Old 05-10-2012, 10:05 AM
Peace & Love

Default Obama Supports Same Sex Marriage

Incredible, awesome and absolutely the right choice. http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/10/op...=1&hp#comments

It has always taken strong national leadership to expand equal rights in this country, and it has long been obvious that marriage rights are no exception. President Obama offered some of that leadership on Wednesday. “I think same-sex couples should be able to get married,” Mr. Obama said in an interview with ABC News that the White House arranged for the purpose of giving Mr. Obama a forum to say just that.

With those 10 words, Mr. Obama finally stopped temporizing and “evolving” his position on same-sex marriage and took the moral high ground on what may be the great civil rights struggle of our time. His words will not end the bitter fight over marriage rights, which we fear will continue for years to come. But they were of great symbolic value, and perhaps more. As Mayor Michael Bloomberg noted, no expansion of rights embraced by a president has failed to become the law of the land.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YXKLqVCz8SA
I'm going dowwwwwn
[/url]

Old 05-11-2012, 10:24 AM

Default Re: Obama Supports Same Sex Marriage

this will go a long way to improving our economy

but you do know that Dick Cheney beat him to the punch, so I assume you give Cheney the same belated love you now praise upon Obama?

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/...n-2009/256961/

On August 10, 1944, Red Barrett of the Boston Braves pitched a complete game against the Reds with only 58 pitches.

Old 05-11-2012, 10:46 AM
Mike D is a legend.

Can you say "flip-flop"? Well, of course, since he just attended a fundraising event at George Clooney's house, so he's got to make it appear as if he's pro-gay marriage, for the Hollywood elites. Word of advice, Obama: pick a platform and stick with it, whatever it is.

...one might say that the Beastie Boy "Fight for Your Right to Party" guy is a hypocrite. Well, maybe; but in this fucked up world all you can hope for is change, and I'd rather be a hypocrite to you than a zombie forever.
-Adam Horovitz

Old 05-11-2012, 02:36 PM
Peace & Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by valvano View Post
this will go a long way to improving our economy

but you do know that Dick Cheney beat him to the punch, so I assume you give Cheney the same belated love you now praise upon Obama?

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/...n-2009/256961/
He's held onto much of President Bush's past policies and wars, he may as well grab hold of a few of Dick Cheneys beliefs too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdfloatindown View Post
Can you say "flip-flop"? Well, of course, since he just attended a fundraising event at George Clooney's house, so he's got to make it appear as if he's pro-gay marriage, for the Hollywood elites. Word of advice, Obama: pick a platform and stick with it, whatever it is.
I'm mixed up, so Obama really is against marriage equality?
It's just an appearance like when he was against it?
So he is going to change his mind on this again?

I'm going dowwwwwn
[/url]

Old 05-11-2012, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeahwho View Post
He's held onto much of President Bush's past policies and wars, he may as well grab hold of a few of Dick Cheneys beliefs too.

I'm mixed up, so Obama really is against marriage equality?
It's just an appearance like when he was against it?
So he is going to change his mind on this again?
equality as long as he can make some bucks off it, just dont ask for any legislative help

http://store.barackobama.com/collect...for-obama.html

hope and change

On August 10, 1944, Red Barrett of the Boston Braves pitched a complete game against the Reds with only 58 pitches.

Old 05-11-2012, 04:17 PM
Peace & Love

I thought Romney was going after Obama on the economy? Looks like Romney decided he doesn't need money or interest from the gay community. Is that good economics?

I'm going dowwwwwn
[/url]

Old 05-11-2012, 07:20 PM
just here for the .gifs

It's a political move for sure. But seriously, this is an election...it's part of the process. It's a productive move, and Obama probably does believe in marriage equality, so it's not dishonest. It shows Romney to be an old fuddy duddy, because he had to dig in and reiterate his position against gay marriage.

I think it will improve the economy, actually. Because it shows that we're progressing, not stagnating, so it improves our position in the world. With respect comes investment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebasser View Post
So wait, this guy is driving around in his jeep with his cat and his television in the back and he's got his favourite music blaring away and... I think I've missed the point.

Old 05-12-2012, 07:48 AM
technically insane

I think same-sex couples should be able to get married...

Is this about equality or defining marriage? I hope Obama re-writes the Bible as the "NOV" ... New Obama Version. Then we can have real change.

I would support the NOV for sure, because you know its God inspired and not about votes.

earl@fuckyoumyman.com

Old 05-12-2012, 04:00 PM
Peace & Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbott View Post

Is this about equality or defining marriage? I hope Obama re-writes the Bible as the "NOV" ... New Obama Version. Then we can have real change.
?
I'm not too sure what you are trying to say, which makes it hard to respond.

My sarcasm radar says you're against President Obama and his decision to openly support same sex marriage.

If I'm wrong LMK.

Where presidential politics are concerned, Romney now must convince us being gay is being a second class citizen. He must also convince us how in the world same sex couples getting married detracts us from our existence?

I'm offended by all sorts of crazy shit that the government does, usually it involves wars and destruction of the middle class with no oversight whatsoever.

A couple of guys or girls wanting to get married? That is waaaay down on my priorities as far as political issues. I put same sex marriage equal to a decision of wheter I want fries or not with that burger. It's not going to change anything I do on a day to day basis. Future generations are going to look back on this era and wonder WTF.

If you're against gay marriage that is OK, that isn't the issue. The issue is equality and access to equality, this is a country founded on equality, freedom and liberty. As long as you do no harm or break any laws you are entitled to have any viewpoint you want. You can also begin to work on legislation to stop same sex marriage.

Vote for Romney. He's got you covered. He is not evolving on this issue.

Fight it thru any legal means you can! That is all those opposed to same sex marriage can do. Or frown at gay people. It seems incredibly silly to me.

I'm going dowwwwwn
[/url]

Old 05-12-2012, 04:22 PM
technically insane

Im all about equal rights.

earl@fuckyoumyman.com

Old 05-12-2012, 04:58 PM
technically insane

i would like to be equal.

earl@fuckyoumyman.com

Old 05-12-2012, 05:55 PM
Peace & Love

Quote:
Im all about equal rights.
Yeah I thought so, that's awesome.

Quote:
i would like to be equal.
Do you find yourself at times being unequal?

Quote:

I would support the NOV for sure, because you know its God inspired and not about votes.
Webster and a whole other host of dictionaries have already defined marriage. It was defined without once editing the bible. I really don't think your going to get a NOV.

This is Dick Cheney and Barack Obama agreeing on something as basic as what is acceptable in the USA as marriage.

I'm going dowwwwwn
[/url]

Old 05-14-2012, 06:26 PM
technically insane

Webster and a whole other host of dictionaries have already defined marriage. It was defined without once editing the bible. I really don't think your going to get a NOV.

This is Dick Cheney and Barack Obama agreeing on something as basic as what is acceptable in the USA as marriage

Good answer ... Im going to keep my eye on you.

earl@fuckyoumyman.com

Old 05-14-2012, 07:26 PM
Peace & Love

Quote:

Good answer ... Im going to keep my eye on you.
OK, as long as it's just your eye, I don't swing that way.

I'm going dowwwwwn
[/url]