on a tuesday night.

Old 05-06-2012, 10:04 AM
Never-Nude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadrach View Post
It's been two days and it still doesn't seem real. I had posted this somewhere else, but now that I can, I have to repost it in the place it belongs (I'm still just as teared up as the first time)

I will never forget Lollapalooza 1994 in Philadelphia, when Yauch brough out Tibetan Monks from the Yellow Hat Sect to begin the day with some beautiful chanting. I was 17 years old. I can remember his face (I will never, ever forget) as some ignorant and disrespectful fans threw water bottles at the monks. I always wanted to write a letter of apology to Yauch, on behalf of Philadelphia, and to also thank him for introducing me to the struggles of Tibet, with eventually led to my interest in Buddhism and the Dharma. I can honestly say that in addition to being the soundtrack of my life, starting at 8, to the Beastie Boys, espeically Adam Yauch, I owe a debt that can never be repaid. May Adam find a most positive rebirth, and even though we never met, I thank him from the bottom of my heart for the beautiful path he helped set me upon, just by being a postitive influence and role model. I promise that I will continue to use "Bodhisattva Vow" as my mantra. And to the Beastie Boys, you always were and always will be more than a band to me, you are a way of life.
Well said, and that's what makes this so hard for all of us. They weren't just a band, they really were a way of life and shaped us all as we grew up. Adam is an amazing role model that I aspire to be more like with each passing day.

The proof is in the puddin'

Old 05-06-2012, 11:30 AM

Thumbs up Re: Adam Yauch - 1964-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadrach View Post

thanks for refreshing a great memory , yea i saw him before at Lollapalooza 1994 also with the monks. (but in Houston)
Old 05-06-2012, 09:15 AM
slippery mutherfucka

I guess everything's been said already. I'll miss the Beastie Boys - I was so looking forward to the next album release and tour. Never would have thought the last time I saw them was the last - Connect Festival, Inveraray Castle, awesome set. I saw them every time they came round, and thought there'd be a lot more to come. Life's like that, have every moment while it's here. Hope everyone left behind is ok, my thoughts are with them. Thanks for all you did - it was great. Had Beasties on all weekend, and watched the video of the boys throwing water on Charles Eddy - so typical of their attitude to fun, nice one, still makes me chuckle. Take it easy guys.

i got the ill communication

Old 05-06-2012, 09:09 AM
Bill Me

Quote:

Yeah, that was nice.

I'm pretty sure Dana White is a big fan. He was wearing a Grand Royal t-shirt on an episode of The Ultimate Fighter on Friday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echewta View Post
Bob is laying pipe. Thats about it.