Go Back   Beastie Boys Message Board > Non-Beastie Boys > General Political Discussion

Old 02-08-2012, 04:51 PM
Peace & Love

Default Re: Republican Presidential Candidates 2012

I guess you could say Santorum is no longer coming up the rear.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YXKLqVCz8SA
I'm going dowwwwwn
[/url]

Old 02-16-2012, 05:42 PM
Peace & Love

Straight from Gilligan's Island it's "Thurston Howell III"

lol

I'm going dowwwwwn
[/url]

Old 05-08-2012, 08:44 PM
Peace & Love

link to article Mitt Romney Bails on the Truth

This Romney guy is delusional,

Mr. Romney told a Cleveland television station yesterday that he would “take a lot of credit” for the industry’s comeback because he recommended that General Motors and Chrysler go through bankruptcy, which they did. “I pushed the idea of a managed bankruptcy and finally when that was done, and help was given, the companies got back on their feet,” he said.

To anyone with the slightest knowledge of what happened in Detroit in 2008 and 2009, it’s a breathtaking statement. The companies didn’t survive simply because they declared bankruptcy; they were bailed out with $80 billion in taxpayer money. That proved to be one of the government’s best investments in modern times, and 1.45 million people are working as a direct result of it.

And Mitt Romney unequivocally opposed that bailout.

It's bizarre. How is he going to defend all of his own utter bullshit let alone the truth about himself in a debate? This may be a boring campaign to some but if you're paying attention to what is passing as a presidential candidate while our Country is held virtually stopped by congress it's mind boggling.

I'm going dowwwwwn
[/url]

Old 05-08-2012, 09:15 PM
just here for the .gifs

At this point all of this is starting to get less funny and more creepy. I'm so sick of the double talk from everyone. How hard is honesty? I've followed presidential elections every term since Bush I, and I have never seen this kind of dishonesty. Granted, I was a kid with limited knowledge for most of them, but geez, Romney sucks. This whole batch of gross people think they have the authority to determine everything...they're fascists, it's unbelievable. I've never been scared of an American politician until now. At least it's getting passive, yet reasonable people irked enough to speak up for once.

Anyway, on a lighter note, he needs to drop the small businesses are in trouble bit. If anything, my small business boss works harder if he thinks taxes are going to increase. It's actually a growth prompt! We end up getting more business to cover the taxes and tighten up the budget. Isn't that what they're asking poor people to do? Why not put the same logic on business? they're acting nuts! they just don't want to change their way of doing things, so they're asking everyone else to suffer instead, it's pathetic. And they're failing, so good, I guess I don't have to be so scared.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebasser View Post
So wait, this guy is driving around in his jeep with his cat and his television in the back and he's got his favourite music blaring away and... I think I've missed the point.

Old 05-08-2012, 10:07 PM
Peace & Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorothy Wood View Post
At this point all of this is starting to get less funny and more creepy. I'm so sick of the double talk from everyone. How hard is honesty? I've followed presidential elections every term since Bush I, and I have never seen this kind of dishonesty
It's astounding and I'm glad that you are following these guys. Mitt Romney wants to be in charge of our USA and this is the way he goes about gathering votes? Taking credit for a bankruptcy? When I posted that article about Edward Conard in the other thread I figured Romney was intelligent enough to distance himself from that guy but as one of the NYTimes commentators so eloquently put it
Quote:

Wow, the guy is bragging about advocating "managed bankruptcy." Now there's a positive voice we need to lead our country! No need to build, work together, dream big -- we simply need to dissect, dissemble, and manage bankruptcies. Our vision for the future!
Mitt Romney is a vulture capitalist.

I'm going dowwwwwn
[/url]

Old 05-09-2012, 08:53 PM
just here for the .gifs

He really is a vulture. I don't have a problem with reorganizing and buying out corporations when they're floundering, but I do have a problem with the constant evaluation of and dependance on efficiency. So what if you can make 1000 more widgets per hour with a different method of longer hours, fewer employees and more pressure? if method A is working and giving people jobs, then isn't it fine? Can't we focus on fixing social issues for once? It's obvious they aren't going to fix themselves.

These guys, I mean, how much money do they need? They think government is doing a bad job, so why aren't there tons of private schools opening?
Why hasn't the healthcare business corrected itself? They act like private enterprise is infallible, but private companies fold all the time. Institutions are there for a reason, to serve the people, not the bottom line.

Quote:
So wait, this guy is driving around in his jeep with his cat and his television in the back and he's got his favourite music blaring away and... I think I've missed the point.

Old 05-11-2012, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorothy Wood View Post
So what if you can make 1000 more widgets per hour with a different method of longer hours, fewer employees and more pressure? if method A is working and giving people jobs, then isn't it fine? .
spoken like a true idiot living in a utopian fairyland....

i guess that fact that if you run a business based on your philosophy, but your competition can produce the same widget but with lower costs and better efficiently, you do realize that you probably wont be in business much longer??

based on your desires, horse and buggy companies would still be around?

On August 10, 1944, Red Barrett of the Boston Braves pitched a complete game against the Reds with only 58 pitches.

Old 05-11-2012, 06:44 PM
just here for the .gifs

Quote:
Originally Posted by valvano View Post
spoken like a true idiot living in a utopian fairyland....

i guess that fact that if you run a business based on your philosophy, but your competition can produce the same widget but with lower costs and better efficiently, you do realize that you probably wont be in business much longer??

based on your desires, horse and buggy companies would still be around?
Well, there are still horse and buggy companies, duh. www.buggy.com

I guess I must live in a utopian fairyland. My competition does things more cheaply and efficiently with machinery, but we choose to do most things by hand. And because we do things by hand, we can actually do more. Not the great volume of some other places, but because we are talented and know what we're doing, we get to make things for more prestigious clients.

And we get to be on TV without paying a cent for ad time, because we stand apart creatively enough to be asked to be interviewed and profiled for local news segments. A famous home decor show host even visited the store and gave us a national audience.

Do my bosses have more money than our competitors? probably not yet, but they have better reputations, and can afford a house in the city, vehicles, vacations, etc. And they're gasp...happy!

The world is not black and white, my dear. The more you flap your gums, the more you show your ignorance. I'm sorry you're so unsatisfied with life. Maybe you need to see a therapist?

Quote: