Old 12-01-2020, 12:05 PM

Default Re: HSC Part One

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyChavello View Post
Just listened to B-Boys in the Cut on this thing and Adrock's cadence on the verse that includes "Oscar the Grouch...trashy; rockin' Derelict...flashy" is way different.
did B-Boys in the Cut get a early pre Zdar release? because this is def different than the Part Two version.

the review of HSCP1 said Bundt Cake was 21 seconds of a crisp drum break and snatches of cyber vocals. this version has the crisp drums but i don’t really hear any vocals.

i dunno guys, someone needs to get the scoop from the guy that uploaded this. i’d like to hear him out.
Old 12-01-2020, 12:10 PM

B-Boys in the Cut came out before / pre-Zdar via the instrumental and acapella being released separately.

So I’m still not convinced, but happy to be proven wrong. A photo of the (presumably promo) cd would help matters.

Quote:
DIAMOND: He wishes he could be here right now. So do we.

Old 12-01-2020, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave790 View Post
B-Boys in the Cut came out before / pre-Zdar via the instrumental and acapella being released separately.
ok well that makes sense because the version of B-Boys in the Cut thats on this guy’s Youtube channel is a vinyl rip. i could distinctly hear the pops.
Old 12-01-2020, 04:43 PM
Up in your Crawlspace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micodin View Post
ok well that makes sense because the version of B-Boys in the Cut thats on this guy’s Youtube channel is a vinyl rip. i could distinctly hear the pops.
I remember this came out in two parts, and someone put it together. The instrumental was on one thing, and the acapella was on another. I don't remember the specifics. It sounds like someone misaligned that last verse (not their fault, they had no idea what it would sound like)

But this was definitely the one someone put together from vinyl rips. Which makes the quote from the uploader that "These all came from the Part 1 CD" not true.

Keep it on

Last edited by Bradleystp : 12-01-2020 at 04:53 PM.
Old 12-01-2020, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradleystp View Post
But this was definitely the one someone put together from vinyl rips. Which makes the quote from the uploader that "These all came from the Part 1 CD" not true.
i concur.
Old 12-01-2020, 05:58 PM
Current Member

Lee Majors, Pop your Balloon and B-Boys in the cut are literally the same rips we had in 2009. Cut is off cadence-wise because someone mashed the pella and the beat together (Zane Lowe played the official version a few months later, I believe). Balloon even has the cursing removed because it was ripped from a game.

Make Some Noise turned up on Z-Trips redacted thing, in its pre-Zdar glory, as limp and as lifeless as lettuce audio-wise. This one ain’t it.

AND it’s the 2011 HALSFY.

This is a playlist.

Shout at the Devil!

Old 12-01-2020, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Presentable View Post
Lee Majors, Pop your Balloon and B-Boys in the cut are literally the same rips we had in 2009. Cut is off cadence-wise because someone mashed the pella and the beat together (Zane Lowe played the official version a few months later, I believe). Balloon even has the cursing removed because it was ripped from a game.

Make Some Noise turned up on Z-Trips redacted thing, in its pre-Zdar glory, as limp and as lifeless as lettuce audio-wise. This one ain’t it.

AND it’s the 2011 HALSFY.

This is a playlist.
i’d like to think some guy put this shabbily together and sold it to the Youtube guy on ebay. maybe he genuinely thought he had the real thing? we all could of done a better job than this lol.

was HALSFY was released before HSCP2? i don’t remember a different version.

Last edited by Micodin : 12-01-2020 at 06:52 PM.
Old 12-02-2020, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Anyone know where I can hear this version of Make Some Noise?
Old 12-02-2020, 06:11 PM

Quote:
did B-Boys in the Cut get a early pre Zdar release? because this is def different than the Part Two version.

the review of HSCP1 said Bundt Cake was 21 seconds of a crisp drum break and snatches of cyber vocals. this version has the crisp drums but i don’t really hear any vocals.

i dunno guys, someone needs to get the scoop from the guy that uploaded this. i’d like to hear him out.
I'm on that.
Old 12-02-2020, 10:03 PM
Current Member

Quote:

It’s either going to be a rip of the ‘combined’ version (most likely as the timing is off) or it’s a rip of the version Zane played from the UK press tour just before Yauch’s announcement.

Shout at the Devil!

Old 12-03-2020, 01:55 PM

Quote:
It’s either going to be a rip of the ‘combined’ version (most likely as the timing is off) or it’s a rip of the version Zane played from the UK press tour just before Yauch’s announcement.
I spoke with the dude from Beastie Collection. These tracks came from a torrent site. They are a combo of tracks from different sources. I put together a list of tracks very similar to this many years ago, but didn't create this torrent. I asked him if he wants me to send him the source tracks for the project I worked on along with the info for the source audio for all of them. He thought that was a cool idea, so he'll be posting the "complete" version that I envisioned from 2011. That seemed easier than trying to back into where each version of the one he currently has posted came from. So look out for those if you are interested.

But, yeah, it isn't a "leak" or any type of official version of HSCP1. Mystery solved.
Old 12-12-2020, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfatlove06 View Post
I spoke with the dude from Beastie Collection. These tracks came from a torrent site. They are a combo of tracks from different sources. I put together a list of tracks very similar to this many years ago, but didn't create this torrent. I asked him if he wants me to send him the source tracks for the project I worked on along with the info for the source audio for all of them. He thought that was a cool idea, so he'll be posting the "complete" version that I envisioned from 2011. That seemed easier than trying to back into where each version of the one he currently has posted came from. So look out for those if you are interested.

But, yeah, it isn't a "leak" or any type of official version of HSCP1. Mystery solved.
And... here it is

I think that this playlist can be fun for anyone. It pretty much archives everything that was relevant as far as HSCP1 or HSCP2. It's a story that fans, collectors, re-mixers, archivists, and historians can appreciate at any level.

If you wanna spend 2 minutes finding something to listen to, you can.
If you wanna spend an hour revisiting a particular song or two, you can.
If you wanna spend 7 hours listening to the entire playlist, you can.

Whichever you pick is probably going to be fun.
Old 12-12-2020, 01:31 PM
Music est. 1986

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfatlove06 View Post
And... here it is

wow! thank you.